PDA

View Full Version : Meanmouth Bass Anyone?

HuskerRod
06-04-2015, 09:29 PM
http://www.scout.com/outdoors/fishing/story/1528240-return-of-meanmouth#/outdoors/fishing/story/1528240-return-of-meanmouth

Interesting article on these guys. A largemouth and smallmouth cross. Do we have any of these around here anywheres?? Quinn, Quinn,..(long pause)....Bueller, Bueller,.............(longer pause)..........Anyone that knows it all on fishing..anyone

Skinny
06-04-2015, 10:45 PM
I'm your huckleberry! I've caught numerous mean mouths at DVL. And spots and catcarps at Perris. I once caught a striper/bluegill hybrid on a piece of Bologna in the Santa Ana river. Lol, would be cool to get some of those at DVL.

hookdfisherman
06-04-2015, 10:54 PM

http://www.scout.com/outdoors/fishing/story/1528240-return-of-meanmouth#/outdoors/fishing/story/1528240-return-of-meanmouth

Seal hunting the meanies?

kwin
06-08-2015, 01:33 PM
I've seen a couple of questionable "hybrids" at DVL that I would classify as SMB due to their dorsal fin morphology, mouth hinge length and fin ray counts. I've also caught a few questionable hybrids out near Havasu. Didn't take the time to count fins there because I was too busy catching fish to care.

noleash
06-12-2015, 07:04 PM

Interesting article on these guys. A largemouth and smallmouth cross. Do we have any of these around here anywheres?? Quinn, Quinn,..(long pause)....Bueller, Bueller,.............(longer pause)..........Anyone that knows it all on fishing..anyone

There are ALL KINDS of FEMALE MEANMOUTH BASS here in Hemet! If you come to town you will see them at the grocery store,Wallmart, the liquor store ,gas stations,Etc...Etc...Etc,,,,I personaly wouldn't want to catch one but it's a good bet they would put uo an exellent FIGHT!!!:LOL:

noleash
06-12-2015, 07:18 PM
There are ALL KINDS of FEMALE MEANMOUTH BASS here in Hemet! If you come to town you will see them at the grocery store,Wallmart, the liquor store ,gas stations,Etc...Etc...Etc,,,,I personaly wouldn't want to catch one but it's a good bet they would put uo an exellent FIGHT!!!:LOL:
PLEASE NOTE....If you intend on "EATING" one of these things a rigorous cleaning of it and a proper disposal of all digital items is and will be in order!: Cool:

gwurzel
06-12-2015, 07:35 PM
Noleash, your a bad man, now come and clean my keyboard up, for some reason its covered in coffee.

twin22s
06-12-2015, 09:53 PM
If this is real, awesome. If it's not real, someone needs to make those things in a secret underground pond and plant them all over like Johnny basple seed!

Ambassadorhawg
06-21-2015, 06:18 AM
We've caught a few in the Colorado River lakes but not in DVL.

HawgZWylde
06-21-2015, 08:53 AM
I've caught lots of Smallmouth at DVL, they put up a helluva good fight. While I'm not a biologist and certainly not a know-it-all, several of those catches had characteristics of both species. In my opinion as an angler I would say yes they are indeed in DVL and yes, they put up a helluva good fight hence the name "Meanmouth". But Smallies aren't they only species that can hybridize with LMB, Gills can too.

I posted this link on another thread, it's a good read;
www.in-fisherman.com/bass/hybrid-black-bass