PDA

View Full Version : hooping dana point this friday (10-12)

irvinec32
10-11-2007, 11:23 AM
a buddy and i will try hooping for the first time this friday at dana point. does anyone have any suggestions? any hoopers interested in coming along?

rockbass
10-11-2007, 08:02 PM
I haven't hooped Dana for a few years- Dana has always had an awesome number of bugs crawling, but they were all shorts!!(which is the reason I haven't gone back!) We have had 50+ bugs in an outing, and still gone home hungry.I have only hooped the inside, I have heard good stories about the outside, but our vessel is not able to go outside the breakwall. Maybe all of the shorts have grown up, i don't know. Dana has always been fun, there is a lot of interesting pulls, lots of sealife, but the bugs just don't grow up- or they grow up and move out?

hektic77
10-12-2007, 06:39 PM
I will be hooping with the yak next weekend at Dana. When you say inside you are talking about the inside of the breakwall correct. Any location you can suggest??? Near the bait barge? Along the north jetty? Any tips would be appreciated. Thanks... :D

Re8elmonk0341
10-12-2007, 08:32 PM
I went out on opening night to DP. And heard over someone's load speaker that they can't hoop the inside wall or thier nets will be pulled.

hektic77
10-12-2007, 09:34 PM
Reallly...that is a little B.S. huh....I better check into that...

Anyone else here this? any validity? any links to info?

tkm127
10-13-2007, 01:57 AM
Yes, it's true. I was there opening day also. It was the harbor patrol who instructed everyone with hoops in the harbor to remove them or they will be confiscated.