PDA

View Full Version : A few by the dam

Deceiver
06-02-2015, 10:35 AM
Fished the North shore near the dam on Saturday. Not the best time, started at about 11:30 and fished until about 1:00. Got three to cooperate, two on the night crawler and one on Chunky Cheese Gulp. All fish on the slip bobber about 10-12 feet down. Decent grade of fish. Saw several larger fish cruising slow just off the shore, but they weren't too interested in anything.

Viejo
06-02-2015, 04:22 PM
Nice fish. Is that a picture of you releasing the fish after jamming a finger through it's gills? That's a new form of catch & release that must be popular.

PokerFish
06-02-2015, 09:57 PM
I was there this weekend camping at Serrano Campground. Tried 1 time on the north side and 2 times on the south side for not even a bite at the dam. I was soaking 1 rod with rainbow Powerbait on a sliding sinker rig and throwing a Kastmaster with the other.

Deceiver
06-03-2015, 08:24 AM
Nice fish. Is that a picture of you releasing the fish after jamming a finger through it's gills? That's a new form of catch & release that must be popular.
My finger is not in contact with the gills, just holding the gill plate.

Deceiver
06-03-2015, 08:34 AM
I was there this weekend camping at Serrano Campground. Tried 1 time on the north side and 2 times on the south side for not even a bite at the dam. I was soaking 1 rod with rainbow Powerbait on a sliding sinker rig and throwing a Kastmaster with the other.
I was fishing a slip bobber with the bobber stop set at about 10-12 feet. I found the night crawlers to draw more interest, but the Chunky Cheese did account for one fish. As the weather warms up, I usually still can find fish down by the dam, but deeper down around 20 feet. There is a website that posts lake conditions and depth of the thermocline...that's the depth you wanna be at.

gzank6
06-15-2015, 11:12 AM
was up there saturday, fished at windy point... night crawlers, Gulp garlic scent. nothing at all. A guy showed up and fished 20yrds down and got one bass and one cat on nightcrawlers.

Cameron
06-15-2015, 11:56 AM
Good to see both fish & water still in the lake. Thanks for sharing.