PDA

View Full Version : Dam Stripers

Fishnfun
06-01-2015, 08:30 AM
I've been getting a lot of good information from a FNN member on how to fish the dam at Castaic for stripers. One method is to bait up a bloodworm or lugworm, toss it out on a c-rig and wait for a bite. I assume that the worm is just crawling around on the lake bottom and hopefully a striper comes by and sees it. I have zero experience fishing with blood or lug worms. Never even handled one. So, my question is why not blow-up the blood or lug worm with a little air using a worm blower like those used to blow-up a night crawler when fishing for trout? This way the blood or lug worm floats a little off the bottom which makes it easier for the stripers to see and keeps it out of any bottom weeds. Good idea?

cutbait
06-01-2015, 08:42 AM
Be careful with those blood worms. They have sharp and big teeth. That's why they are called blood worms.

Since you've never handled them becareful. Treat them like you would a rattlesnake. Pinch them behind the head so they can't strike you and sink those teeth in. Once you get the hook in the worm quickly release the head in a flinging manner because they can strike up to 1/3 their body length.

You might need a buddy to help you blow it up while you focus on holding the head, but your theory sounds solid

I know a guy who once had a tub of those fall in his lap and the lid came off. Took 38 stitches to sew him up.

Becareful out there and good luck, hope to see a report

Stormcrow
06-01-2015, 08:57 AM
Be careful with those blood worms. They have sharp and big teeth. That's why they are called blood worms.

Since you've never handled them becareful. Treat them like you would a rattlesnake. Pinch them behind the head so they can't strike you and sink those teeth in. Once you get the hook in the worm quickly release the head in a flinging manner because they can strike up to 1/3 their body length.

You might need a buddy to help you blow it up while you focus on holding the head, but your theory sounds solid

I know a guy who once had a tub of those fall in his lap and the lid came off. Took 38 stitches to sew him up.

GTFO!!!! Are you serious?????

cutbait
06-01-2015, 08:58 AM
GTFO!!!! Are you serious?????

Would I kid about something as serious?

HawgZWylde
06-01-2015, 09:04 AM

LMAO!!!

Oh hell yes, this is classic CB, lol...

DEVOREFLYER
06-01-2015, 09:09 AM
It's much safer to throw an A-Rig with frogs on it. It's a Striper killer, it was reported in WON last year so it must be the truth......

HawgZWylde
06-01-2015, 09:17 AM

:OMG!::OMG!::OMG!:Gahhh, poor dude. Probably the worst knob job he ever had...

HawgZWylde
06-01-2015, 09:20 AM
It's much safer to throw an A-Rig with frogs on it. It's a Striper killer, it was reported in WON last year so it must be the truth......

Yup, and they gotta be TOPWATER frogs at that!

Mr T-rex
06-01-2015, 11:01 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mktMxLrU8rA

Stormcrow
06-01-2015, 11:05 AM

I'm aware of the physiology and those things have always creeped me out, but the STORY really makes me clinch up my butt cheeks if you know what I mean.

DEVOREFLYER
06-01-2015, 11:39 AM
I'm aware of the physiology and those things have always creeped me out, but the STORY really makes me clinch up my butt cheeks if you know what I mean.

I've had the same problem goin' 75+ in the BassCat, sucked the seat cover off, if ya know what I mean.....lol

Stinkbait
06-01-2015, 01:19 PM

You are not supposed to put them there.....!

Stormcrow
06-01-2015, 02:03 PM
You are not supposed to put them there.....!

Baaaaahahahahahaahahah!:ROFL:

Stormcrow
06-01-2015, 02:04 PM
I've had the same problem goin' 75+ in the BassCat, sucked the seat cover off, if ya know what I mean.....lol

I do that when Im running in 2 feet of water at 75 to get out of Havasu up into the River.

dkinla
06-01-2015, 03:17 PM
I've been getting a lot of good information from a FNN member on how to fish the dam at Castaic for stripers. One method is to bait up a bloodworm or lugworm, toss it out on a c-rig and wait for a bite. I assume that the worm is just crawling around on the lake bottom and hopefully a striper comes by and sees it. I have zero experience fishing with blood or lug worms. Never even handled one. So, my question is why not blow-up the blood or lug worm with a little air using a worm blower like those used to blow-up a night crawler when fishing for trout? This way the blood or lug worm floats a little off the bottom which makes it easier for the stripers to see and keeps it out of any bottom weeds. Good idea?

Sure give it a try. But inflating lugworms might be tougher due to the way their anatomy is. They are not like your night crawlers/bloodworms. Just handle one and you'll see what I mean.

I also think stripers can probably can key in on the scent/blood released by these worms in addition to visually seeing them.

Fishnfun
06-01-2015, 06:09 PM
:Smile:

Sure give it a try. But inflating lugworms might be tougher due to the way their anatomy is. They are not like your night crawlers/bloodworms. Just handle one and you'll see what I mean.

I also think stripers can probably can key in on the scent/blood released by these worms in addition to visually seeing them.

OK, you guys have got to stop with all the funny replies! I can't stop laughing :LOL: Thank you to cutbait and dkinla for your opinions on my question. I was going to ask the FNN members about fishing with live mud suckers but I'm afraid of all the funny answers I will be getting :LOL:. Thanks all.

cutbait
06-01-2015, 06:25 PM
Mud suckers?...

I refer you to West Hollywood

trail blazer
06-02-2015, 10:24 AM
LOL,,,,,,,,,,Forgive,m bro,,lol

Comes with the territory.

B,worms slay stripers just like they are.

TRAIL BLAZER

TroutOnly
06-02-2015, 12:53 PM
fishnfun just throw youre bait out it doesn't have to be suspended fro the stripers to find it..........

fishfinder
06-16-2015, 09:42 AM
how about using a slip bobber

catfishkid1
06-17-2015, 08:11 AM
:Secret::Secret:SHHHHHHHHHH, what're y'all doing....trying to get me fired for laughing so hard at work??
Mannnnnn, that was funny as hell!! " Here's a riddle " How many dummies does it take to put a worm on a hook???

seal
06-17-2015, 08:57 AM

Hell of a way to get a circumcision!