PDA

View Full Version : Question about Castaic

Stormcrow
05-28-2015, 10:29 AM
I haven't been there in a long time. Is that goop still all over the marina? Is it still launchable? I live in the I.E. so I wanted to check before I made the drive.

Bassfan
05-28-2015, 12:40 PM
I have been there several times lately and have been meaning to report but now I will make time to give you an idea of conditions as of Saturday.
Water temp was 64-67 and level is up about 10 to 15 ft. from the low point several weeks ago. When the level went up some of the "mulch" and branches came with it. For a couple weeks it was a little messy driving in many areas but by last week not bad. Nothing like the mess we had when the stuff was several inches thick. Launching is no problem at all.
The fishing has been slow, bait is barely producing from what I've heard and the last few times, all I did was troll. Most days its a slow pick for me, many times with hours in between hits and anywhere from 5 to 8 stripers for the day. Not very inspiring but not a skunk in sight.
If you like bass fishing I think those guys are doing well. Saturday I got 3 smallmouth and one largemouth while trolling for Striper.
Hope this helps. Jim

ZipperWurm
05-28-2015, 03:25 PM
I've been there once a week for the past month, including today and the launch ramp is fine. There still some crud floating around in some parts of the lake, but it's not bad. I've only really been fishing for LMB and it's been really good. Was actually exceptional last week...but was quite slower today...

Joeysz06
05-28-2015, 05:36 PM
How's the blue gill?

augnmike
05-28-2015, 08:14 PM
Just curious about castaic are there a lot of carp in that lake? I was wondering if it would be worth it to get bowfishing passed there.

ZipperWurm
05-28-2015, 09:31 PM
There's huge carp there...they been jumping all over the lake recently. I don't see a lot of opportunities to shoot them with a bow, though...

Stormcrow
05-29-2015, 02:41 PM
Thanks guys thats nice of you to respond. I'm glad to see the lake up 10-15 feet.