PDA

View Full Version : That's Skinner for you

P.A.W.
05-27-2015, 10:02 AM
Thursday before the holiday weekend I had my best day in months. 8 Stripers and a 5lb LMB by 7:30 am. Left them biting in that area and cruised around hitting 7 more stripers and a total of 6 LMB. This was all on topwaters, my favorite fishing. I let the crowds have the lake for the holiday weekend and returned Tuesday with great anticipatioin. Low clouds, calm, mild temps.... all I could ask. Managed 2 mini-dinks and th-th-th-that's all folks! 46340 So post-frontal vs pre-frontal is all I can think of?

BlueGillChaser
05-27-2015, 11:13 AM
great..i cant wait to fish skinner.

mizukry
05-27-2015, 06:50 PM
PAW, nice job Thursday...Everytime I think I have Skinner figured out, it seems to throw me a curveball. I have had more luck pre than post. You're the master.... if it got you, the rest of us don't have a chance.

P.A.W.
05-27-2015, 07:30 PM
Ha! Just a journeyman no master. I know a few guys out there who can sure teach me. I just keep at it hoping the next day will be good. I'll be there Thursday to see if the sun brings the bait up.

sweetfish
05-28-2015, 09:26 AM
Hey Pat,

How is the grass filling in? Also how is the lake level been doing?

ddoskocil
05-28-2015, 11:16 AM
Cool Pat - Its summer time for me starting next week! I'll give you a call...

P.A.W.
05-28-2015, 12:06 PM
Just got back.... It was a dink-fest at the inlet. Got 7 or 8 but all under a pound. :Crying: Other than that pretty slow despite the nice cloudy skies early. Water temp is around 69 and the level has dropped a couple feet in the last few days. Inlet is running kinda slow so I'd expect further droppage. Weeds are stretching up and filling the extreme east ends.

Hey Darren don't expect too much right now. Also looks like I'll be subbing this summer. I'm sure we can get something in though.

TroutOnly
05-28-2015, 02:44 PM
I comin down a week or two pat keep them warm to the killer rolls in..........lol..........

P.A.W.
05-28-2015, 03:39 PM
I comin down a week or two pat keep them warm to the killer rolls in..........lol..........

Always good to see you there Bob. PM me before you come down so I can be there.