PDA

View Full Version : Three Old Men and The Sea

City Dad
05-24-2015, 09:52 AM
Escaped to the water yesterday for the first time in months.

Met up with Anchor3n1 and Bones.

Went up North.

Water the color of tea with plenty of milk and lots of pulp.

Swell almost non-existent.

Moved around.

Climbing rocks probably a bad idea for guys our age.

Climbing rocks at my age in a pair of flipflops an even worse idea.

Bright spot, Bones got his PB cetacean.
http://i205.photobucket.com/albums/bb225/timmeinhart/383.jpg (http://s205.photobucket.com/user/timmeinhart/media/383.jpg.html)

kinda sad, but fascinating also.

guys took me to a great fish-n-chips place.

Great day at the Ocean.

Thanks, fellahs.

Stumpknocker
05-24-2015, 12:47 PM
Were you anywhere near the oil spill? I wonder what did in the dolphin? Did you guys catch any non-cetacean denizens?

City Dad
05-24-2015, 01:13 PM
we were up near the spill... but there was no indication of what did the dolphin in.

absolutely no bite at all.

bones
05-24-2015, 01:56 PM
City Dad is being humble...He DID slay a HUGE calico:ROFL:

As far as the Dolphin....We were actually quite far from the oil spill and it was really fresh dead. I walked up to it and it looked fake at first. Just like black plastic. Even after touching it I wasn't sure it was real until I slightly opened it's mouth to reveal it's teeth and some very fresh blood. I hadn't started to decompose at all....... ZERO smell.Then we were approached by two guys from the Marine Wildlife Rescue stationed out of San Pedro. They asked us to help them out with putting the dolphin on a stretcher and we all worked together to carry the deceased animal up the rocks to their box truck on PCH so they could do an autopsy on it to determine the cause of death. It didn't have any injuries or even a slight film of crude oil on it whatsoever.

All of that being said....It was still a really nice day on the water with some good friends and Andrea's Seafood was great. Angel Shark fish and chips baby...... Awesome way to end the adventure for sure!

Riverdale
05-24-2015, 02:08 PM
Wow that's an amazing photo,all part of the cycle of Life,its spirit swims on!!!

anchor3n1
05-24-2015, 06:03 PM
Nice report Hemingway:Shocked:

I had a great morning hanging out with you an Mr. Bones. Yes that was an epic fight he had. Good job on the tail grab, bro:LOL:

I'm ready to hit it again with you both!!!!

Anchor3n1

TUNAVIC
05-24-2015, 09:17 PM
Wow,quite the find and picture,thanks for the pic and info!

Cya Tuna Vic

murrieta angler
05-25-2015, 06:55 AM
City Dad is being humble...He DID slay a HUGE calico:ROFL:

As far as the Dolphin....We were actually quite far from the oil spill and it was really fresh dead. I walked up to it and it looked fake at first. Just like black plastic. Even after touching it I wasn't sure it was real until I slightly opened it's mouth to reveal it's teeth and some very fresh blood. I hadn't started to decompose at all....... ZERO smell.Then we were approached by two guys from the Marine Wildlife Rescue stationed out of San Pedro. They asked us to help them out with putting the dolphin on a stretcher and we all worked together to carry the deceased animal up the rocks to their box truck on PCH so they could do an autopsy on it to determine the cause of death. It didn't have any injuries or even a slight film of crude oil on it whatsoever.

All of that being said....It was still a really nice day on the water with some good friends and Andrea's Seafood was great. Angel Shark fish and chips baby...... Awesome way to end the adventure for sure!

probably died from smoke inhalation...:ROFL:
Robert
<><

murrieta angler
05-25-2015, 06:56 AM
we were up near the spill... but there was no indication of what did the dolphin in.

absolutely no bite at all.

It's the second one that died in two days.
Robert
<><

DockRat
05-25-2015, 11:12 AM
Great Pic Bones !

bachiboy
05-25-2015, 10:44 PM
Man, the way the thing is posing (the porpoise not bones:LOL:) you'd think it was a sculpture. Glad you guys were able to get out there spend some time in the surf together.

Don

efishent
05-26-2015, 07:28 PM
That spot used to hold fish but sands shifted and covered some holes. It has been slow , messy and even dolphin couldn't catch fish in these conditions to save himself

iLLest
05-27-2015, 01:24 AM
LOL Mike posing next to it like he caught it :LOL:
hey, whats Mike (Midgettosser) doing in the back of Bones? :Big Grin:

anchor3n1
05-27-2015, 05:43 PM
LOL Mike posing next to it like he caught it :LOL:
hey, whats Mike (Midgettosser) doing in the back of Bones? :Big Grin:

He's walking off in disgust at Bones poaching his secret porpoise spot:LOL:

Which Way Out
05-28-2015, 09:49 PM
Bones, I can see that photo going viral any day now. You'll be ridiculed by the low information critics.

Looks cool though. Not everything sinks to the ocean floor or be eaten right away.

And why didn't you call?

WWO

Wingnut
05-30-2015, 03:35 PM
Good times Tim, Nick and Mike... :Big Grin: Poor Flipper, did you tape it out Mike? lol :LOL:

I'm finally hitting the surf tomorrow... hoping to catch my first surf fish of the year. :Envious: