PDA

View Full Version : local water hole keeps producing

madbass
05-18-2015, 12:04 PM
had another great fishing session this weekend.
no bites on the spinnerbait but they bit well on the senko (my go to bait) and the jig.
thanks Chris for the jig tip, its my 2nd got to bait.

day 1
fished in the am. overcast a bit chilly but that didn't stop the fish from biting.
pitched/cast the senko near all bushes, weeds, close to the bank got tons of good bites.
most came on the senko and few, but good ones, came on the jig.

day 2
arrived in the pm, tossed the spinnerbait for a good 30 mins with no luck, switched to the senko and continued with the same pattern as previous day.
once again got nailed on the senko, all quality fish except for 2. noticed that some of the fish were still bedding or acting like it...nailed those too...most on the senko, the females bit the jig like crazy. here's the funny part, casted my senko near the bank by some tulles and immediately got bit, set the hook but bust my braided line....weird...came back around an hour later and caught the same fish with my line, hook and senko still in the mouth, lol. noticed the my RP knot didn't but actually my braid did, WTF??? the guide on my tip got crush which knicked my braided line and that's how I lost my fish, lol....need to replace the tip. hopefully I na get it done by this weekend as I'm heading out for more bass whopping!!!

enjoy the pictures! 46255462564625746258462594626046261

madbass
05-18-2015, 12:07 PM
day two fishing session:

howstar
05-20-2015, 09:31 PM
Nice work!

TUNAVIC
05-21-2015, 08:43 AM
Wow,that's very cool,sure wish my home lake was producing like that,you can pm me the name of the lake anytime you need company,lol,take care keep swinging!

Cya Tuna Vic

goodguy
05-21-2015, 09:36 AM
Wow! Where is this place? I promise not to steal it if you PM me. Just curious... I honestly don't get out to fish but once or twice a year.

madbass
05-21-2015, 04:21 PM
Wow,that's very cool,sure wish my home lake was producing like that,you can pm me the name of the lake anytime you need company,lol,take care keep swinging!

Cya Tuna Vic

i'll PM you next time....maybe this weekend?!

madbass
05-21-2015, 04:23 PM
Wow! Where is this place? I promise not to steal it if you PM me. Just curious... I honestly don't get out to fish but once or twice a year.

im not territorial about my local hole. I actually like sharing the place so long as you respect it.
there's plenty of fish for everyone! I enjoy searching new water holes, its fun..

goodguy
05-22-2015, 07:20 AM
Cool! Looks like a fun place to hit up sometime...

asecretcourtesy
06-14-2015, 10:25 AM
I'd love to know as well! Had the itch and tried my luck at the la river. Very hit or miss with me.
You mind pm'ing me your spot? Is it balboa lake by chance??

Sebastian323
06-19-2015, 11:39 PM
I'd love to know as well! Had the itch and tried my luck at the la river. Very hit or miss with me.
You mind pm'ing me your spot? Is it balboa lake by chance??

i was gonna PM the OP , but his inbox is full
and @OP if you dont mind, add me to your mailing list, I wanna know the spot too ;)

madbass
06-20-2015, 08:50 AM
[QUOTE=Sebastian323;765912]i was gonna PM the OP , but his inbox is full
and @OP if you dont mind, add me to your mailing list, I wanna know the spot too ;)[/QUOT

If you're in San Gabriel I'll show my real honey hole where there's smallies :)

hugo c
06-29-2015, 10:11 AM
Yo, Madbass. Enjoy your fishing adventures.

Once every 2 mo. my wife and I visit elderly relatives in San Gabriel. I'm always asking the dude at the tackle shop there about freshwater lakes. But, the shop handles mostly Asian saltwater customers; therefore no intel.

Noticed you mentioned your San Gabriel hot spot. I fish solo and certainly would not over-run it. Could you PM me some info on it? Greatly appreciated. I visited a Peck's Park last year but it was too crowded to fish. Not for me.

Hugo C
Orange County

Sebastian323
06-29-2015, 10:42 PM
[QUOTE=Sebastian323;765912]i was gonna PM the OP , but his inbox is full
and @OP if you dont mind, add me to your mailing list, I wanna know the spot too ;)[/QUOT

I would definetly like to hear about ! I have some guesses as to where it might be.......

PandaXL
07-28-2015, 09:48 AM
I am in San Garbiel, I am a newbie at this, any suggestion or guidance
Thanks