PDA

View Full Version : Help me get an idea!

johnsfishing
10-10-2007, 09:24 PM
Well guys.. I have thought about getting a tube now for a while. I am thinking a fish cat 4. Seems like a great choice.. Also the other things.. Which Waders, breathable? Which Fins? Basically help me get setup, Id like some tips :D :D :D :D :D

thanks for you're opinions in advance. :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

johnsfishing

eldo69
10-10-2007, 09:37 PM
do u gave uo on the boat? well if u get a pontoon with a motor it will be just like u are on ur own little boat lol :lol:
im sure depending on how big u are that is a good tube for u, might want to just go ahead and get a toon cause once everyone rubs the decked out toons in ur have ur gonna drool and want one 2

johnsfishing
10-10-2007, 09:44 PM
do u gave uo on the boat? well if u get a pontoon with a motor it will be just like u are on ur own little boat lol :lol:
im sure depending on how big u are that is a good tube for u, might want to just go ahead and get a toon cause once everyone rubs the decked out toons in ur have ur gonna drool and want one 2

ya gave up on the boat :lol: I have looked at all of the cool toons. I would get a toon, but they are alot heavier. If I put a trolling motor on the I would have to register it :cry: :cry: :cry:

johnsfishing

matt duarte
10-10-2007, 10:53 PM
get a toon dude! trust if you buy a tube you will only want a toon after.. my toon is a ODC 816 and it only weighs 45lbs I pick it up and walk it down to the water at perris all the time... I don't have a trolling motor yet but as of now rowing is no problem its easy and you get a work out

you cover three times as much water on a toon and you have a heck of a lot more space for all the goodies!!

don't get me wrong the fish cat 4 is a great tube.. I have one but I love the toon!

if you get a toon theres no need for waders or fins but you can use the fins and still cover morewater than in a tube.... just check all your options before you buy.. toons start at 150 and up soooo.... it just bepends on how ''extreme'' you want to go mine was 430$ shipped and its rated for rivers with a lifetime waranty

BBL2Baja
10-11-2007, 05:39 AM
Shrug...

I have a tube and haven't even thought about getting a toon. However, I have owned a boat before. So if I ever step back up from a tube, it will be back into a boat.
I've only owned one type of float tube, the Caddis Navigator II. It was recommended to me by someone on the boards and I would pass on that recommendation.

Later,
Scott

matt duarte
10-11-2007, 07:23 AM
ok well if u must geta tube get the fish cat 4 the fish cat has a better design than the caddis line of tubes, the fish cat cuts through the water easier since the rear of it comes to a point instead of just beong round an restricting... on the fish cat you can put a small cooler in the rear of it where the caddis you can't..... both modles have enough room to mount a fish finder socalbassman has a sweet setup on his as well as bassguy...

although a toon is you own personal boat except a hell of a lot more stralth-e-er. what you can fit on a boat you can fit on a toon....like a ice chest, trolling motor, fish finder, anchor, live wells if you want them, a standing deck so you can stand.... the list keeps going and going

well what ever you choose good luck on the buy and hope to see ya on the water sometime soon! good luck bro

BBL2Baja
10-11-2007, 02:54 PM
, the fish cat cuts through the water easier since the rear of it comes to a point instead of just beong round an restricting...

The Navigator II is on pontoons, it is not joined in the back behind the angler. Cuts through the water just fine. The Fishcat is a nice tube as well. They all get you on the water and away from shore, look for your needs and a good price.
I haven't seen a need for a cooler yet though. I can see it if I was tubin' in warmer water where I could rid myself of liquids without filling up my waders. :wink: Normally, I'm trying to stay away from liquids while I'm tubin'.

Good luck!

Later,
Scott

matt duarte
10-11-2007, 03:02 PM
ya i have to beach myself every few hours to shake the dew off the log :lol: but i cant go ftom 6 in the morning till 4 or 5 in the afternoon with out drinking something.... i guess if you just go out for a few hourd you will be good but if you plan on going all day you will wan to wet you wistle

johnsfishing
10-11-2007, 08:43 PM
alright guys...

If I am looking at a FISH CAT 4, a set of BREATHABLE WADERS, and GOOD Fins. How much roughly is that money wise? 250??

thanks

johnsfishing

eldo69
10-11-2007, 09:51 PM
yeah roughly around 250

johnsfishing
10-12-2007, 03:45 PM
thanks guys for the comments!!!! :banana: anything else I should consider?

johnsfishing
10-13-2007, 10:47 PM
is the fish cat 4 DELUXE in ORANGE OR GREEN OR BOTH?????
I would hope it is in ORANGE because thats what I would like!!!!! :banana:

thanks,

johnsfishing

tacklejunkie
10-15-2007, 10:28 AM
I think they only have it in green now (delux with inflatable seats)

Nessie Hunter
10-15-2007, 12:34 PM
is the fish cat 4 DELUXE in ORANGE OR GREEN OR BOTH?????
I would hope it is in ORANGE because thats what I would like!!!!! :banana:

thanks,

johnsfishing

johnsfishing
10-15-2007, 07:04 PM
Its weird that on most of the sites I have been on.. they are using the orange colored deluxe tube on there page. :?

If I were to go look at the fish cat 4 and fish cat 4 deluxe- where would be a good place to go to?? turners? sports authority? big 5? fishermans access? - somewhere near fullerton. thanks

johnsfishing

Big_Mike
10-23-2007, 09:18 AM
I got my tube from big 5 do to the store saying if at any time or reason you have a problume with it being your falt or not you can return it and they will replace it with the same one or equl in price as if you returned it in 10 years. i got a nave II i love it and i also say go breathables all the way and its pricey but worth it i got force fins you pay for what you got but i did not want to pay 50.00 a year in buying new fins these are long lasting fins its almost like 5 kicks and you on the other side of the lake I don't know why every one with a toon thinks there toons are better then the tubes. I went fishing with some friends and one of them has a tube we all went to eat while he set his up and when we got back he was still working on it then we where all in at the same time yeah it was nice being pulled around buy him but i rather fish then have to put in all that work and have to get it reg. and then if you have a car i have no clue how you will get it to the lake my friend had what i call a scooby doo van and he had a hard time getting it in if i was to have a truck i may get one but i like being in the water.

tacklejunkie
10-23-2007, 09:35 AM
My pontoon will fit in my 2 seater honda S2000.. :wink:
Takes 30 minutes to assemble, but then again I don't have to get in the water at all.
Like having a little boat that doesn't require a trailer.

Don't get me wrong, Tubes are cool too! ( I use both!) But there be some common misconceptions about pontoons 8)

The onyl real problem with pontoons is launching solo when you can't drive up to the water,
but you can get launching gear for them to fix that.

No reg req'd for a toon unless you have a motor on it.

johnsfishing
10-23-2007, 03:37 PM
thanks guys for the replies. 8)

johnsfishing