PDA

View Full Version : Former L.A. County Undersheriff Paul Tanaka Indicted

Lady Quagga
05-14-2015, 12:36 PM
Paul Tanaka Indicted, Accused of Obstructing Federal Jail Abuse Probe
Los Angeles Times - By Cindy Chang, Richard Winton and Joel Rubin

Former Los Angeles County Undersheriff Paul Tanaka and a second high-ranking officer in the Sheriff's Department orchestrated a plot to obstruct a federal investigation into excessive force and corruption in the county’s jails, according to a federal grand jury indictment.

The indictment outlines a litany of orders Tanaka and former Capt. William "Tom" Carey allegedly gave in the summer of 2011 to sheriff’s deputies working to conceal from FBI agents the whereabouts of an inmate the FBI was using as an informant.

Tanaka and Carey face charges of conspiracy and obstruction of justice. In addition, Carey is accused of giving false testimony during last year's corruption trials of lower-ranking sheriff's officials.

[...]

The indictments marked the latest chapter in the sweeping federal investigation into the large network of jail facilities run by the Sheriff’s Department. After winning a series of convictions last year in cases against lower-level deputies involved in the effort to thwart the FBI, prosecutors and investigators turned their sights on the upper echelons of Baca's department. Several other deputies are awaiting trial on charges of excessive force and other abuses stemming from beatings of inmates and visitors to the jails.

http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/la-me-ln-la-county-sheriff-corruption-scandal-20150514-story.html#page=1

City Dad
05-14-2015, 01:42 PM
your avatar is a helluva drug

DEVOREFLYER
05-14-2015, 01:46 PM
No surprise to me the "Viking" is going down, now I hope that he roll's over on the scum bag Lee Baca, that would be sweet indeed......

hookdfisherman
05-14-2015, 02:18 PM

Paul Tanaka Indicted, Accused of Obstructing Federal Jail Abuse Probe
Los Angeles Times - By Cindy Chang, Richard Winton and Joel Rubin

Former Los Angeles County Undersheriff Paul Tanaka and a second high-ranking officer in the Sheriff's Department orchestrated a plot to obstruct a federal investigation into excessive force and corruption in the county’s jails, according to a federal grand jury indictment.

The indictment outlines a litany of orders Tanaka and former Capt. William "Tom" Carey allegedly gave in the summer of 2011 to sheriff’s deputies working to conceal from FBI agents the whereabouts of an inmate the FBI was using as an informant.

Tanaka and Carey face charges of conspiracy and obstruction of justice. In addition, Carey is accused of giving false testimony during last year's corruption trials of lower-ranking sheriff's officials.

[...]

The indictments marked the latest chapter in the sweeping federal investigation into the large network of jail facilities run by the Sheriff’s Department. After winning a series of convictions last year in cases against lower-level deputies involved in the effort to thwart the FBI, prosecutors and investigators turned their sights on the upper echelons of Baca's department. Several other deputies are awaiting trial on charges of excessive force and other abuses stemming from beatings of inmates and visitors to the jails.

http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/la-me-ln-la-county-sheriff-corruption-scandal-20150514-story.html#page=1

Power tends to corrupt, and absolute power corrupts absolutely. John Emerich Edward Dalberg Acton, first Baron Acton (1834–1902)

DarkShadow
05-14-2015, 02:28 PM
LA Sheriff?! Corrupt?!

Where was this investigation 10 years ago when the same LA Sheriff being labeled as corrupt?

Perhaps it's a good thing that Democrats get elected into office.

old pudd fisher
05-14-2015, 09:26 PM
your avatar is a helluva drug I hate it !! Very stressful.

Brent
05-18-2015, 09:56 AM
your avatar is a helluva drug

He's rich beeeeeatch!
He's Rick James!