PDA

View Full Version : mon recon

TroutOnly
05-12-2015, 08:28 AM
finally with a break in the weather and screwed up work calendar ,I got to go back to the lake. went straight to last weeks hot area . started the troll and watching for surface action. the shad were up but out in open water being chased not slammed on the shore like the week before. the troll was pretty steady ,steady enough I had to start the c and r so I wouldn't limit out too fast .I had the whole area to myself for the first two hours until all the bass boats started rolling in making too much noise , the bite slowed as the stripers dropped away from the surface and the boat action.so I moved out of the area for a real recon lap on the lake found spread out schools almost everywhere ,the stripeys are in full spawning right now. the four bigger ones I kept from the troll were all females with ripe for spawning eggs and ready to explode. finally I found a shallow water area loaded with stripers chasing shad schools ,I had a few crawlers on the boat so I stopped and dropped anchor in 30 ft of water and did a little bait fishing ,I caught 3 smaller schoolies with the worms and had a lot of hits , I wished I had brought sardines but oh well. It was nice not having to pull up a lot of rope on the anchors ,the day was going away and I got a nice day on the lake and a great look and the conditions of late.................
http://i403.photobucket.com/albums/pp113/troutonly/05112015_0820_zpse3iaydyq.jpg (http://s403.photobucket.com/user/troutonly/media/05112015_0820_zpse3iaydyq.jpg.html)

Bassfan
05-12-2015, 10:51 AM
Nice report Bob.
The water level is up 5-10 ft in the last couple weeks and if they drop those eggs in the current we might get a new batch of little stripers.

Stumpknocker
05-12-2015, 03:15 PM
Thanks for the report T/O...quality fish as usual for you...good to hear they're making more...

TroutOnly
05-12-2015, 03:42 PM
two Mondays in a row jim ,water was flowing in..........these fish and the ones from the pyramid are fat with either spooge or eggs from wanting to spawn the water temp is great from that ,not many shad in there bellies.............

loweboat
05-13-2015, 11:38 AM
two Mondays in a row jim ,water was flowing in..........these fish and the ones from the pyramid are fat with either spooge or eggs from wanting to spawn the water temp is great from that ,not many shad in there bellies.............

Educate me, OH GREAT FISHERMAN!
I trolled the entire lake, no hits on Tuesday.
I spoke with other fisherman, who also got skunked.

Before fishing I received a ride on a beautifully restored 1957 Mahoney Chris Craft.

Oh well, I'll settle for the Dodger game today.

Any help will be much appreciated.

flyhigh123
05-13-2015, 06:10 PM
Educate me, OH GREAT FISHERMAN!
I trolled the entire lake, no hits on Tuesday.
I spoke with other fisherman, who also got skunked.

Before fishing I received a ride on a beautifully restored 1957 Mahoney Chris Craft.

Oh well, I'll settle for the Dodger game today.

Any help will be much appreciated.

Book a guide trip with to. Best money ever spent and you will be catching fish every trip thereafter

catchingsomefish
05-13-2015, 10:50 PM
Nice job on the stripers Bob, glad you were able to get in some R & R between jobs!...............Dave

P.A.W.
05-14-2015, 07:25 PM
Book a guide trip with to. Best money ever spent and you will be catching fish every trip thereafter

Truth! You'll also meet a good guy.

lowe
05-14-2015, 07:36 PM
Nice report Bob

TroutOnly
05-16-2015, 09:55 PM
sorry loweboat you guys aren't me ,there are reasons I catch.........and im a giants fan ,winners like winners............jim knows so does pat and ryan and mr lowe..........dan went out with me with ron the fishin-one.....ron payed attention and learned some of my game ......dan wants to break the rules to the game that's how and why the skunk shows up............

loweboat
05-16-2015, 10:35 PM
sorry loweboat you guys aren't me ,there are reasons I catch.........and im a giants fan ,winners like winners............jim knows so does pat and ryan and mr lowe..........dan went out with me with ron the fishin-one.....ron payed attention and learned some of my game ......dan wants to break the rules to the game that's how and why the skunk shows up............

I guess I'm old (62) and on my way to early senility.
I did go to a Giants game up in San Francisco about a month ago.
But you're right I don't always side with the strong or "winners."
I marched on May Day for Immigrants Rights in Los Angeles.
I collect and take food to the food banks.
So you're right, I don't hang with the winners. But I support the poor trying to provide for their families.
That's why I spent 30 years as a registered nurse. It's in my soul.
Peace, MY FRIEND
DAN
All I asked for is a little advice from a person I have always and continue to highly respect and consider a FRIEND!!!

TroutOnly
05-17-2015, 09:58 AM
I know what you do with the fish dan, how many times have I given you fish for them ,youre a good soul for just being you............