PDA

View Full Version : Shore sight fishing in Cleghorn

a321alec
05-10-2015, 12:49 PM
Went out to Silverwood this morning at about 7. The wind didn't pick up until about 9:30 so it was nice out there. I went in optimistic and it ended up well! Got 6 bass in 3 hours all sight fishing on beds. I threw the spro 6" slow sink and had tons of chasers, but none would commit. But that didn't stop me from catching fish! I dropped that sucker on top of beds and it produced really well. Overall, good day.46210

Viejo
05-10-2015, 07:04 PM
Looks good. I'm taking the bass boat to Silverwood tomorrow. I know where to start in the morning.

parkermann2
05-10-2015, 08:50 PM
There's a lot of catfish around right now. I was throwing a slide swimmer on the dam last night and I hooked into what I thought was a big striper at first. Then it felt pretty weird and it ended up being a catfish I snagged in the tail. One guy that was fishing on the dam with chicken liver said he caught a good amount of catfish.

That was my first time at the wood in about a month does anyone know if the striper have been around lately?

Viejo
05-11-2015, 09:00 PM
Went out today and caught my first Catfish and three Carp in Cleghorn beyond the buoys. Both species caught on flies. Carpilisous and a wooly bugger for the cat.

fish4keep
05-12-2015, 05:48 AM
hows the water level?

basstard2013
05-12-2015, 10:01 AM
Went to the dam last night and caught a couple striper on a rattle trap

jrip
05-20-2015, 01:17 PM
First time fishing Silverwood. I launched the yak about 7:30. No luck with crawler or cut bait. The water is clear and big l.m.b. visible. I'll throw more hard bait next time. Skunk
Water level is excellent.

avraider
06-06-2015, 06:04 PM
Going with the family and friends next weekend camping. Does anyone have like a fishing map of silverwood showing good shore areas for the various species there? Also, any fishing tips for the lake would be appreciated as well.

RTG
06-06-2015, 09:33 PM
Going with the family and friends next weekend camping. Does anyone have like a fishing map of silverwood showing good shore areas for the various species there? Also, any fishing tips for the lake would be appreciated as well.
Largemouth bass are acting picky. Some guys are catching a few. But it's a tough bite. If you have casual anglers and kids, just get anchovies or sardines (the fresher the better) and fish the inlet, or Chamise area. Don't use the 'chovies whole. Cut them into 3 or 4 pieces. And don't chum!
You can also use lugworms. They work great, but are expensive. And they bite! But the stripers and cats love 'em.