PDA

View Full Version : Late post from 4/30/15 Marina Del Rey 2 fish (video link)

troutmastahh
05-10-2015, 11:36 AM
Headed out to the Marina that morning to meet up with a friend of mine around 10:30am. Caught some live smelt in the canal that runs between the houses on via marina. Thats where my friend landed the first fish of the day. A short Halibut. We stayed there till about 12 and decided to hit the main channel just behind us and at about 1pm. Still using the live smelt i got a nice hit right where the water gate to the canal is.. i missed the bite and all i had left was a smelt that looked like it had been smashed with a hammer. I decided to rehook him to where he was folded like a lawn chair. I threw him back out...and POW :Big Grin: the video tells it all. https://youtu.be/IPorpWZB6Kk First fish is as soon as the video starts 2nd one is at 2:07 thanks for taking the time to read and view. tight lines! Also i fish the marina almost every weekday in the late mornings for a couple hours before i start work at 2 if anyone wants to meet up. till next time yall. :Wink:

bones
05-10-2015, 02:51 PM
Nice little vid. The canal always holds bay smelt. If you time it right on the outgoing tide after a decent high tide the water empties into MDR like a little river and there can be all kinds of predators laying there waiting for a meal to be dropped right in front of their faces. I've caught quite a few spotties there as well. during the right time of year the MDR barracuda hang out there like a pack of wolves too.
That turd roller had some shoulders on it for sure. Kinda surprised that there was a flattie on the channel side of the bridge though.

Frankenfish
05-11-2015, 03:33 PM
Nice fish....kudos on releasing it. I trip out on the lady who wants to know if you can cut it up for bait to catch other fish...lol...if you cut it up for bait you'd probably catch more lizardfish or smelt...which you could use for bait to catch another sandbass or spottie for bait...

fish4life
05-12-2015, 12:30 AM
Way to go on the fatty barred sand bass. Hmm I am unfamiliar with that first spot you guys were fishing and I did not know you could fish on that side of the jetty. Oh and if you catch some fat lizard fish bring a live well and put those suckers on a dropper loop for some big ole Halibuts. Word of caution might want to bring heavier gear if your targetting hali's. Nice Vid :)

bachiboy
05-12-2015, 11:49 AM
Nice chunky turd roller and great vid!:Wink:

catfishkid1
05-15-2015, 09:30 AM
Nice catch on the sandbass......keep up the good work!!

troutmastahh
05-15-2015, 09:53 AM
Thanks everyone the last few times going out havent been too productive just one massive lizard fish is all i managed to get with a swim bait. Hopefully ill get some good footage next time.

CrouchingNinjaHiddenFish
05-19-2015, 03:53 PM
nice job man, gotta check that out lol :)