PDA

View Full Version : Lake skinner fee change

Askwhy
05-06-2015, 03:30 PM
We'll can't say I didn't know the day would come for a price increase but I think the people at skinner went a little bit overboard ( no pun intended ) going up 50 % from 4 to 8 dollars seems a bit much.
Here is the best part prior to the increase it would cost 6 dollars per car despite the amount of people inside , now it's going to cost you 6 dollars for each adult plus 3 dollars per each child so a family of 5 taking the family to skinner for the day will now pay 75 % more.
The only bright side to this if your looking at it from a positive angle is that the people that can afford and that are willing to pay those crazy prices will have the park to themselves as I'm sure over time less and less people will fork out that kind of money .
As for fishing it most likely won't change much other than them getting more of our hard earned cash.

Harley51
05-06-2015, 04:32 PM
Well right now the camp ground is totally booked until the week of June 11 2015.

HawgZWylde
05-06-2015, 04:47 PM
Well right now the camp ground is totally booked until the week of June 11 2015.

The balloon and wine festival is coming up at the end of the month, lots of preparations are taking place now and then they have to tear it all down...

Askwhy
05-06-2015, 04:52 PM

Of course it's booked , you don't think these people made there reservations yesterday do you .
These reservations were made prior to the increase time will tell how the increase will or will not impact the campsite.
Oh and Pat you can send the equity check to me.

Harley51
05-06-2015, 08:11 PM
Pat your still going to deliver free cookies right?

Askwhy
05-07-2015, 05:56 PM

Word has it that if you already had a yearly pass those will still be honored until they expire then they will take you to the cleaners after that lol .

Big-Bob
05-07-2015, 07:19 PM
I don't think the price change is that big of a deal. As far as I know it is still the cheapest lake to fish.

Hopefully it will shorten the line and not have as much boat traffic.

Sure beats spending $150 to fish vail.

etucker1959
05-07-2015, 08:09 PM
I don't fish Perris, Skinner or DVL so I had no idea what they charged to go fishing. So I read this thread expecting to learn something new. Well I did, I need to give myself a new nickname, "Diamond Jim Brady fishermen exolant." lol

P.A.W.
05-08-2015, 07:25 AM

Should have been there Thursday 5/7. She made those almond cookies you get at the Chinese restaurant.

Harley51
05-08-2015, 04:44 PM
What use to cost me for a Sunday to Friday trip $197.00. Now is going to cost $239.00. $8.00 more a day not all that bad. The new rates are comparable to other lakes. Skinner is still a nice place to spend a week camping and fishing. Pat I will take you up on those cookies your delivering to the Buoy line. Just waiting for the new camper to be built. Should be done around June. See you soon.

BassinPLS
05-09-2015, 05:54 AM
Being retired and living on SS and very little extra from a rod building business makes the fee increase pretty hard to swallow. My boat sits in the garage for longer periods of time. I remember the good old days when fishing was free!

Stalker Of Fish
05-12-2015, 11:47 PM
How about the fishing and boat launch fees? Can we expect a fleecing for those fees as well? What prompted such a rate hike anyways all of a sudden? . That sure IS a rather large bump up.

etucker1959
05-13-2015, 08:06 AM
When they raise fees, what do you think the reason is WHY they do that??? I'll give you several choices and you pick the one you like best.

A. To cover expenses to keep the lake in pristine condition.

B. Some corrupt official is going to skim the additional money for his own personal use.

C. They will send the additional money back to the state, so there doesn't need to be any additional tax hikes on the general public.

D. To pay for the high speed train.

E. None of the above.

BassinPLS
05-13-2015, 08:21 AM
When they raise fees, what do you think the reason is WHY they do that??? I'll give you several choices and you pick the one you like best.

A. To cover expenses to keep the lake in pristine condition.

B. Some corrupt official is going to skim the additional money for his own personal use.

C. They will send the additional money back to the state, so there doesn't need to be any additional tax hikes on the general public.

D. To pay for the high speed train.

E. None of the above.

etucker1959,

I would add one more choice to the above list: F. Because they can get away with it due to the closure of DVL! Supply & Demand always prevails!

Askwhy
05-13-2015, 03:02 PM
etucker1959,

I would add one more choice to the above list: F. Because they can get away with it due to the closure of DVL! Supply & Demand always prevails!

I like letter F.