PDA

View Full Version : Church pond.

bendopolo2004
05-06-2015, 11:02 AM
Had a hankering' for some full moon madness. Got together with my friend Keith and we drove down to Church pond in the Laguna Hills. I have fished this place for over forty years. It has always had a fair population of small but willing bass, perfect for a mid-night tube session. In the last ten years the place went commando and a few times we got kicked out by private security and once by the police. Always nice and apologetic, we were not issued tickets or anything and just told to leave. When asked why we were told that this was a polluted waterway and the city didn't want us to be there. OK, but still a public waterway and had a lot of fish so we would come back from time to time to get a bite close by home. Kind of get my Flipping' on. Now there bad news. Not a bite, not a fish, not a wiggle in the water. Flipped the tules, threw topwater, Senkos, and a few other methods for not a nothin'. Lake had oily film on it and if you kicked up some bottom mud it stunk worse than I have ever smelled. The complete lack of fish, minnows, birds and a very few frogs leads me to believe this lake has been poisoned. This lake has produced bass since I was little every year, it seems to be spring fed, as water flows out but has no water coming in. Far from polluted this water was rich rich in fish and wildlife. The Church people next door to the pond had become increasingly vocal about the fishermen in "their' pond. Can't
say for sure but I believe somebody overstepped their hatred of us fishermen and decided to do something once and for all. The death of another local pond. Such a shame.

Viejo
05-06-2015, 11:57 AM
Can't imagine why someone wouldn't want you fishing on City property in the middle of the night......The normal reasons people don't want the public fishing near their homes is the filth that is left behind after their commando raids like bait boxes, balls of monofiliment, plastic bags from am/pm, human waste deposited with Charmin lilies and whatever was being drunk and eaten for snacks that session...

As far as poisoning the lake....make a call to city hall and ask to talk with the environmental folks. They'll tell you what, if anything, was put into the water.

seal
05-06-2015, 12:45 PM
I just don't get your logic bendopolo.

DarkShadow
05-06-2015, 03:23 PM
I thought the first rule of Fight Club is that you do not talk about Fight Club?

Stray Cat
05-06-2015, 03:47 PM
I thought the first rule of Fight Club is that you do not talk about Fight Club?

I could not agree more.

seal
05-06-2015, 04:17 PM

Which would be possibly a reason why they clamped down and had private security. Same story for all the guys fishing off limits areas at other lakes, word gets out, things get out of control, patrols and busts increase.

DarkShadow
05-06-2015, 04:35 PM
Which would be possibly a reason why they clamped down and had private security. Same story for all the guys fishing off limits areas at other lakes, word gets out, things get out of control, patrols and busts increase.

So how am i supposed to share my exploits and bounty that I pillaged if I don't share it on the Internet?

bendopolo2004
05-07-2015, 06:47 AM
Logic is now that they wasted another OC pond we can talk about it....

bassnet
05-10-2015, 07:21 PM
Weird, I walked down the slope to the church pond last night and a nice chunk ate the Hula Popper...

KILLA
05-21-2015, 05:39 PM
WOW, well if it didn't have a fish kill off, you would of just started the frenzy! Lame

bendopolo2004
05-21-2015, 05:43 PM
Nice. I threw several topwaters. As you could see, with all the patches of moss that looked like the way to go. Maybe it was just the conditions that night. Did you see a thousand people there , shoulder to shoulder. Probably not. And the Private security is from the Commercial property adjacent to the pond. No real zing. Anyway I am fishing much more productive waters lately....