PDA

View Full Version : lake skinner fee change

Adrenrush
05-05-2015, 11:18 AM
Went last Friday and fees changed. I bought my annual launch and fishing pass during February. Anyone know if we are gonna get refund or is there a discount? Thanks in advance.

seal
05-05-2015, 11:21 AM
That's pretty funny right there! They'd have to refund everybody's annual pass, I think you are poop out of luck on that one.

youronecastshort
05-05-2015, 01:11 PM
When you have a line like they do now it was just a matter of time

P.A.W.
05-05-2015, 01:45 PM
Yup, with DVL closed they have you right where they want you. Still, for $8 (with the pass) it's a bargain. IMO

Adrenrush
05-05-2015, 05:27 PM
Yup, with DVL closed they have you right where they want you. Still, for $8 (with the pass) it's a bargain. IMO

Yes $8 is not bad. Plus I'm 10 minutes away. I feel cheated out of 100$. Thanks for reply.

Big-Bob
05-05-2015, 07:00 PM
The price changes are ridiculous! I think everyone should boycott Skinner and start going to Perris.

After all I hear the fishing is a lot better at Perris than it is at Skinner.

DEVOREFLYER
05-05-2015, 07:05 PM
The price changes are ridiculous! I think everyone should boycott Skinner and start going to Perris.

After all I hear the fishing is a lot better at Perris than it is at Skinner.

And the speed limit is higher......VROOOOOOOOOM!!!!!:Envious:

etucker1959
05-05-2015, 07:15 PM
By the way everybody, how is the crowd at Skinner since DVL closed???????

chompot
05-05-2015, 07:52 PM
I'm sure they have "prices subject to change without notice" posted somewhere.

But generally when prices change I expect a phone call and refund (or charge) for the difference.

Last week Levi's called me to send me $20 because my jeans went on sale that I bought last year. I thought that was so nice... BUT then Ford called and said they were going to bill me for a 2015 F 250 since I have an '04... I was kind of bummed, but rules are rules ya know!

P.A.W.
05-06-2015, 06:07 AM
I bought my home for cash about 2005 at the top of the bubble. It has gone down by quite a bit. Someone owes me about $100,000. Whom do I call for my refund? If it goes back up in value to whom do I send my equity check? Re: Skinner.... how can you figure a refund amount? Those of us who bought passes are still paying less than those who don't have them.
Chompot I was there Tues and at 9:30 am there were 15 trailers in the lot. Remember this was a weekday and the fishing has been rather slow of late. Before DVL closing there would have been 6 or 7 at most on a drizzly mid-week day. I was seeing a fair number of larger boats stripping flies. These were almost certainly DVL transplants as I am there a few days a week and didn't recognize them. The real test will come when the shad and stripers finish spawning and come out to play.

NFCD I
05-06-2015, 09:43 AM
I've lived in 5 states in this wonderful country of ours. California is the only state that not only charges a daily fee to fish, it's the only state that restricts the time of day I can fish. I fish Skinner approximately 50 days a year. With the new fee of $8.00, along with my annual fee, it costs me approximately $550.00. If you add gas for the boat and truck, my cost escalates to approximately $1,350.00. I'm very thankful that I can afford it, but how many people each day don't go fishing because of the cost.

chompot
05-06-2015, 09:18 PM
I'm very thankful that I can afford it, but how many people each day don't go fishing because of the cost.

A lot..... but that is what credit cards are for.... right?

I have heard the same thing from others. Other states it is all free.