PDA

View Full Version : Looking for people who'd like to camp around Imperial county

smokehound
05-01-2015, 04:26 AM
As you all may know, i recently took a career path in collecting and selling arachnids and insects.

I'm trying to make it to the desert.. I can pitch in on gas, and provide food, snacks, water, beer, bait, drinks, etc.

Fishing is possible in this area, as the all american canal is within the vicinity of my hunting grounds. There are stripers and flathead cats in this canal, large stripers arent too common there, but schoolies tend to be abundant, as that area get intensely hot and few people will drive 200 miles for them :P. keep in mind it's considered the most dangerous body of water in the entire country, so dont fall in!

As this canal is a tributary of the colorado river, live goldfish and tilapia may be used as bait, there are numerous canals full of them, easily rigged up with sabikis tipped with chunks of nightcrawler.

My target area is Ogilby Rd, east of the Imperial sand dunes, I have GPS coordinates to my target areas I'm hoping for a two-night trip, my hunting will be primarily during night, however I do need access to microphyll woodland to collect Asbolus verrucosus, which are crepuscular and prefer to be active during the morning. Be advised this is very close to the mexico border, so if you're very ethnic looking, you'll probably be stopped, :P Fortunately youll have a nerdy ginger decoy there bahaha.

I do not have a tent, although it's not going to get cold, it will be desired during the daytime to prevent exposure.