PDA

View Full Version : Help

scottfishes
04-28-2015, 08:28 AM
I recently acquired a 1991 nitro 180...... bitchin boat only problem is it sat for 16 years uncovered under a few trees. Our lovely varmint friends made a home out of the whole boat. I am in the process of restoring it and have all the carpet removed, seats removed and so on. What is the best solution to remove the piss smell from everything? I'm thinking bleach but want to make sure I wont damage the fiberglass if I pour a bunch in and let it sit for a couple days. Also, where is the best place to get new seat foam and covers?? Cant wait to have this thing done!!

shinbob
04-28-2015, 08:38 AM
I'm thinking bleach but want to make sure I wont damage the fiberglass if I pour a bunch in and let it sit for a couple days.

Bleach is pretty corrosive, so I'd be more worried about the metal than the fiberglass. Maybe try Nature's Miracle? I use it for our cat litter area and it seems to work okay.

gogreeenz4
04-28-2015, 01:05 PM
simple green

DEVOREFLYER
04-28-2015, 01:18 PM
Use a power washer with an all purpose cleaning solution. It's as easy as it gets.

dpaulus9
04-29-2015, 03:02 PM
dont know where you live..you can try bass pro shops in rancho cucamongo

scottfishes
04-30-2015, 07:17 AM
Thanks guys, I think I have most of the smell gone. I will now start the days of scrubbing before I start to trace wiring found a few wires that have been chewed. Hoping to have wiring done and start to install new carpet before the end of may.

flyhigh123
04-30-2015, 11:18 AM
i would rip out all the wiring and just rewire everything. most likely the wires have been chewed on and you dont want to have to fix it later. Rats chew everything.

scottfishes
05-01-2015, 01:34 PM
Yeah I'm almost to the point of that I think a couple more scrub downs and trips to the spray and wash and I will be ready!!!! then I can put on my hazmat suit and lay on the floor to get a good look lol.