PDA

View Full Version : Congress gives away 30 Billion dollars!!!!!

etucker1959
04-27-2015, 09:19 AM
I know there is a lot of build up angst on here by the sultry responses given on other threads. So let's try a topic that is straight political. It's probably safe to say when the Presidential election comes up the majority of you will get behind the Republican candidate. If he were to win, what kind of bills would congress pass and the President would sign?????? I know many of you have expressed your displeasure with the state spending 60 Billion dollars on a high speed train. So how do you feel when Congress gives away 30 Billion dollars in revenue and get's nothing in return!!!! At least with the high speed train, "well we at least get a train!!!!!" lol

What I'm talking about is repealing the inheritance tax for Millionaires and Billionaires!!!! That to the tune of 30 Billion dollars which only effects 5,000 people. Yep you heard it straight 5,000 people!!!!!!!!! If that's not a repayment to all the wealthy donors to the Republican candidates, "I don't know what is!!!!!" There will only be a lot more of that type of thing in years to come!!!! Passing laws that favor the super rich donors, yet the little people will keep voting for these guys. The strange thing is, what do these same candidates promise to do to help the little guy???? Why only cut their entitlements!!!!!! That makes a lot of sense!!!!! Vote for people, who in turn who will vote against your own self interest!!!! Yet the super rich donors, EXPECT to get something back for their money they invest in their candidates!!!!!! Keep voting Republican and tell me what the working man is going to gain by doing that??????

City Dad
04-27-2015, 09:33 AM
Whig party about to make some major inroads

HawgZWylde
04-27-2015, 09:37 AM
Why would you consider earned money that's already possessed by a family and has already been subjected to income and capital gains taxes an entitlement? And how does a family's earned money affect the working man? And why is the working man entitled to some one Else's earned money? Basically, why is anybody entitled to anyone's money?

A woman is born and raised on a horse ranch that has been in the family for over a hundred and fifety years, the parents die and leave the ranch to their daughter. The daughter has no money to pay the inheritance tax and is forced to sell the ranch thus the family's legacy, home and hard work is lost. Why is that fair?

BTW, one more question. How is congress giving away money that is not theirs to begin with?

HawgZWylde
04-27-2015, 09:46 AM
Whig party about to make some major inroads

Quagga mentioned the MWP a couple of years ago but seems to have forgotten about it...

Brent
04-27-2015, 10:12 AM
Someone please go back and look at the taxation rates imposed after WWII and then get back to me. The 'good ole days' were only good because they taxed the crap out of the rich to rebuild our nation and slowly the rich have become more powerful and in favor and are now taking it all back. Once they're done taking it all back and then the working class gets milked out of everything they have. Then what? If history should be repeated again, then a revolution of some sort would be in order. Then the rich will be wiped out anyway. Why not tax them accordingly and not cause the entire system to collapse so they can keep their "billions". I mean good grief, how much money do you really need?
I'm not talking about taking it and 'giving' it away to 'lazy' people. Just putting our country to work rebuilding all of our infrastructure and how about free education through college for anyone who would like to get educated? Don't you think that may help with the "lazy" leeches they're so worried about. Oh. that's right, then they're kids would have to compete with smarter and hungrier kids than they do now. Ooops, my bad.

Lady Quagga
04-27-2015, 10:37 AM
Quagga mentioned the MWP a couple of years ago but seems to have forgotten about it...

I've forgotten nothing (http://fishingnetwork.net/forum4/showthread.php?81988-Remember-this&p=747552#post747552).

DEVOREFLYER
04-27-2015, 11:50 AM
The sad fact of the matter on taxes is you are being screwed by the government (Federal. State, Local) regardless of your income level. During my lifetime a number of “Tax Reforms” have been passed, most claiming a reduction of taxes while eliminating tax breaks. When you finally do the math it seems the government is always the winner and the taxpayer is always the loser. Once upon a time all interest on debt (All credit card interest, auto and loan finance charges) was a tax deductable item. And then there was the 3 year income averaging for those that had an above or below income event during 3 years (loss of job or large onetime bonus etc.).

If you took the time to examine all of the hidden and sometimes not hidden taxes and fees on everything in your everyday life you would choke. Look at all of the fees and taxes on any utility bill as an example.

And because this is a fishing web site my guess is most of you don’t know of the fishing equipment tax that is paid by manufacturers/importers of the fishing equipment we purchase. And the tax is on “Gross Sales” not on profit.

Sport Fishing Equipment
A tax of 10% of the sale price is imposed on
many articles of sport fishing equipment sold by
the manufacturer. This includes any parts or ac-
cessories sold on or in connection with the sale
of those articles.
Pay this tax with Form 720. No tax deposits
are required.

Sport fishing equipment includes all the fol-
lowing items.
Fishing rods and poles (and component
parts), fishing reels, fly fishing lines, and
other fishing lines not over 130 pounds
test, fishing spears, spear guns, and spear
tips.

Items of terminal tackle, including leaders,
artificial lures, artificial baits, artificial flies,
fishing hooks, bobbers, sinkers, snaps,
drayles, and swivels (but not including nat-
ural bait or any item of terminal tackle de-
signed for use and ordinarily used on fish-
ing lines not described in (1)).

The following items of fishing supplies and
accessories: fish stringers, creels, bags,
baskets, and other containers designed to
hold fish, portable bait containers, fishing
vests, landing nets, gaff hooks, fishing
hook disgorgers, and dressing for fishing
lines and artificial flies.

Fishing tip-ups and tilts.

Fishing rod belts, fishing rodholders, fish-
ing harnesses, fish fighting chairs, fishing
outriggers, and fishing downriggers.

See Revenue Ruling 88-52 in Cumulative Bulle-
tin 1988-1 for a more complete description of
the items of taxable equipment.

Fishing rods and fishing poles.
The tax on
fishing rods and fishing poles (and component
parts) is 10% of the sales price not to exceed
$10 per article. The tax is paid by the manufac-
turer, producer, or importer.

Fishing tackle boxes.
The tax on fishing
tackle boxes is 3% of the sales price. The tax is
paid by the manufacturer, producer, or importer.

Electric outboard boat motors.
A tax of 3%
of the sale price is imposed on the sale by the
manufacturer of electric outboard motors. This
includes any parts or accessories sold on or in
connection with the sale of those articles.

twin22s
04-27-2015, 01:16 PM
I agree with the argument that the money being handed down from one generation to the next, which has already been taxed when it was earned, and will be taxed when in is spent, should not be taxed when it is inherited. on another note about wasted money, forget the bullet train idea how about expanding the aqueduct and reservoir systems so that we can provide water to the people of California. I'm sure the Bako and AV guys would love to see that happen.

HawgZWylde
04-27-2015, 01:23 PM
I've forgotten nothing (http://fishingnetwork.net/forum4/showthread.php?81988-Remember-this&p=747552#post747552).

Why LQ, I'm flattered that you would dress yourself in my clothes!!! Great to know I'm thoroughly in your head honey...

***By the way, that link you provide to a past thread? Interesting because that's not the response you initially gave. What's interesting is how you are able to change the post without the "reason for editing" tab at the bottom. You do this a lot...

Stormcrow
04-27-2015, 01:26 PM

Ohhhh...thanks quagga, there is my proof you asked for from the other thread....HA! ******* troll

Lady Quagga
04-27-2015, 04:08 PM
Why LQ, I'm flattered that you would dress yourself in my clothes!!! Great to know I'm thoroughly in your head honey...

Whatever do you mean? My avatar reflects your obsession, not mine.

***By the way, that link you provide to a past thread? Interesting because that's not the response you initially gave. What's interesting is how you are able to change the post without the "reason for editing" tab at the bottom. You do this a lot...

I've made no changes to that post (http://fishingnetwork.net/forum4/showthread.php?81988-Remember-this&p=747552#post747552). Furthermore, my views on the Whigs have not changed since I made it. Your allegation that I made a change to that post without the "reason for editing" notice appearing is false, but let's assume for a moment that it's true - what exactly are you suggesting?

Ohhhh...thanks quagga, there is my proof you asked for from the other thread....HA! ******* troll

You have have proof of nothing. Perhaps you should curb your afternoon alcohol intake.

cutbait
04-27-2015, 04:40 PM
I know there is a lot of build up angst on here by the sultry responses given on other threads. So let's try a topic that is straight political. It's probably safe to say when the Presidential election comes up the majority of you will get behind the Republican candidate. If he were to win, what kind of bills would congress pass and the President would sign?????? I know many of you have expressed your displeasure with the state spending 60 Billion dollars on a high speed train. So how do you feel when Congress gives away 30 Billion dollars in revenue and get's nothing in return!!!! At least with the high speed train, "well we at least get a train!!!!!" lol

What I'm talking about is repealing the inheritance tax for Millionaires and Billionaires!!!! That to the tune of 30 Billion dollars which only effects 5,000 people. Yep you heard it straight 5,000 people!!!!!!!!! If that's not a repayment to all the wealthy donors to the Republican candidates, "I don't know what is!!!!!" There will only be a lot more of that type of thing in years to come!!!! Passing laws that favor the super rich donors, yet the little people will keep voting for these guys. The strange thing is, what do these same candidates promise to do to help the little guy???? Why only cut their entitlements!!!!!! That makes a lot of sense!!!!! Vote for people, who in turn who will vote against your own self interest!!!! Yet the super rich donors, EXPECT to get something back for their money they invest in their candidates!!!!!! Keep voting Republican and tell me what the working man is going to gain by doing that??????

You say "only 5000" as to justify taxing heavily another group of Americans your pretty ****** up.

Is 30 Billion a significant number to you as far as effecting the economy?

DarkShadow
04-27-2015, 04:54 PM
I don't like when the rich get taxed.

Every God fearing American knows that they trickle down their wealth down to the middle class.

DockRat
04-27-2015, 06:29 PM

LQ that new avatar is funny.
http://i604.photobucket.com/albums/tt126/FinALCLOudXSTRifE/hahahaha.gif (http://media.photobucket.com/user/FinALCLOudXSTRifE/media/hahahaha.gif.html)

DockRat
04-27-2015, 06:41 PM
Sorry Hawgz but LQ is pretty good at getting under your skin.

http://i444.photobucket.com/albums/qq165/junah42/Troll/258Troll_spray.jpg (http://media.photobucket.com/user/junah42/media/Troll/258Troll_spray.jpg.html)

HawgZWylde
04-27-2015, 07:02 PM
Sorry Hawgz but LQ is pretty good at getting under your skin.

http://i444.photobucket.com/albums/qq165/junah42/Troll/258Troll_spray.jpg (http://media.photobucket.com/user/junah42/media/Troll/258Troll_spray.jpg.html)

LMAO!!!

Sorry DR but you couldn't be more wrong. That troll isn't used to getting it thrown back in her face. She's really quite childish in her manor as her hijacking of my avatar pic shows. A high school mentality in old body. What kind of mentality do you think it takes for someone to hide behind a keyboard in anonymity and talk s**t? A troll is just that, a troll and not to be taken seriously, and away from this board, and even on it, I don't...

Stinkbait
04-27-2015, 07:03 PM
There is one very rare example of an inheritance that was never taxed. Heard it discussed on a political show by a progressive.

The example was the owner of facebook. He, in the beginning, was issued a couple hundred thousand ( or another large number) shares of his own companies stock. At the time worth pennies. Now worth billions. He cashes in a tiny bit here and there and pays taxes on that. His heirs get it all. It is worth so much that they simply live off the interest and are taxed on that only.

So you have the initial growth from a few hundred bucks to many many billions, which will never be fully taxed, just little pieces. This is a very rare and unique case. This is an example of one of the 5000 people mentioned above and the inheritance tax.

DockRat
04-27-2015, 07:14 PM
Roof Koreans for hire. Much success during L.A. Riots, no looters at our stores. Added bonus: can't be accused of racism, especially if violent mobs are fired upon. Will provide own ammo, but will charge extra for any rounds spent.

http://baltimore.craigslist.org/sks/4999167005.html

etucker1959
04-27-2015, 09:27 PM
You say "only 5000" as to justify taxing heavily another group of Americans your pretty ****** up.

Is 30 Billion a significant number to you as far as effecting the economy?
One of the many points I was trying to make is how to balance a budget. You can only balance a budget one or two ways or a combination of the two. 1. INCREASE YOUR REVENUE!!!! 2. REDUCE YOUR SPENDING!!!!! OR 3. A combination of one and two. The problem is the Republicans only believe in number 2. REDUCE YOUR SPENDING!!! So the $30 Billion dollars they just gave away is just another example of the Republicans doing F up Math!!!!!! They not only do not want EVER to raise revenue, they always want to cut revenue by cutting tax's. So if you were trying to balance the budget, you must now make another 30 Billion in CUTS!!!!! So why don't you tell us, "WHICH program would you now CUT to make up for that lost 30 Billion dollars???????"

Lady Quagga
04-27-2015, 09:28 PM
Sorry DR but you couldn't be more wrong. That troll isn't used to getting it thrown back in her face. She's really quite childish in her manor as her hijacking of my avatar pic shows. A high school mentality in old body. What kind of mentality do you think it takes for someone to hide behind a keyboard in anonymity and talk s**t? A troll is just that, a troll and not to be taken seriously, and away from this board, and even on it, I don't...

http://i286.photobucket.com/albums/ll82/shemaro91/crying-baby.jpg

Hey Hawggy, once you're done blubbering, do you care to address the following?

I've made no changes to that post (http://fishingnetwork.net/forum4/showthread.php?81988-Remember-this&p=747552#post747552). Furthermore, my views on the Whigs have not changed since I made it. Your allegation that I made a change to that post without the "reason for editing" notice appearing is false, but let's assume for a moment that it's true - what exactly are you suggesting?

etucker1959
04-27-2015, 10:33 PM
Why would you consider earned money that's already possessed by a family and has already been subjected to income and capital gains taxes an entitlement? And how does a family's earned money affect the working man? And why is the working man entitled to some one Else's earned money? Basically, why is anybody entitled to anyone's money?

A woman is born and raised on a horse ranch that has been in the family for over a hundred and fifety years, the parents die and leave the ranch to their daughter. The daughter has no money to pay the inheritance tax and is forced to sell the ranch thus the family's legacy, home and hard work is lost. Why is that fair?

BTW, one more question. How is congress giving away money that is not theirs to begin with?
I heard that very same example except for farmers, so it's probably the same story. (just substitute farmers for ranchers.) You want to know how many farmers or in this case ranchers the new law will save the family farm or ranch????? Just 20!!!!!!! To put that in perspective, more people have walked on the moon then that!!!!! ( The moon number is 24)

Brent
04-29-2015, 01:30 PM
I don't like when the rich get taxed.

Every God fearing American knows that they trickle down their wealth down to the middle class.

If it should 'trickle' down to me.
Does that make me one of the worthless leeches that are sucking our system dry?
Calling it a trickle is akin to calling a Irvine Lake rental boat wake 40 foot Waimea Bay.
I sure haven't seen a damn dime of the so called 'trickle' yet.

Lipripper93561
04-29-2015, 01:47 PM
I heard that very same example except for farmers, so it's probably the same story. (just substitute farmers for ranchers.) You want to know how many farmers or in this case ranchers the new law will save the family farm or ranch????? Just 20!!!!!!! To put that in perspective, more people have walked on the moon then that!!!!! ( The moon number is 24)

Care to share you sources? I'm quite interested in how the numbers are calculated? With all the large farms, land holdings, etc......there is a snowballs chance in hell that the real number of affected persons is 20. Even if this effected only one person, there is no difference between what Madoff did, and the government legally taking your income.
And for you Brent......do you work? If so, is it a "poor" person that hired you. Did a homeless person hire you......or possibly someone who has some working capital.
If it's not to personal to ask, does your income come from private sources. If so, maybe it's the "volume" of the trickle you don't appreciate, not the theory itself.
Look how all that money in the Clinton foundation has trickled down to the poor.......does it work any different in the private sector?

DarkShadow
04-29-2015, 01:54 PM
I sure haven't seen a damn dime of the so called 'trickle' yet.

I see that you need to get in contact with DevoreFlyer, CerdoLoco and the other individuals who still hold fast to this method of thinking. Remember, if you don't believe in this trickle down theory, then you are against Reagan and the American economic system.

DEVOREFLYER
04-29-2015, 02:06 PM
I don't recall ever seeing a poor person hiring anyone, how about you?

etucker1959
04-29-2015, 02:15 PM
Care to share you sources? I'm quite interested in how the numbers are calculated? With all the large farms, land holdings, etc......there is a snowballs chance in hell that the real number of affected persons is 20. Even if this effected only one person, there is no difference between what Madoff did, and the government legally taking your income.
And for you Brent......do you work? If so, is it a "poor" person that hired you. Did a homeless person hire you......or possibly someone who has some working capital.
If it's not to personal to ask, does your income come from private sources. If so, maybe it's the "volume" of the trickle you don't appreciate, not the theory itself.
Look how all that money in the Clinton foundation has trickled down to the poor.......does it work any different in the private sector?
I will admit, "I'm quoting a progressive talk show." Since the Rancher/Farmer story is making the rounds, they address it and so did HawgZ, I'm hoping they did their homework correctly!!!!

DarkShadow
04-29-2015, 02:38 PM

No, every employer I've encountered are neither poor nor part of the illustrious 5000.

And if we use the Hawgz Economics 101 mantra, these poor people buy food, gas, and other tangible goods that contribute to our economy.

HawgZWylde
04-29-2015, 02:59 PM
No, every employer I've encountered are neither poor nor part of the illustrious 5000.

And if we use the Hawgz Economics 101 mantra, these poor people buy food, gas, and other tangible goods that contribute to our economy.

And if we use the Hawgz Economics 101 mantra

And what is that "mantra"? Please explain in detail.

Lol, glad to know I'm perpetually in both your's and Quagga's heads...

HawgZWylde
04-29-2015, 03:03 PM
I will admit, "I'm quoting a progressive talk show." Since the Rancher/Farmer story is making the rounds, they address it and so did HawgZ, I'm hoping they did their homework correctly!!!!

You never answered my question etucker, why is anyone, including the government, entitled to anyone else's money?

HawgZWylde
04-29-2015, 03:06 PM
I see that you need to get in contact with DevoreFlyer, CerdoLoco and the other individuals who still hold fast to this method of thinking. Remember, if you don't believe in this trickle down theory, then you are against Reagan and the American economic system.

Let's forget about the way we think for a moment and let you explain in your own words what your thinking is? What kind of economic and governance system do you think is better than what we have(had)? What would you replace our system with?

etucker1959
04-29-2015, 03:06 PM
You know Dev, the big danger as I see it, "what would happen if most of our country's wealth ends up in the hands of a few?" Is this happening now????? The answer is Yes!!!! So what does that do to your descendants a few generations down the line???? I'll use history as my example, "that makes your descendants SERFS in a Feudal system!!!" So your Great Great Grandchildren will look back and wonder when it started and why didn't someone stop it!!!!!!!What would you tell them Dev??????

HawgZWylde
04-29-2015, 03:10 PM
You know Dev, the big danger as I see it, "what would happen if most of our country's wealth ends up in the hands of a few?" Is this happening now????? The answer is Yes!!!! So what does that do to your descendants a few generations down the line???? I'll use history as my example, "that makes your descendants SERFS in a Feudal system!!!" So your Great Great Grandchildren will look back and wonder when it started and why didn't someone stop it!!!!!!!What would you tell them Dev??????

etucker, can you tell me how much wealth the government already confiscates from the American people?

etucker1959
04-29-2015, 03:15 PM
etucker, can you tell me how much wealth the government already confiscates from the American people?
If your looking at tax dollars hidden and unhidden, probably a couple of Trillion dollars a year!!!!

DarkShadow
04-29-2015, 03:34 PM
And what is that "mantra"? Please explain in detail.

Detail? I'm not explaining your half *** theories. But what I can do is post what you yourself said.

Not so fast. What they fail to tell you is how much of the economy spins off that agriculture. Sure, the vegetables, fruits and almonds may bring in 50 billion $$$ of and by themselves, but what about the trucking? The shipping? The ports? The dockworkers? Gas stations, restaurants, grocery stores, housing, construction and all it's related trades, city and town workers, county workers, mechanics, teachers, cops, firefighters etc. etc. ect. Most San Joaquin Valley towns, cities and counties are all support for agriculture. And those add up to far more than 50 billion $$$.

So, explain how this mantra doesn't extend to everyone who spends money in this state, since Devore's statement above seems to assume that since poor people don't hire anyone, that means they don't contribute anything to our economy.

Lol, glad to know I'm perpetually in both your's and Quagga's heads...

There's an old Japanese saying that says "The stake that sticks out gets hammered down." Don't flatter yourself, Cerdo. All you are is that stake sticking out.

HawgZWylde
04-29-2015, 03:44 PM
Detail? I'm not explaining your half *** theories. But what I can do is post what you yourself said.

You won't because you can't. You haven't a clue what it is.

So, explain how this mantra doesn't extend to everyone who spends money in this state, since from Devore's statement above seems to think that poor people don't hire anybody, thus don't contribute anything to our economy.

I see your doing what you do best, spinning other peoples words. But it depends on how that "poor person" is subsiding, if they subside on government social programs the cost to taxpayers far outweigh their so called "contributions" to the government's revenue. The post you quoted of my words has no bearing on the subject being discussed here. It was simply stating that using the revenue percentage from a single product, in this case fruits, veggies, nuts etc. is disingenuous to the big picture of the entire valley's economy that is almost exclusively farming related. But hey, keep on spinning, it's quite entertaining.

There's an old Japanese saying that says "The stake that sticks out gets hammered down." Don't flatter yourself, Cerdo. All you are is that stake sticking out

Flattered? Lol, just sayin' it like it is. You fools are the ones who keep bringing me into your posts.

So you wanna borrow my clothes like Quagga?

DarkShadow
04-29-2015, 03:57 PM
You haven't a clue what it is.

Nope, all I have is what you wrote. And you are correct, I have no idea where you get your cockamamie theories from.

I see your doing what you do best, spinning other peoples words.

And I see that "spinning" is your new term du jure to explain your lack of tact when it comes to getting into political discussions. Can I just claim that everything you say is a "spin" and leave it at that?

Flattered? Lol, just sayin' it like it is. You fools are the ones who keep bringing me into your posts.

Bringing you in my posts? You do realize that nobody makes you hit "REPLY." Unless of course, you think that we have your username and password and are 'bringing you into our posts" forcefully.

So you wanna borrow my clothes like Quagga?

I prefer not to look like someone who puts up drywall for a living and tries to mitigate that by trying to sound intelligent on message boards, so no, but thanks for the offer.

Lady Quagga
04-29-2015, 04:11 PM

Hey asshat, no one "brought" you into this thread. No one even mentioned your name before you made the third (http://fishingnetwork.net/forum4/showthread.php?83828-Congress-gives-away-30-Billion-dollars!!!!!&p=762751#post762751) and fourth (http://fishingnetwork.net/forum4/showthread.php?83828-Congress-gives-away-30-Billion-dollars!!!!!&p=762752#post762752) posts to it. In fact, you were the first idiot to start name dropping in this thread, thus "bringing" others into it. Get your crap straight, you blathering hypocrite.

And oh yeah, since you keep dodging it:

HawgZWylde
04-29-2015, 04:22 PM
If your looking at tax dollars hidden and unhidden, probably a couple of Trillion dollars a year!!!!

And if we don't pay those taxes we are subject to asset seizure and jail, right? So what rich person forces you to give them your money under threat of asset seizure and jail?

Lady Quagga
04-29-2015, 04:36 PM
And if we don't pay those taxes we are subject to asset seizure and jail, right? So what rich person forces you to give them your money under of asset seizure and jail?

Quantifying the legitimacy of a tax by arguing that private citizens don't levy taxes is ridiculous, and a non-sequitur.

City Dad
04-29-2015, 04:39 PM
Quantifying the legitimacy of a tax by arguing that private citizens don't levy taxes is ridiculous, and a non-sequitur.

C'mon guys... let's not fight

HawgZWylde
04-29-2015, 05:08 PM
Hey asshat, no one "brought" you into this thread. No one even mentioned your name before you made the third (http://fishingnetwork.net/forum4/showthread.php?83828-Congress-gives-away-30-Billion-dollars!!!!!&p=762751#post762751) and fourth (http://fishingnetwork.net/forum4/showthread.php?83828-Congress-gives-away-30-Billion-dollars!!!!!&p=762752#post762752) posts to it. In fact, you were the first idiot to start name dropping in this thread, thus "bringing" others into it. Get your crap straight, you blathering hypocrite.

Hey asshat it was you who drew first blood long long ago, as a matter of fact it was you spewing your vicious venom at another poster long ago that drew me into the general section free for all in the first place because no one was standing up to your arrogant and elitist tripe. So here I am, get over it biiiatch.

And oh yeah, since you keep dodging it:

Oh yes you did, and you've done plenty of times before. As for the Whigs, we spoke about it a couple of years ago and when I brought it up again lately, you denied any memory of it. And no, I won't click on your links since I can't see the address. Just can't trust certain IT people, you know? No, my "allegation" is correct, the OP you made was vile and inappropriate.

what exactly are you suggesting?

Why nothing darlin', why'd ya ask?

Lady Quagga
04-29-2015, 05:26 PM
Hey asshat it was you who drew first blood long long ago, as a matter of fact it was you spewing your vicious venom at another poster long ago that drew me into the general section free for all in the first place because no one was standing up to your arrogant and elitist tripe. So here I am, get over it biiiatch.

I couldn't care less what drew you into GenDis - I was addressing this thread and the comment you made on it, you hypocritical nitwit.

Oh yes you did, and you've done plenty of times before. As for the Whigs, we spoke about it a couple of years ago and when I brought it up again lately, you denied any memory of it. And no, I won't click on your links since I can't see the address. Just can't trust certain IT people, you know? No, my "allegation" is correct, the OP you made was vile and inappropriate.

Oh no I didn't. I was specifically referring to the post I made regarding the Whigs, you nitwit. And so once again, your allegation is false.

Why nothing darlin', why'd ya ask?

That's exactly the cowardly response I expected from you.

HawgZWylde
04-29-2015, 06:10 PM
Nope, all I have is what you wrote. And you are correct, I have no idea where you get your cockamamie theories from.

See, there you go again. Please educate me and the other readers on exactly what those "cockamamie" theories are. Please be specific and quote the posts where I espoused said theories. You can't and won't because I didn't.

And I see that "spinning" is your new term du jure to explain your lack of tact when it comes to getting into political discussions. Can I just claim that everything you say is a "spin" and leave it at that?

I don't and won't sugar coat anything sweetheart. I say it like it is. As for lack of tact? Once again, I just joined your game. sucks don't it?

Bringing you in my posts? You do realize that nobody makes you hit "REPLY." Unless of course, you think that we have your username and password and are 'bringing you into our posts" forcefully.

Of course not, I hit reply when I feel like it. No, you use me as an imagined example in you posts in order to attempt paint a false picture of me. Keep at it dude, it's quite entertaining man.

I prefer not to look like someone who puts up drywall for a living and tries to mitigate that by trying to sound intelligent on message boards, so no, but thanks for the offer.

BOOM!
Dear Lord wherever did you get the idea that I "put up drywall for a living"? My main trade is carpentry, I am a journeyman and spent far too many years framing multi million $$ mansions, Wineries and beach homes on the Central Coast, Newport Beach, Laguna Niguel, Dana Point, Coto De Casa and San Clemente. I also do drywall, painting, plumbing, electrical, hvac, roofing, concrete,basically all of the trades. Started when I was 15. And for the last 2 1/2 decades I've been in management. But DS, we've been here before. Now with that said, and with what you said, are you implying that because I'm not DS the IT guy or Quagga the Great that I and anyone else in the building trades, or anyone who disagrees with you for that matter are intellectually in-superior to you? Man dude, sounds a bit elitist there doesn't it? Why doesn't this surprise me?

Don't forget to put your hand lotion on tonight buttercup...

HawgZWylde
04-29-2015, 07:28 PM
I couldn't care less what drew you into GenDis - I was addressing this thread and the comment you made on it, you hypocritical nitwit.

Ah, I see, so you admit your vile behavior is why I jumped into the fray eh? When I called you out on it, I wasn't talking about this specific thread, and I'm still not. You've done it on several occasions. Now you are deflecting.

Oh no I didn't. I was specifically referring to the post I made regarding the Whigs, you nitwit. And so once again, your allegation is false.

Once again, I wasn't. And yes indeed, your reply to me late last year was you had no recollection of our prior discussion re: the mwp.

That's exactly the cowardly response I expected from you.

Blah blah, the true coward is a keyboard warrior that hides and trolls behind anonymity...

Lady Quagga
04-29-2015, 10:07 PM
Ah, I see, so you admit your vile behavior is why I jumped into the fray eh? When I called you out on it, I wasn't talking about this specific thread, and I'm still not. You've done it on several occasions. Now you are deflecting.

Yes, you were (http://fishingnetwork.net/forum4/showthread.php?83828-Congress-gives-away-30-Billion-dollars!!!!!&p=762777#post762777), in relation to this post (http://fishingnetwork.net/forum4/showthread.php?81988-Remember-this&p=747552#post747552).

Once again, I wasn't. And yes indeed, your reply to me late last year was you had no recollection of our prior discussion re: the mwp.

Once again: yes, you were (http://fishingnetwork.net/forum4/showthread.php?83828-Congress-gives-away-30-Billion-dollars!!!!!&p=762777#post762777), in relation to this post (http://fishingnetwork.net/forum4/showthread.php?81988-Remember-this&p=747552#post747552).

Blah blah, the true coward is a keyboard warrior that hides and trolls behind anonymity...

You still haven't answered the question, coward: your allegation that I made a change to that post without the "reason for editing" notice appearing is false, but let's assume for a moment that it's true - what exactly are you suggesting?

DockRat
04-29-2015, 10:07 PM
Just wasted 10 minutes reading the last 2 pages. This HawgsLQDSshit is getting very tired.

Lady Quagga
04-29-2015, 10:09 PM
Just wasted 10 minutes reading the last 2 pages. This HawgsLQDSshit is getting very tired.

Then stop reading it. :Dancing Banana:

DockRat
04-29-2015, 10:29 PM
LQ, Your BS is so frickin old. Give it a rest. Wonder why the GD board is so dead with the same 4-6 people EVERYDAY.
I'm just calling it the way it is. Samebullshit same people everyday. You need to get a life LQ.

Lady Quagga
04-29-2015, 10:58 PM
Yes DR, we all prefer the days when you'd post something witty and the peanut gallery would chime in with equally witty banter. Sorry that GenDis has gotten too lowbrow for you.

DockRat
04-30-2015, 06:00 AM
Yes DR, we all prefer the days when you'd post something witty and the peanut gallery would chime in with equally witty banter. Sorry that GenDis has gotten too lowbrow for you. NO LQ. GD is all about YOU and nit-picking other peoples post. Your trolling is sooooo worn out and lacks thought.

You seriously need something. I suggest a 12" vibrator to help you release your stress privately. You are so boring these days it makes me sick. GET A LIFE WITCH...
It is like Groundhog Day here. Everyday the same. You have to break down Hawgz replies. Everyday the same.

http://i870.photobucket.com/albums/ab262/ZapperLife/Shows/groundhog_day.jpg (http://media.photobucket.com/user/ZapperLife/media/Shows/groundhog_day.jpg.html)
http://i194.photobucket.com/albums/z57/straybb/newbatteries.gif (http://media.photobucket.com/user/straybb/media/newbatteries.gif.html)http://i305.photobucket.com/albums/nn209/robyn_hills/vaseline.jpg (http://media.photobucket.com/user/robyn_hills/media/vaseline.jpg.html)

etucker1959
04-30-2015, 08:24 AM
NO LQ. GD is all about YOU and nit-picking other peoples post. Your trolling is sooooo worn out and lacks thought.

You seriously need something. I suggest a 12" vibrator to help you release your stress privately. You are so boring these days it makes me sick. GET A LIFE WITCH...
It is like Groundhog Day here. Everyday the same. You have to break down Hawgz replies. Everyday the same.

http://i870.photobucket.com/albums/ab262/ZapperLife/Shows/groundhog_day.jpg (http://media.photobucket.com/user/ZapperLife/media/Shows/groundhog_day.jpg.html)
http://i194.photobucket.com/albums/z57/straybb/newbatteries.gif (http://media.photobucket.com/user/straybb/media/newbatteries.gif.html)http://i305.photobucket.com/albums/nn209/robyn_hills/vaseline.jpg (http://media.photobucket.com/user/robyn_hills/media/vaseline.jpg.html)
Speaking on behalf of the peanut gallery, your post was witty, clever, funny and captured the sprit of the GD section!!!! lol

Lady Quagga
04-30-2015, 11:28 AM
\ seriously need something. I suggest a 12" vibrator to help you release your stress privately.

Sounds like you speak from experience......

As to the rest of your post: when certain folks refrain from posting unintelligent, ill-considered, and inaccurate remarks, then I will cease commenting on them. Your choice is to read or not to read.

However DR, I will grant you a temporary reprieve. See you in a few.

HawgZWylde
04-30-2015, 12:37 PM
K etucker, you are worried about the government not being able to profit off peoples deaths, how about going after morons like George Soros. This idiot is all things progressive left. He funds the progressive liberal "center for American Progress", Media Matters, Daily Kos and a whole host of other "progressive leftist" media and various progressive left entities. He calls on the federal government to raise taxes on Americans all the while hiding his own billions from taxation. Indeed, the ultimate in hypocrisy...

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2015-04-30/george-soros-s-tax-bill

etucker1959
04-30-2015, 01:09 PM
K etucker, you are worried about the government not being able to profit off peoples deaths, how about going after morons like George Soros. This idiot is all things progressive left. He funds the progressive liberal "center for American Progress", Media Matters, Daily Kos and a whole host of other "progressive leftist" media and various progressive left entities. He calls on the federal government to raise taxes on Americans all the while hiding his own billions from taxation. Indeed, the ultimate in hypocrisy...

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2015-04-30/george-soros-s-tax-bill
I'm with you on that one!!! Just because someone claims to be a progressive, doesn't mean they can't be bad and evil too!!! If they are bad and in this case a hypocrite on taxation, they should get what they deserve!!!!!

4_D_ HALIBUT
05-01-2015, 10:43 AM
A simple lesson on how our tax system works:

Suppose that every day, ten men go out for beer and the bill for all ten comes to $100. If they paid their bill the way we pay our taxes, it would go something like this:
The first four men (the poorest) would pay nothing.
The fifth would pay $1.
The sixth would pay $3.
The seventh would pay $7.
The eighth would pay $12.
The ninth would pay $18.
The tenth man (the richest) would pay $59.

So, that's what they decided to do.

The ten men drank in the bar every day and seemed quite happy with the arrangement, until one day, the owner threw them a curve. "Since you are all such good customers," he said, "I'm going to reduce the cost of your daily beer by $20.” Drinks for the ten now cost just $80. The group still wanted to pay their bill the way we pay our taxes so the first four men were unaffected. They would still drink for free. But what about the other six men - the paying customers? How could they divide the $20 windfall so that everyone would get his "fair share".' They realized that $20 divided by six is $3.33. But if they subtracted that from everybody's share, then the fifth man and the sixth would each end up being paid to drink his beer. So, the bar owner suggested that it would be fair to reduce each man's bill by roughly the same amount, and he proceeded to work out the amounts each should pay.

And so:

The fifth man, like the first four, now paid nothing (100% savings).
The sixth would now pay $2 instead of $3 (33%savings).
The seventh would pay $5 instead of $7 (28%savings).
The eighth would pay $9 instead of $12 (25% savings).
The ninth would pay $14 instead of $18 (22% savings).
The tenth would pay $49 instead of $59 (16% savings).

Each of the six was better off than before. And the first four continued to drink for free. But once outside the restaurant, the men began to compare their savings.

"I only got a dollar out of the $20,"declared the sixth man. He pointed to the tenth man," but he got $10!"
"Yeah, that's right," exclaimed the fifth man. "I only saved a dollar, too. It's unfair that he got TEN times more than I did!"

"That's true!!" shouted the seventh man. "Why should he get $10 back when I got only two? The wealthy get all the breaks!"

"Wait a minute," yelled the first four men in unison. "We didn't get anything at all. The system exploits the poor!"

The nine men surrounded the tenth and beat him up.

The next night the tenth man didn't show up for drinks, so the nine sat down and had beers without him. But when it came time to pay the bill, they discovered something important. They didn't have enough money between all of them for even half of the bill!

And that, boys and girls, is how our tax system works. The people who pay the highest taxes get the most benefit from a tax reduction.
Tax them too much, attack them for being wealthy, and they just may not show up anymore. In fact, they might start drinking overseas where the atmosphere is somewhat friendlier.

etucker1959
05-01-2015, 01:32 PM
A simple lesson on how our tax system works:

Suppose that every day, ten men go out for beer and the bill for all ten comes to $100. If they paid their bill the way we pay our taxes, it would go something like this:
The first four men (the poorest) would pay nothing.
The fifth would pay $1.
The sixth would pay $3.
The seventh would pay $7.
The eighth would pay $12.
The ninth would pay $18.
The tenth man (the richest) would pay $59.

So, that's what they decided to do.

The ten men drank in the bar every day and seemed quite happy with the arrangement, until one day, the owner threw them a curve. "Since you are all such good customers," he said, "I'm going to reduce the cost of your daily beer by $20.” Drinks for the ten now cost just $80. The group still wanted to pay their bill the way we pay our taxes so the first four men were unaffected. They would still drink for free. But what about the other six men - the paying customers? How could they divide the $20 windfall so that everyone would get his "fair share".' They realized that $20 divided by six is $3.33. But if they subtracted that from everybody's share, then the fifth man and the sixth would each end up being paid to drink his beer. So, the bar owner suggested that it would be fair to reduce each man's bill by roughly the same amount, and he proceeded to work out the amounts each should pay.

And so:

The fifth man, like the first four, now paid nothing (100% savings).
The sixth would now pay $2 instead of $3 (33%savings).
The seventh would pay $5 instead of $7 (28%savings).
The eighth would pay $9 instead of $12 (25% savings).
The ninth would pay $14 instead of $18 (22% savings).
The tenth would pay $49 instead of $59 (16% savings).

Each of the six was better off than before. And the first four continued to drink for free. But once outside the restaurant, the men began to compare their savings.

"I only got a dollar out of the $20,"declared the sixth man. He pointed to the tenth man," but he got $10!"
"Yeah, that's right," exclaimed the fifth man. "I only saved a dollar, too. It's unfair that he got TEN times more than I did!"

"That's true!!" shouted the seventh man. "Why should he get $10 back when I got only two? The wealthy get all the breaks!"

"Wait a minute," yelled the first four men in unison. "We didn't get anything at all. The system exploits the poor!"

The nine men surrounded the tenth and beat him up.

The next night the tenth man didn't show up for drinks, so the nine sat down and had beers without him. But when it came time to pay the bill, they discovered something important. They didn't have enough money between all of them for even half of the bill!

And that, boys and girls, is how our tax system works. The people who pay the highest taxes get the most benefit from a tax reduction.
Tax them too much, attack them for being wealthy, and they just may not show up anymore. In fact, they might start drinking overseas where the atmosphere is somewhat friendlier.
I liked the story till the very end. That's when your conclusions get really fuzzy!!!! This story is about the 1% ers getting more of our nations wealth. It was at 24% a couple of years ago, it's probably higher by now. lol First of all, "how do justify the rich keep getting richer??" Are the CEO'S of the fortune 500 company's now working much harder then they did 40 years ago. "I doubt it!!!!!!" However, they sure are getting paid a lot more now then they were 40 years ago. So with your conclusions, your saying if we raise the tax's more on these people, they will stop working and retire some where over seas. I think you were drinking too much of that imaginary Beer in your story, if you think that is true!!!! The people who broadcast this BS to you people, "have got to start coming up with new material." I heard this story years ago and has been debunked soo many times!!!!!!

kendo
05-01-2015, 02:41 PM
This tax does not just affect the rich. Say you want to leave your house to your children. You purchased said home for 100k. You give it to your child and its worth 500k. Your children will have to pay tax on the 400k gain they got when they received your home if they ever sell it. Currently you can leave it to your children when you pass and they will get a step up value to what its worth the day you pass. Meaning, that when you pass, your house is worth 500k it would be like they purchased the house for 500k. if they ever sell they wont have to pay capital gains tax on your home if they sell for 500k. If they remove this cities will re-asses the home which will then cost them more in property taxes per year. 1% of your 100k is 1k now your children have a tax bill of 5k. The rich are able to do this with millions of dollars in real estate which I understand might seem unfair. BUT who will have a harder time paying the taxes? The rich family or working class citizens that worked for years to pay off a home they wanted to leave to their children. This is why a lot of children end up just selling the homes their parents leave because they cant afford the tax. Remember this is if you leave a proper will and your home does not go into probate. Probate means they need lawyers and the house will be tied up in litigation for years and a tax will have to be paid at the end of said litigation. Most families are forced to sell to pay said taxes. If you really look at the laws you can see that this can be a benefit to everyone and should be changed for maximum amounts that rich families will have to pay not eliminated totally. Just what I had to deal with when my father passed away...

Riverdale
05-01-2015, 05:03 PM
I heard that very same example except for farmers, so it's probably the same story. (just substitute farmers for ranchers.) You want to know how many farmers or in this case ranchers the new law will save the family farm or ranch????? Just 20!!!!!!! To put that in perspective, more people have walked on the moon then that!!!!! ( The moon number is 24) Wait a minute, People walked on the Moon????LOL

Brent
05-05-2015, 09:32 AM
30% of a guy making $50K per year is $15K. He now only has $35K to live on and as most of us know, if your have a family, it's not much.
A billionaire with $1Billion gets taxed 30% and he still has $700 million to live on. That's the issue.

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/how-would-you-feel-about-a-94-tax-rate/

Interesting read if you have the time.

DEVOREFLYER
05-05-2015, 09:35 AM
http://i.imgur.com/nM28pIw.jpg