PDA

View Full Version : Which Seaguar do you like best?

billy b
04-25-2015, 05:49 PM
I see a lot of people talkin it up ... wondered which one of their brands is best? Inviszx?

Cadillyak
04-25-2015, 07:35 PM
Depends on what u are fishing for/ what u are using. I'm partial to 30lb or 40lb blue label flouro for my leaders.

DEVOREFLYER
04-25-2015, 07:39 PM
While I do use Flouro for Bass, I am old school when Trout fishing and only use Stren Mono. Old habits are hard to change and for over 40 years Stren Mono has never let me down.

dkinla
04-25-2015, 07:46 PM
I like Abrazx for leaders when surf fishing and Invizx for freshwater leaders.

Starcraft16.5
04-25-2015, 08:27 PM
Cubans are my favorite

DEVOREFLYER
04-25-2015, 08:39 PM
Cubans are my favorite

Mine also with two fingers of single malt whiskey on the side. :Shocked:

HawgZWylde
04-25-2015, 08:44 PM
Hands down Seaguar Tatsu fluorocarbon but it's real expensive. I use Invisx for most techniques except when I throw jigs. I have 12/15lb Seaguar Abrasx on my two jig rods...

billy b
04-26-2015, 12:06 PM
Sorry I wasn't more specific in my application. I usually spool the entire spool with the line ... and run it all the way to the hook ... no swivel or extra knot.

I will look into Stren Mono ... I know Devore knows his stuff.

I wonder if I should put something like a braid on first and then I can just splice the last 75-100 years and replace more easily and regularly?

HawgZWylde
04-26-2015, 12:31 PM
Sorry I wasn't more specific in my application. I usually spool the entire spool with the line ... and run it all the way to the hook ... no swivel or extra knot.

I will look into Stren Mono ... I know Devore knows his stuff.

I wonder if I should put something like a braid on first and then I can just splice the last 75-100 years and replace more easily and regularly?

I assumed you are talking about line for Trout fishing. I prefer fluorocarbon for several reasons, it's nearly invisible to the fish, it's a thinner diameter, it sinks, it has much better sensitivity, it stretches less and it has far less memory. I only use mono for topwater applications or where reaction baits require more stretch for cushioning the hookset when using treble hooks. Using a light braid main line with a fluoro leader offers much greater sensitivity and very little stretch for rock solid hooksets...

DEVOREFLYER
04-26-2015, 12:39 PM
Stren Mono was first introduced in 1958 by Dupont and I have been a fan ever since. I prefer the Stren Gold color in my old age as it is better see with aging eyes but is hard to find in the 330 yd spools. You can buy a 330 yd spool for around $7 to $8 and at that price I spool it all on my reel. I use 4# on my ultralite spinning rig and 6# on everything else. Check out the reviews.

http://www.basspro.com/Stren-Original-Monofilament-Fishing-Line/product/1407181333/?cmCat=CROSSSELL_PRODUCT

Or try the Stren Magnathin

http://www.basspro.com/Stren-Magnathin-Fishing-Line/product/1407181347/?cmCat=CROSSSELL_PRODUCT