PDA

View Full Version : S.W.A.T. Decisions, Surfing or Fishing?

remington
04-24-2015, 12:02 PM
Today: 4/24 8:00am-9:45am

Well, I fully planned on surfing this morning as Surfline was calling for a a new NW/SW swell and when I checked the cams they were a tad bit off on their forecast. :Confused:

Dropped the boy off at school and grabbed my gear in a rush to head out to my AO. Arrive and quickly find out I had left my tape measure & pliers at home? :Shocked:

Oh well, maybe I will be awarded by Posidon for the error of my ways to help ease my pain?

Long story short, landed my PB checker and my first ever corbina on a LC!

Sorry for the lack of a tape shot on the checker, that tape was safely secure in my garage with my pliers. Lol...no pic of the bean, only had a few casts left and not a giant or worthy of sacrificing valuable fishing time to go grab my camera.

Both fish were released healthy back with my good buddy Posidon enjoying life as I am right now too!!!! :Big Grin:

Have a great weekend & thanks for reading!

Kelly

bachiboy
04-24-2015, 12:10 PM
Awesome job out there brotha!!! That is one fat healthy checker! Congrats on the PB and the new species!!! Funny how some of the best luck happens when your least prepared for it.:Wink: It's all good when you get rewarded like that.

Way to go!!!
Don

SP Dan
04-24-2015, 12:12 PM
Hey SWAT Brotha remington!

Got the text at work. I'll be right back!
Oh ... MY!!! Ok .... I just finished reading your; not only exciting but eventful, fish report Sir!!! WOW!!! :Big Smile::Applause:
A huge "Congratulations" to you on your continued success in the surf! I was with you at the beginning of the year when you beached your NS Zebra Perch :Envious:.

And now ...... we are four months into this year's season and you've beached another New Species on the LC110, a Corbina, and to top it off today ................. you added a PB chunky Checker ... ta-boot!!!!! :UDaMan:

Kelly ... you fish hard, you have been putting in the time and the miles ... I am very happy for all of your recent successes!
Great job on the CPR .... our grand children will be enjoying a strong fishery when they start fishing! :Thumbs Up:

Thanx for the fish report with pic's! I'll see ya on the sand some day soon Brotha!

PS .... Something that Lt Bones said to me "the Grasshopper" awhile back ....... "Simplicity is always best"!

SP Dan <"))>< "The Daminal"!

Edgar
04-24-2015, 03:52 PM
Beautiful calico ! Congrats on the PB , and on your first bean on the LC ! Definitely a good way to start off the weekend !
Tight lines ,
Edgar

bones
04-24-2015, 04:40 PM
Amazing how HUGH a calico looks laying next to a 500 series reel :ROFL:

Just busting your NUTS Kelly...Good job on the 8" PB:ROFL:

Since we haven't actually met the rest of the gang will confirm I'm the joker in the group.....All kidding aside...thanks for the inspiring report.

Surfs UP Bro!

anchor3n1
04-24-2015, 07:27 PM
Hi Kelly

I freak out without pliers (I keep a spare in my "go" box just in case) :EyePop: cuz I picture myself mangling the fish and my hands trying to get the hooks out (guess I'm a bit paranoid :Shocked:). So fantastic surf assault!!! That's a big un'calico and that's the way uh uh on the corbina:LOL:.

Take care brother Kelly,

Nick

Mike Rippee
04-28-2015, 12:57 PM
Nice Calico Kelly, and nice on the LC/Corbina!

Homefish
04-28-2015, 01:04 PM
Looks like fish'n was the right choice! Those calico really nail the LC. How big do you think it was?

remington
04-29-2015, 07:40 AM
Awesome job out there brotha!!! That is one fat healthy checker! Congrats on the PB and the new species!!! Funny how some of the best luck happens when your least prepared for it.:Wink: It's all good when you get rewarded like that.

Way to go!!!
Don

Thank you Don and thank you again for showing me how to properly make a post with a fat checker with the measuring tape included in the photo. Big Grin:

Great job brother, I'm still pissed about that freaking tape blunder...Lol

Thank you again for your generosity, can't wait to go sling that baby.....checker city!!!!
Kelly

Hey SWAT Brotha remington!

Got the text at work. I'll be right back!
Oh ... MY!!! Ok .... I just finished reading your; not only exciting but eventful, fish report Sir!!! WOW!!! :Big Smile::Applause:
A huge "Congratulations" to you on your continued success in the surf! I was with you at the beginning of the year when you beached your NS Zebra Perch :Envious:.

And now ...... we are four months into this year's season and you've beached another New Species on the LC110, a Corbina, and to top it off today ................. you added a PB chunky Checker ... ta-boot!!!!! :UDaMan:

Kelly ... you fish hard, you have been putting in the time and the miles ... I am very happy for all of your recent successes!
Great job on the CPR .... our grand children will be enjoying a strong fishery when they start fishing! :Thumbs Up:

Thanx for the fish report with pic's! I'll see ya on the sand some day soon Brotha!

PS .... Something that Lt Bones said to me "the Grasshopper" awhile back ....... "Simplicity is always best"!

SP Dan <"))>< "The Daminal"!

Thank you brother Dan! You know it's the lucky new to me Simms jacket you generously gifted me, thanks again brother I love that jacket! Please feel free to send me a text on when you might have a chance to come down my way and show me how to catch a legal halibut as I've seen to have forgotten. :LOL:

Kelly

Beautiful calico ! Congrats on the PB , and on your first bean on the LC ! Definitely a good way to start off the weekend !
Tight lines ,
Edgar

Thanks Edgar! I heard about your battle a couple days ago, that must have been exciting!

Kelly

Amazing how HUGH a calico looks laying next to a 500 series reel :ROFL:

Just busting your NUTS Kelly...Good job on the 8" PB:ROFL:

Since we haven't actually met the rest of the gang will confirm I'm the joker in the group.....All kidding aside...thanks for the inspiring report.

Surfs UP Bro!

Thank you Mike! One of these days we will have to fish together. I seem to be a good luck charm to one of our esteemed members, you just might break a PB with me by your side. Lol
Seriously, I would love to fish with you one of these days. Just not when the surf is pumping, priorities brother! :Cool:

Kelly

Hi Kelly

I freak out without pliers (I keep a spare in my "go" box just in case) :EyePop: cuz I picture myself mangling the fish and my hands trying to get the hooks out (guess I'm a bit paranoid :Shocked:). So fantastic surf assault!!! That's a big un'calico and that's the way uh uh on the corbina:LOL:.

Take care brother Kelly,

Nick

Thanks Nick! I just really wanted a calico submission and failed miserably without the tape in the photo, oh well. I guess it allows me a excuse to get back out there and find a real giant to submit and with a freaking tape measure next time.

Kelly

Nice Calico Kelly, and nice on the LC/Corbina!

Thanks brother. Let's go pound it again and you can tell me all about your recent trout adventures!

Looks like fish'n was the right choice! Those calico really nail the LC. How big do you think it was?

Thanks Homefish! I think in that 20" range? I do know it was fat and happy as you can tell by the girth, the fish had good weight on her! I know they're much bigger models in this spot, the giant variety and that is what I'm shooting for next and especially after the new gift I received from bachiboy (Don)!!! Thanks again Don, that thing has calico written all over it...:Big Grin:
Kelly

SDay
05-04-2015, 02:42 PM
I just started seriously trying to learn saltwater fishing. Been a trout fisherman for 18 years. Relatively new to the website and definitely new to the terminology.

Can someone please explain all the abbreviations ?! So i know how and where to catch fish. What is LC, PB, and what is the SWAT that everyone seems to love and be members of? I am assuming PB is personal best, but that's all I have been able to gather

Excuse my ignorance and thanks for any help

bones
05-05-2015, 06:34 AM
I just started seriously trying to learn saltwater fishing. Been a trout fisherman for 18 years. Relatively new to the website and definitely new to the terminology.

Can someone please explain all the abbreviations ?! So i know how and where to catch fish. What is LC, PB, and what is the SWAT that everyone seems to love and be members of? I am assuming PB is personal best, but that's all I have been able to gather

Excuse my ignorance and thanks for any help

First of all welcome to the board SDay. The FNN is a great place to learn and make a few friends.

You were correct with the PB meaning Personal Best. LC stands for Lucky Craft which is a popular hard bait that most of us use in the surf. Usually referring to the 110 series Flash Minnow which is a suspending bait that mimics a small baitfish.
As for the SWAT acronym.... Pick your favorite...LOL

SALT WATER ASSAULT TEAM is my favorite but here are a couple more....

Salt Water Angling Team
Salt Water Attack Team
Sand Waves Attack Team
Sand Water All Terrain
Special Weapons And Tactics (I call my rod a weapon)...LOL

There are seriously a lot of meanings to the acronym if you do a google search but it all means "Good Friends"

--------------<())))><

SDay
05-08-2015, 09:31 AM
Thanks alot Bones ! You were a huge help.

I appreciate, and thanks again for the warm welcome !