PDA

View Full Version : Best of luck to the Opener folks

billy b
04-24-2015, 09:50 AM
Hope you have at least decent weather ... lookin forward to hearin some great reports! Stay warm

Mr T-rex
04-24-2015, 10:10 AM
Quick Question! With snow coming in and me not having chains for my car what would be the furthest that i can travel up the 395?

John Harper
04-24-2015, 10:35 AM
Quick Question! With snow coming in and me not having chains for my car what would be the furthest that i can travel up the 395?

Bishop. Depends on how low the snow levels are. Probably don't want to tackle Sherwin Grade without chains.

John

Mr T-rex
04-24-2015, 12:27 PM
Bishop. Depends on how low the snow levels are. Probably don't want to tackle Sherwin Grade without chains.

John

What lakes/Streams are there around bishop to fish ??

seal
04-24-2015, 12:31 PM
I'd suspect that the 395 up to Mammoth will be ok to travel. But not having chains and not being prepared is really not a good idea if you are going past Bishop. Chances are you'll be ok up to Mammoth 2-4" is being predicted later Saturday morning so get there early AM and snow will have probably melted on the roads by Sunday mid day for sure, but you never know.

Chains are what 40 bucks for cables?

Mr T-rex
04-24-2015, 01:04 PM
I'd suspect that the 395 up to Mammoth will be ok to travel. But not having chains and not being prepared is really not a good idea if you are going past Bishop. Chances are you'll be ok up to Mammoth 2-4" is being predicted later Saturday morning so get there early AM and snow will have probably melted on the roads by Sunday mid day for sure, but you never know.

Chains are what 40 bucks for cables?

Your right seal its better to be safe and prepared! My buddy is taking his car so hes being a little cheap haha but i will go out of my way to buy the chains
First time heading to the opener and i am pretty excited

John Harper
04-24-2015, 01:28 PM
What lakes/Streams are there around bishop to fish ??

Lower Owens River, Pleasant Valley Reservoir, head up West Line Street for Bishop Creek, South Lake, North Lake, Intake 2, Lake Sabrina. All easy to drive to and miles of water to fish down at the Owens.

The Lower Owens has some special restrictions below the campground, so just be aware of the area you are fishing. DFW will check you for licenses and for pinched barbs in the C&R area of the LO.

Have fun.

John

Mr T-rex
04-24-2015, 02:00 PM
Lower Owens River, Pleasant Valley Reservoir, head up West Line Street for Bishop Creek, South Lake, North Lake, Intake 2, Lake Sabrina. All easy to drive to and miles of water to fish down at the Owens.

The Lower Owens has some special restrictions below the campground, so just be aware of the area you are fishing. DFW will check you for licenses and for pinched barbs in the C&R area of the LO.

Have fun

John

Nice thank you so much for the heads up information i am really looking forward for tomorrow
I will leave LA around 3am so looking to be there around 9am with a couple of stops here and there

seal
04-24-2015, 02:11 PM
Nice thank you so much for the heads up information i am really looking forward for tomorrow
I will leave LA around 3am so looking to be there around 9am with a couple of stops here and there

You should be fine to get up there before it snows substantially according to the local weatherman/realtor.

Howard Sheckter -

"Crowley Lake Forecast ….

Rain/Snow mix to become all snow by 11:00AM Saturday with 1 to 3 inches possible at Lake Level and 2 to 4 inches possible for community of Crowley Lake. Expect winds 15 to 30 out of the west Saturday AM….Becoming NW by Noon. Winds will become Northerly by 3:00PM Saturday with gusts to 30MPH. High temps at Lake Level will be in the mid to upper 40s on Saturday. Snowfall will end by evening. Sunday will dawn clear with a low of 25. Expect North Winds Sunday 5 to 15 MPH w/gusts to 20mph. High temps Sunday will climb to near 60. Rapid warming will occur Monday into Tuesday. The expected high temps Monday will reach 72 and Tuesday 78. Lows in the low 30s. Breezes will be light Monday and Tuesday."

seal
04-24-2015, 02:35 PM
Winter weather advisory issued. I'd carry chains!

http://www.wunderground.com/US/CA/073.html#WIN

DEVOREFLYER
04-24-2015, 02:45 PM
Now that weather forecast sounds like a "Normal" weather day for a Crowley opener. :Shocked:

White caps and the wind is howling at Crowley. http://thetroutfly.com/crowleycam.html

Esquibel
04-24-2015, 08:54 PM
I am tamarack lodge in mammoth now snow expected at 5am will be on the water at about 7am. make sure you bring chains just in case