PDA

View Full Version : Cabela's

Serg
04-17-2015, 10:03 AM
Anybody else hear the rumor about Cabela's opening in Santa Clarita just off the 14 fwy?

LEE BOY3
04-17-2015, 10:20 AM
Nope! But that would be awesome.

PokerFish
04-17-2015, 05:19 PM
Anybody else hear the rumor about Cabela's opening in Santa Clarita just off the 14 fwy?

Where did you hear that? That would be great

Serg
04-18-2015, 10:48 AM
A guy who works for the city of Santa Clarita said that a deal had been reached by the city and Cabelas. That the site was by the 14 fwy off of sands canyon. Was just wondering if it was true.

Marley
04-18-2015, 12:37 PM
I've been in four Bass Pro Shops and they were all big, clean and appropriately well-stocked for their location (Rancho Cucamonga, Las Vegas and two in Dallas). Only been in one Cabela's, that in Buda, Texas, and it was pretty bad after you left the gun counter. Some small nations would be envious of the arsenal in that location, but there wasn't much to say about the rest of the store. Maybe just a time of year thing, it was mid-April I was there. Great catalog, maybe it was just a bad time I happened in.

shinbob
04-18-2015, 12:40 PM
If true, that deal is a long time in coming -- I read about this back in 2006 and thought the deal had been long dead.

While it would be nice to have one nearby, especially if it had a boat center (not all do), there are two reasons I wouldn't be devestated if it never came to be:

1) It would put a whole lot of local fishing tackle stores out of business, and
2) Cabela's would then start charging sales tax on online orders to California.

shinbob
04-18-2015, 12:44 PM
Only been in one Cabela's, that in Buda, Texas, and it was pretty bad after you left the gun counter.

The new Cabela's in Denver is nice, but the fishing section is a bit underwhelming, and they don't have boats at all on display. The BPSs are a lot better. I liked the Cabela's in Phoenix better, at least it had a good marine center, and I could drool over the $75,000 Ranger 21' walleye rigs.

Marley
04-18-2015, 01:05 PM
...$75,000 Ranger 21' walleye rigs.

Rangers are such nice boats!

Homefish
04-18-2015, 03:51 PM
A guy who works for the city of Santa Clarita said that a deal had been reached by the city and Cabelas. That the site was by the 14 fwy off of sands canyon. Was just wondering if it was true.

That's funny...I just heard this week that a Bass Pro Shops is going to be built on Sand Canyon. But its the Sand Canyon in Irvine.