PDA

View Full Version : One last moment of silence in that place we all know and love called "DVL"

HuskerRod
04-16-2015, 01:01 PM
Silence

wait

wait

wait

wait

I know this is a reports section, but I thought it fitting to put up a post to honor a lake we once knew and loved known as "DVL". Does anyone have any last words or reflections they would like to print and make public as this might be your last chance. Have we lost "The Jewel" forever?? Will she ever be the same again?

Life goes on!!!! She rewarded some and was downright hospitable to others.

Many left "her" with tails between their legs victim of the mighty skunk. While others left with bounty "o" plenty. Which were you?

She will be missed (but those "Port-A-Johns" by the marina store wont be)

HawgZWylde
04-16-2015, 01:12 PM
Hands down my favorite So Cal lake. It's why I married her and made her my home. It wasn't about the big fish or the many, it was the challenge she presented. Sure I caught buttloads of fish there, but I was handed my a** on occasion as well. Yup, she'll be back but the question is will I still be here waiting for her...

HuskerRod
04-16-2015, 01:15 PM
Hands down my favorite So Cal lake. It's why I married her and made her my home. It wasn't about the big fish or the many, it was the challenge she presented. Sure I caught buttloads of fish there, but I was handed my a** on occasion as well. Yup, she'll be back but the question is will I still be here waiting for her...

Hawgz.................you might be in south Carolina by then blazing a path for guys like me soon to follow

gogreeenz4
04-16-2015, 01:54 PM
Stan is The Man. That's all!

Stormcrow
04-16-2015, 01:59 PM
Word has it they may be back open by November.... Just heard this.

gogreeenz4
04-16-2015, 02:06 PM
^ not a chance.... That would mean we would need that season they call winter... being cali born and raised im not sure what this winter season is they talk about but hope we get it!

DarkShadow
04-16-2015, 02:34 PM
Does anyone have any last words or reflections they would like to print and make public as this might be your chance.

Can it be in form of a haiku? It can? Awesome.

Diamond Valley Lake
Private boaters weren't allowed?
Those were the fun days.

Word has it they may be back open by November.... Just heard this.

Where are they gonna get the water from? Or are they pouring more cement and extending the launch ramp?

seal
04-16-2015, 02:41 PM
I thought they had the ramp extension but needed to wait till it got down further to implement. Is this the reason she may be open again in November?

Oh and stay the hell away from Silverwood! I hear Skinner is a much better lake.

gogreeenz4
04-16-2015, 02:48 PM
^^^ yeah skinner is way better for sure go there! hahahahaha

Lady Quagga
04-16-2015, 02:51 PM

Diamond Valley Lake
Private boaters weren't allowed?
Those were the fun days.

Haiku? Hell, we need some limericks.

There once was a lake named the Diamond.
But the drought is now showing its islands.
They closed the lake down
To most of the clowns
And now renters shout out to Poseidon.

HawgZWylde
04-16-2015, 03:11 PM
I thought they had the ramp extension but needed to wait till it got down further to implement. Is this the reason she may be open again in November?

Oh and stay the hell away from Silverwood! I hear Skinner is a much better lake.

They do in fact have already poured ramp slabs ready to go behind the marina store. They can't add them until the water is below the point of excavation for each slab they add. As for a November opening? I think it's wishful thinking as it all depends on rainfall and snowpack. If this drought continues into the next couple of years the entire east end could end up hi and dry. It will take years to fill the lake but at least the ramp being longer will make the opening a little sooner. But if we don't get rain, DVL won't be the only lakes to shut down and the damage to the fisheries will be extensive...

Stinkbait
04-16-2015, 04:38 PM
Im at a dog park right now.
If I had a foaty , I would poor some out for a fallen comrad.

GdHkSet1
04-16-2015, 05:06 PM
Had a great time there glad I was able to fish it with family and friends. Rod cya in town man...

inthroughtheocean
04-16-2015, 06:08 PM
You guys can say goodbye to it but I'm still gonna fish it. It's not like it's closing so......

BentRod
04-16-2015, 06:15 PM
F*** that place! Haha . Everybody calm down just kidding!

HuskerRod
04-16-2015, 06:48 PM
Guys since i started this thread may i add a poem:

"Dvl was great...If it ever reopens to privates who volunteers to be my first mate....
It had stripers and bass.....and an occasional jackass(like the guy mugged in the shack)..
A november opening would be splendid, but that lake drops any lower that ramp walk will make one winded...
In the meantime we will all disperse and lets hope this water situation doesnt get worse..
So for now good bye to Stan, the entire lake staff, and lets hope a grand rereopening is in the master plan

DarkShadow
04-16-2015, 08:36 PM
Guys since i started...

Haiku or limerick, Rod.

shinbob
04-16-2015, 08:57 PM

No launch at the Jewel?
Perris can't be far behind
Spotted Bass rejoice

HuskerRod
04-16-2015, 09:24 PM
I hope and pray the low water situation at perris doesnt negatively effect the spotted bass population over there. Having dvl close stinks, but if i cant get my "spot" fix in im screwed. I guess ive slways get corvina and sargo at the Salton Sea as a fall back

TroutOnly
04-16-2015, 10:01 PM
she always treated me good rod. now lets all go to silverwood...................lol............

Stormcrow
04-17-2015, 09:36 AM
Where are they gonna get the water from? Or are they pouring more cement and extending the launch ramp?

I don't know...This is what the lady at the top of lake management at the MWD told my friend Larry.... Apparently a long closure is not in the works even if drought continues. I don't know any details.

HuskerRod
04-17-2015, 12:33 PM
Well gang if the lake drops 44 feet as specified by the marina staff that would push the water line to about 200 feet west of the attenuator. I guess if a guy had a tractor, a winch, and some of those "monster truck" tires launching could very well be a possibility.

seal
04-17-2015, 02:53 PM
she always treated me good rod. now lets all go to silverwood...................lol............

Take that back!

JAG107
04-18-2015, 05:37 PM
Take that back!

Yeah! Everyone knows all the big stripers are at Skinner and Perris! And the trout ate all the greencarps at the Wood!

Matt_Magnone
04-21-2015, 07:34 AM
Gonna miss running all around that lake like a bat out of hell. Now I'm going to have to walk like a mad man. Time to get some snake boots!

Truly a loss.

Dsrt Tortise
04-21-2015, 08:32 PM
I was number 197 to have a MWD Sticker at the very first lake boat registration and inspection. I even have kept proudly the little blue box and lanyard that was given to me that day. That was many moons ago but will never be missed. THIS LAKE WILL SURVIVE and PROSPER AGAIN!!!

Dsrt Tortise :Big Grin::Big Grin::Singing In Rain::Fishing Hole::Singing In Rain:

ezfishn
04-22-2015, 06:03 PM
And to think enough runoff water in this state to have prevented these kind of closures but the kangaroo rats and beetles are still safe. It must be a plot to overthrow the quagga mussels....LOL Sorry just ranting since this is the 2nd time in less than 10yrs. Ten years is long enough to have at least started some flood control or dams to help capture the wasted runoff which would generate some jobs but keep getting shut down by the environmentalists. But I always look at the bright side, we don't have any Asian carp "yet"....LOL

BassinPLS
04-23-2015, 07:12 AM
And to think enough runoff water in this state to have prevented these kind of closures but the kangaroo rats and beetles are still safe. It must be a plot to overthrow the quagga mussels....LOL Sorry just ranting since this is the 2nd time in less than 10yrs. Ten years is long enough to have at least started some flood control or dams to help capture the wasted runoff which would generate some jobs but keep getting shut down by the environmentalists. But I always look at the bright side, we don't have any Asian carp "yet"....LOL

And we need a Bullet Train like we need a hole in our heads!

HuskerRod
04-23-2015, 07:45 PM

Yah, the quagga mussle is getting the short end of the stick in this drought. We need more water in dvl to allow them to puliferate. Thats my argument to sacraMento...lol

DarkShadow
04-24-2015, 08:52 AM

More reservoirs and desalination plants!

DEVOREFLYER
04-24-2015, 08:58 AM
DVL was the last Reservoir to be built in Komifornia 1989...................

catfishruss
04-29-2015, 02:44 PM
maybe they will finally open the rock quarry to shore fishing. Can't I sign a waiver or something to fish it?

HawgZWylde
04-29-2015, 03:07 PM
maybe they will finally open the rock quarry to shore fishing. Can't I sign a waiver or something to fish it?

You mean cliff diving right?