PDA

View Full Version : The drought !

old pudd fisher
04-14-2015, 07:43 PM
Are ya going to cut way back on your lawn watering? I have and so have my neighbors, sure hate to see my lawn go brown but it has to be. I always had a nice green lawn to enjoy. Well I guess I wont be mowing as much this summer, heck I liked mowing it and making it look nice.

JHDucky
04-14-2015, 08:10 PM
Yes me too. I had total knee replacement in August and had to sell my gardening/landscape business. The surgeon strongly recommended I get out of that business so my new knee would last longer. Now with these water restriction a lot of people will not want weekly service for their yards, so I guess it was good timing on that surgery.

DEVOREFLYER
04-14-2015, 08:43 PM
I have mixed feeling about any cut back of water use. I have 1.59 acres of property and have cut back water use to the .5 landscaped acres around my home. My 21 tree fruit orchard has been removed except one only Apricot tree. Lost two 30 year old pine trees out of the nine that are on my property due to the drought and pine bark beetles last summer. I cut my water use by over 30% last year and do not plan to reduce it any further. I live in a very high fire hazard area and I want/need a green belt for fire protection. I have been through several major fires during my time living here and the green belt and fire protection measures I have is why my house is standing. This summer and fall is going to be a fire tinder box.

old pudd fisher
04-14-2015, 09:14 PM
Don't blame ya keep it watered, I know how Devore can be.

DEVOREFLYER
04-14-2015, 09:45 PM
I have mowed down and sprayed Roundup on roughly 1 acre of my property for water saving and fire protection. In the upper right of the photo are the two pines that were killed that I will be cutting down in the next few weeks, free firewood for someone. The home is surrounded by a green belt and area around my workshop is clear of vegetation.

http://i.imgur.com/QETcG5h.jpg

Ifishtoolittle
04-14-2015, 10:40 PM
Roundup poisons the soil! One thing you could've done to get more milage out of your watering devo is to mulch your trees. And I mean mulch the hell out of it. Woodchips really lock moisture into the ground.

DEVOREFLYER
04-14-2015, 11:20 PM
No need to mulch pine trees as they constantly shed needles and it not unusual to average 6" depth of needles under the trees. Rake back the needles and the soil is always damp under the needles. I also would get two dump truck loads of mulch every year delivered. And I much prefer Roundup to the Weed Oil that was used for many years for weed control. Use to buy weed oil during the 1970's (a mixture of used motor oil and diesel fuel) from the County Ag dept, County road dept sprayed all of the road right of ways with it.

John Harper
04-15-2015, 06:35 AM
Growing up in the orchards around Fillmore, I've sprayed weed oil, paraquat, Roundup, etc. I've not heard that Roundup affects soil, but it's been a while since my weed spraying days.

John

DEVOREFLYER
04-15-2015, 07:53 AM
If your old enough do you remember "Smudge Pots". Used to get side work in high school lighting them late at night in the citrus orchards when a freeze was forecast. While the minimum wage was $1.25 an hour Ag work paid .75 cent an hour and it wasn't illegals doing the work either. No complaints as a teenager gas was .25 cents a gallon and McDonalds for under a dollar could feed ya (hamburgers .15 and fries and a Coke .10 each). Oh and the drive-in movie was only a dollar for a car load. I have sprayed Roundup and waited a week and then planted a garden and never had a problem.

John Harper
04-15-2015, 08:34 AM
If your old enough do you remember "Smudge Pots". Used to get side work in high school lighting them late at night in the citrus orchards when a freeze was forecast. While the minimum wage was $1.25 an hour Ag work paid .75 cent an hour and it wasn't illegals doing the work either. No complaints as a teenager gas was .25 cents a gallon and McDonalds for under a dollar could feed ya (hamburgers .15 and fries and a Coke .10 each). Oh and the drive-in movie was only a dollar for a car load. I have sprayed Roundup and waited a week and then planted a garden and never had a problem.

Yes, lighting smudge pots was one of the first jobs you could actually be hired for before you were 16 years old. The entire Santa Clara River valley had a thick layer of smoke above it on the days after the smudge pots were fired up. Pretty surreal scene to see all the fires going within the orchards.

We had a bracero camp just down the road from our house. It stayed vacant most the year until they brought workers up from Mexico to harvest the citrus.

John

Stormcrow
04-15-2015, 09:04 AM
I have cut back, but you can still water your lawn. Most people water their lawn far too much and most of the water runs off as waste. Your lawn doesn't have to go brown. Here are some tips:

Set your timers to 1 minute every 2 days.
Set the watering time to 1 hour before dawn....right now thats like 5:15....OR right after sunset... like about 8:00

These are opportune times when water wont evaporate and increases the take up rate. Also, Aerate your lawn with a core roller. This helps too and I do it once every 18 months... I plan on keeping my lawn green with just 1 minute of water every 2 days all summer long.

City Dad
04-15-2015, 10:24 AM
I have mowed down and sprayed Roundup on roughly 1 acre of my property for water saving and fire protection. In the upper right of the photo are the two pines that were killed that I will be cutting down in the next few weeks, free firewood for someone. The home is surrounded by a green belt and area around my workshop is clear of vegetation.

http://i.imgur.com/QETcG5h.jpg

Is that LQ I see hiding in the bushes up top?

DarkShadow
04-15-2015, 10:41 AM
I'm siphoning water from Lincoln Park to water my almond trees and alfalfa pastures.

I hear it's a very popular practice up north (http://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/california-deltas-water-mysteriously-missing-amid-drought-30247087).

Plus, now LQ has something to drink in the backyard.

gogreeenz4
04-15-2015, 01:17 PM
80% of water goes to agriculture which is roughly 5% of Californias GDP....... make sense!

DarkShadow
04-15-2015, 02:41 PM
80% of water goes to agriculture which is roughly 5% of Californias GDP....... make sense!

But those numbers are wrong, GoGreenz, according to our resident economist/dry wall installer on the board:

Not so fast. What they fail to tell you is how much of the economy spins off that agriculture. Sure, the vegetables, fruits and almonds may bring in 50 billion $$$ of and by themselves, but what about the trucking? The shipping? The ports? The dockworkers? Gas stations, restaurants, grocery stores, housing, construction and all it's related trades, city and town workers, county workers, mechanics, teachers, cops, firefighters etc. etc. ect. Most San Joaquin Valley towns, cities and counties are all support for agriculture. And those add up to far more than 50 billion $$$.

Leftists never tell the whole story and always spin when they think they can get away with it. Jonathan Gruber said something about that...

So yeah, as our resident Adam Smith said, that 5% is really about 5.2%, because there's lots of farming equipment, club sandwiches, Coors Light and Carhartt overalls that these farmers have to buy which trickle down into the economy.

Now, you may ask, 'What about the other farmers whose crops don't need so much water to grow? Doesn't the growing of their crops also contribute to more than just the products they sell, just like the ones who decided it was a good idea to grow thirsty crops in the desert? Don't they also contribute to the trucking? The shipping? The ports? The dockworkers? Gas stations, restaurants, grocery stores, housing, construction and all it's related trades, city and town workers, county workers, mechanics, teachers, cops, firefighters etc. etc. etc [sic]."

Perhaps our resident Adam Smith can also answer that one for us too.

City Dad
04-15-2015, 02:53 PM
I wonder how much water alfalfa and other livestock feed crops use up. Or cotton.

DarkShadow
04-15-2015, 02:57 PM
I wonder how much water alfalfa and other livestock feed crops use up. Or cotton.

Who cares how much water the use!! Do you realize that the livestock roam around and crap all over the stream bed and destroy it?

But guess what? That enables the shoe salesman to sell more shoes because once you step on a fresh mud pie, you can't get that stink off. So in turn, you go around and buy new shoes, thus stimulating the economy! You then need to go to Kmart to get soap to wash off the stink, thus further stimulating the economy. The person at Kmart gets paid, so they go and get a thick steak for dinner, made from the cow who crapped on the ground, who some guy stepped on, who then bought new pairs of shoes and soap from Kmart.

old pudd fisher
04-16-2015, 09:15 PM
Who cares how much water the use!! Do you realize that the livestock roam around and crap all over the stream bed and destroy it?

But guess what? That enables the shoe salesman to sell more shoes because once you step on a fresh mud pie, you can't get that stink off. So in turn, you go around and buy new shoes, thus stimulating the economy! You then need to go to Kmart to get soap to wash off the stink, thus further stimulating the economy. The person at Kmart gets paid, so they go and get a thick steak for dinner, made from the cow who crapped on the ground, who some guy stepped on, who then bought new pairs of shoes and soap from Kmart.

As the world turns in the days of our lives.

old pudd fisher
04-21-2015, 08:14 PM
I have cut back, but you can still water your lawn. Most people water their lawn far too much and most of the water runs off as waste. Your lawn doesn't have to go brown. Here are some tips:

Set your timers to 1 minute every 2 days.
Set the watering time to 1 hour before dawn....right now thats like 5:15....OR right after sunset... like about 8:00

These are opportune times when water wont evaporate and increases the take up rate. Also, Aerate your lawn with a core roller. This helps too and I do it once every 18 months... I plan on keeping my lawn green with just 1 minute of water every 2 days all summer long.
Thanks Crow I do the same just about for my lawn I love my drip watering system, I have four of these battery powered timers for my plants and small vegetable garden.46114

HawgZWylde
04-24-2015, 08:07 AM
But those numbers are wrong, GoGreenz, according to our resident economist/dry wall installer on the board:

So yeah, as our resident Adam Smith said, that 5% is really about 5.2%, because there's lots of farming equipment, club sandwiches, Coors Light and Carhartt overalls that these farmers have to buy which trickle down into the economy.

Now, you may ask, 'What about the other farmers whose crops don't need so much water to grow? Doesn't the growing of their crops also contribute to more than just the products they sell, just like the ones who decided it was a good idea to grow thirsty crops in the desert? Don't they also contribute to the trucking? The shipping? The ports? The dockworkers? Gas stations, restaurants, grocery stores, housing, construction and all it's related trades, city and town workers, county workers, mechanics, teachers, cops, firefighters etc. etc. etc [sic]."

Perhaps our resident Adam Smith can also answer that one for us too.

Why must you spin and lie in order to discredit, facts are facts. You want to keep pushing that percentage and continue to leave out the fact that the entire valley's economy is based on agriculture. I spelled it out for you and you still ignorantly choose to minimize the economic damage that could occur to the entire valley and state, not just the farms.

Drywaller? Where did you get that little tidbit of false info? Sure I do drywall, but I also build anything from commercial to residential buildings from offsite's to the finish of the structure itself. Again, you spin and lie to attempt to make yourself relevant.

Lol, seems I'm in your head dude, you've been making attempts to draw me into your irrelevance all over these threads, poor baby...

HawgZWylde
04-24-2015, 08:17 AM
And the stupidity and scam continues;
http://www.mercurynews.com/drought/ci_27976178/california-drought-environmental-group-sues-drain-hetch-hetchy

The attorneys and eco nazi's gravy train lawsuits continue and you Joe taxpayer get to foot the bill.

Hey DS, this is right up you alley...

Brent
04-24-2015, 08:57 AM
And the stupidity and scam continues;
http://www.mercurynews.com/drought/ci_27976178/california-drought-environmental-group-sues-drain-hetch-hetchy

The attorneys and eco nazi's gravy train lawsuits continue and you Joe taxpayer get to foot the bill.

Hey DS, this is right up you alley...

Only problem.
You're 'neo eco Nazi' Dianne Feinstein opposed the proposal. So what are you trying to point out?
That there's someone trying to drain the reservoir and of course it has to be "those damn liberals". Looks like even she (Feinstein) thinks it's a bad idea.
Try again.

HawgZWylde
04-24-2015, 09:43 AM
Only problem.
You're 'neo eco Nazi' Dianne Feinstein opposed the proposal. So what are you trying to point out?
That there's someone trying to drain the reservoir and of course it has to be "those damn liberals". Looks like even she (Feinstein) thinks it's a bad idea.
Try again.

Lol, ohhh man dude did you even bother to read the article?

My "neo eco nazi Dianne Feinstein"? WTF are you talking about? LOL. Of course she opposes it, it's HER community that would lose the water, right? But the whole point went right over you're head. And where did I say liberals? I said "attorneys and eco nazis", did I not? But now that you mentioned it, most eco nazis are in fact under the progressive liberal banner...

http://i248.photobucket.com/albums/gg198/ProfessorofTruth/War%20and%20Peace/dianne_feinstein.jpg (http://media.photobucket.com/user/ProfessorofTruth/media/War%20and%20Peace/dianne_feinstein.jpg.html)

Stormcrow
04-24-2015, 10:01 AM
Lol, ohhh man dude did you even bother to read the article?

My "neo eco nazi Dianne Feinstein"? WTF are you talking about? LOL. Of course she opposes it, it's HER community that would lose the water, right? But the whole point went right over you're head. And where did I say liberals? I said "attorneys and eco nazis", did I not? But now that you mentioned it, most eco nazis are in fact under the progressive liberal banner...

http://i248.photobucket.com/albums/gg198/ProfessorofTruth/War%20and%20Peace/dianne_feinstein.jpg (http://media.photobucket.com/user/ProfessorofTruth/media/War%20and%20Peace/dianne_feinstein.jpg.html)

Its actually funny...Liberals tout themselves as progressives and free thinkers.

I have never seen more intolerant and restrictive policy and action and a more anti progressive rhetoric before...And this is one of, if not the most liberal states in the union!

youronecastshort
04-24-2015, 10:14 AM
Monsanto (round up) is as bad as big tobacco companies in the 80s they did a study and found that a chemical in round up is linked to cancer but did there best to hide it big companies like this know the harm they are doing and yet we still allow them to be made and sold

DarkShadow
04-24-2015, 10:33 AM
Why must you spin and lie in order to discredit, facts are facts. You want to keep pushing that percentage and continue to leave out the fact that the entire valley's economy is based on agriculture. I spelled it out for you and you still ignorantly choose to minimize the economic damage that could occur to the entire valley and state, not just the farms.

No where have I said to shut down farming in its entirety, that's ludicrous. In fact, if you had reading comprehension as a skill set, you'll notice that my opinion is that we need to analyze the farmers whose crops use a disproportionate amount of water in relation to how much they contribute to California's GDP. But good job creating a fallacy and saying that I want to shut down all farmers, and then running off arguing against that. Straw man, much?

The funniest part is the fact that my quote included me asking you something that you didn't even respond to. So either you can't read, or avoid peoples' questions to you.

Speaking of lying:

Drywaller? Where did you get that little tidbit of false info?

And then literally, one sentence later:

Sure I do drywall...

Lol, seems I'm in your head dude, you've been making attempts to draw me into your irrelevance all over these threads, poor baby...

Draw you in? Your mindless drivel is expected in threads like these, and you sure don't disappoint. You're the gift that keeps on giving.

Stormcrow
04-24-2015, 10:54 AM
Draw you in? Your mindless drivel is expected in threads like these, and you sure don't disappoint. You're the gift that keeps on giving.

LOL funny, only you and Quagga use that phrase...: "mindless drivel"...And although I give you some credit for intelligence and quick thinking from time to time, both of you believe any statement contrary to your way of thinking or opinion is "mindless drivel" Is that a testament to your so called.....wait for it....open hearted tolerance and free thinking that liberals pride themselves on?

Lady Quagga
04-24-2015, 11:53 AM
LOL funny, only you and Quagga use that phrase...: "mindless drivel"...And although I give you some credit for intelligence and quick thinking from time to time, both of you believe any statement contrary to your way of thinking or opinion is "mindless drivel" Is that a testament to your so called.....wait for it....open hearted tolerance and free thinking that liberals pride themselves on?

So you noticed we use the same phrase. It's a shame you didn't use your keen sense of observation before suggesting (a) we only use it when we oppose a particular view, or (b) that I or DarkShadow are liberals. Having an opposing or unpopular view is one thing; making unfounded (and at times factually incorrect) statements is another. This is the basis for the "mindless drivel" you and others have engaged in, time and time again.

HawgZWylde
04-24-2015, 12:14 PM

Tolerance is what they preach but it's not in their beliefs.

http://i1303.photobucket.com/albums/ag145/Hawgz_Wylde/_20141018_091313_zpseeb1e561.jpg (http://s1303.photobucket.com/user/Hawgz_Wylde/media/_20141018_091313_zpseeb1e561.jpg.html)

They're all the same Stormcrow, man or woman...

HawgZWylde
04-24-2015, 12:42 PM
[QOUTE]No where have I said to shut down farming in its entirety, that's ludicrous. In fact, if you had reading comprehension as a skill set, you'll notice that my opinion is that we need to analyze the farmers whose crops use a disproportionate amount of water in relation to how much they contribute to California's GDP. But good job creating a fallacy and saying that I want to shut down all farmers, and then running off arguing against that. Straw man, much?

The funniest part is the fact that my quote included me asking you something that you didn't even respond to. So either you can't read, or avoid peoples' questions to you.

Neither did I. I simply pointed out the fallacy of using the percentage derived from just the product itself and not all that is connected to it. But in your zest to character assassinate me you spin my words out of context. That's so liberal of you.

Speaking of lying:

Out of context there much DS?

Hey, like your boss says, somebody's got to call out your BS. Glad I can help out...

etucker1959
04-24-2015, 02:02 PM

http://i1303.photobucket.com/albums/ag145/Hawgz_Wylde/_20141018_091313_zpseeb1e561.jpg (http://s1303.photobucket.com/user/Hawgz_Wylde/media/_20141018_091313_zpseeb1e561.jpg.html)

Are we??????? lol I would like to think of myself as a compromiser and someone who likes to use a little common sense. Facts are facts and we are in a severe drought, No Duh!!!!!!! So we do have to do something because business as usual is not an option anymore. Even though I find the jabs at each other some what amusing, this really is a serious issue that affects everyone, so you should really leave the clever insults out of the discussion!!!!(even though they are funny) I think a common sense approach should be taken on how to fairly distribute the water. We all agree that farming uses the most percentage of the water. So let's start there, it shouldn't be very hard to figure out what the most water using crops are and see if there is another crop that will still be profitable for the farmers, but still saving a lot of water. They then give could be given a fair allotment of water sufficient enough to bring their crops in. For us city dwellers the only thing we have to negotiate with is our lawns!!!! There is many things we can do about that, but I don't think I need to list them, but I could if requested!!!!! lol

DarkShadow
04-24-2015, 02:15 PM
Neither did I. I simply pointed out the fallacy of using the percentage derived from just the product itself and not all that is connected to it. But in your zest to character assassinate me you spin my words out of context. That's so liberal of you.

Out of context there much DS?

Hey, like your boss says, somebody's got to call out your BS. Glad I can help out...

I hope you don't install dry wall as well as you quote.

Stormcrow
04-24-2015, 02:26 PM
So you noticed we use the same phrase. It's a shame you didn't use your keen sense of observation before suggesting (a) we only use it when we oppose a particular view, or (b) that I or DarkShadow are liberals. Having an opposing or unpopular view is one thing; making unfounded (and at times factually incorrect) statements is another. This is the basis for the "mindless drivel" you and others have engaged in, time and time again.

LAUGH!!! One thing my keen sense of observation has noticed is that you always take an opposing viewpoint, which, over time, has caused you to contradict yourself on multiple occasions over the years....

There is a definition for that...its called a: TROLL.

City Dad
04-24-2015, 02:26 PM
Are we??????? lol I would like to think of myself as a compromiser and someone who likes to use a little common sense. Facts are facts and we are in a severe drought, No Duh!!!!!!! So we do have to do something because business as usual is not an option anymore. Even though I find the jabs at each other some what amusing, this really is a serious issue that affects everyone, so you should really leave the clever insults out of the discussion!!!!(even though they are funny) I think a common sense approach should be taken on how to fairly distribute the water. We all agree that farming uses the most percentage of the water. So let's start there, it shouldn't be very hard to figure out what the most water using crops are. See if there is another crop that will still be profitable for the farmers, but still save a lot of water and give them enough water for those crops!!! For us city dwellers the only thing we have to negotiate with is our lawns!!!! There is many things we can do about that, but I don't think I need to list them, but I could if requested!!!!! lol

I think the only interesting question left is which growers are gonna go dry first. should be an interesting reflection of the power and patronage matrix no only for Cali., but the rest of the World. My guess is fruit.

Stormcrow
04-24-2015, 02:27 PM
I think the only interesting question left is which growers are gonna go dry first. should be an interesting reflection of the power and patronage matrix no only for Cali., but the rest of the World. My guess is fruit.

My guess is almonds and walnuts....

Lady Quagga
04-24-2015, 02:34 PM
One thing my keen sense of observation has noticed is that you always take an opposing viewpoint, which, over time, has caused you to contradict yourself on multiple occasions over the years....

Point out one occasion.

Lady Quagga
04-24-2015, 02:40 PM

Marijuana. Followed by Kombucha tea.

Lady Quagga
04-24-2015, 02:54 PM
Heh, Hawggy preaching about the intolerance of liberals:

This from the idiot who said:

What are my beliefs? If you are a liberal, you have no common sense.

What was it DS said? Oh yes:

You work in hypocrisy like Dali worked in oils.

HawgZWylde
04-24-2015, 03:07 PM
Are we??????? lol I would like to think of myself as a compromiser and someone who likes to use a little common sense. Facts are facts and we are in a severe drought, No Duh!!!!!!! So we do have to do something because business as usual is not an option anymore. Even though I find the jabs at each other some what amusing, this really is a serious issue that affects everyone, so you should really leave the clever insults out of the discussion!!!!(even though they are funny) I think a common sense approach should be taken on how to fairly distribute the water. We all agree that farming uses the most percentage of the water. So let's start there, it shouldn't be very hard to figure out what the most water using crops are and see if there is another crop that will still be profitable for the farmers, but still saving a lot of water. They then give could be given a fair allotment of water sufficient enough to bring their crops in. For us city dwellers the only thing we have to negotiate with is our lawns!!!! There is many things we can do about that, but I don't think I need to list them, but I could if requested!!!!! lol

I agree with you tucker. As for the insults? Meh, just throwing their game back at them. And I've stopped watering my lawn altogether. Last year I cut it in half. My lawn is now for the most part, dead...

HawgZWylde
04-24-2015, 03:11 PM
I hope you don't install dry wall as well as you quote.

My quotes are almost always fine, just had to use my phone this time which is quite difficult with the damaged nerves in my hand...

HawgZWylde
04-24-2015, 03:12 PM
Heh, Hawggy preaching about the intolerance of liberals:

This from the idiot who said:

What was it DS said? Oh yes:

Lol, that's not intolerance, it's simply pointing out facts...

Lady Quagga
04-24-2015, 03:28 PM
Lol, that's not intolerance, it's simply pointing out facts...

Ah. So by your definition, when we point out what idiots you and your ilk are, we're not being intolerant - just simply pointing out facts.

Thanks for the clarification, CerdoLoco! :Thumbs Up:

DEVOREFLYER
04-24-2015, 04:01 PM
A little ditty on where the water really goes. Seems that 80% for AG is BS....

http://i.imgur.com/wqJoAHm.png

Oh and that Wild and Scenic River thing is one of the many reasons new dams and reservoir haven't been built. No dam, reservoir, diversion, or other water impoundment facility may be constructed on any river segment included in the system.
http://www.friendsoftheriver.org/site/PageServer?pagename=FORCaliforniaWildScenic

etucker1959
04-24-2015, 04:07 PM
I agree with you tucker. As for the insults? Meh, just throwing their game back at them. And I've stopped watering my lawn altogether. Last year I cut it in half. My lawn is now for the most part, dead...
If they could come up with catch phrase for people who did what you did to your lawn, "it would help promote that idea!!" Off the top of my head you could call it, "A Liberty Lawn!" The kind of lawn all true patriots have in California!!!!! lol

Brent
04-24-2015, 04:12 PM

I could swear you were describing Fox News LQ.

HawgZWylde
04-24-2015, 04:22 PM
Ah. So by your definition, when we point out what idiots you and your ilk are, we're not being intolerant - just simply pointing out facts.

Thanks for the clarification, CerdoLoco! :Thumbs Up:

Thing is you don't use facts, just ad hominem attacks. You are a classic Troll. Here, you have never stated your political positions, and in fact have contradicted yourself as Stormcrow stated. You only attack those to the right and not the left. Hey, are you attending those social demorat gatherings at Natural Lefties?

Oh, and BTW, has Katy Perry contacted you about using the left shark logo?

HawgZWylde
04-24-2015, 04:24 PM

Oh and that Wild and Scenic River thing is one of the many reasons new dams and reservoir haven't been built. No dam, reservoir, diversion, or other water impoundment facility may be constructed on any river segment included in the system.
http://www.friendsoftheriver.org/site/PageServer?pagename=FORCaliforniaWildScenic

Shhh, their heads explode when you present facts Dev...

trail blazer
04-24-2015, 04:35 PM
That right there is the leader of the mod squad herself,,

:LOL::LOL::LOL:,,,lmao

Look she,s talking to T/B again,,,,,,,

Quick you stupid broad,,lol the goat pics the goat pics lol

TRAIL BLAZER

Lady Quagga
04-24-2015, 04:59 PM
Thing is you don't use facts, just ad hominem attacks.

This is a blanket statement, and simply incorrect. When warranted, I most certainly use facts. Of course, when dealing with your stupidity, it's rarely necessary. I need only hold up the mirror to your inane babbling, and let you put your foot in your mouth all on your own.

Here, you have never stated your political positions

That is a prevarication.

and in fact have contradicted yourself as Stormcrow stated.

As I told Crow: cite one example.

Hey, are you attending those social demorat gatherings at Natural Lefties?

Nope.

Oh, and BTW, has Katy Perry contacted you about using the left shark logo?

Unfortunately, no. But a Quagga can dream....

Lady Quagga
04-24-2015, 05:02 PM
Quick you stupid broad,,lol the goat pics the goat pics lol

Easy there, chief. We can't possibly hope to resupply ruminants at the rate you perforate their colons....

trail blazer
04-24-2015, 05:17 PM
Easy there, chief. We can't possibly hope to resupply ruminants at the rate you perforate their colons....

See as I said

The pic fits you perfectly

uncanny .

Hawgzy You have hit the bulls eye here

Stormcrow
04-24-2015, 06:44 PM
Point out one occasion.

(Bigger laugh) Asking me to do such a thing implies that you require proof...Unfortunately for you, I have no desire to dig through countless pages of your "mindless drivel" searching for the proof. As stated before, I have a life beyond these boards...Working, fishing, the gym, Buffalo Wild Wings on a Friday night, little league games, and so forth. Fortunately for me, most agree concerning your troll mentality here so proof is only necessary for you, not for the rest of us...Remember who your dealing with here. You must have forgotten. Still bringing your rubber knives and rosary beads to a gun fight.

Nice try though....you had me for 1/9356895623178 of a second.

Lady Quagga
04-24-2015, 07:01 PM
(Bigger laugh) Asking me to do such a thing implies that you require proof...Unfortunately for you, I have no desire to dig through countless pages of your "mindless drivel" searching for the proof. As stated before, I have a life beyond these boards...Working, fishing, the gym, Buffalo Wild Wings on a Friday night, little league games, and so forth. Fortunately for me, most agree concerning your troll mentality here so proof is only necessary for you, not for the rest of us...Remember who your dealing with here. You must have forgotten. Still bringing your rubber knives and rosary beads to a gun fight.

Nice try though....you had me for 1/9356895623178 of a second.

You have no proof. You're a liar and you know it. You can talk about your "life beyond these boards" and speak in dim-witted metaphors all you want. You lied, you got called on it, and you've got nothing.

Remember who I'm dealing with? Get a goddamn clue you nincompoop.

Stormcrow
04-24-2015, 11:44 PM
You have no proof. You're a liar and you know it. You can talk about your "life beyond these boards" and speak in dim-witted metaphors all you want. You lied, you got called on it, and you've got nothing.

Remember who I'm dealing with? Get a goddamn clue you nincompoop.

HAAAHAHAHAHA I lied? How? By defining you as a troll? Really? You need proof of THAT? HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHA HAHAHAH

Lets not start this again......

Honestly, you walk like a duck, talk like a duck, you must be...... well, you get it I hope. You're simply mad because you got called out on it. Rage more?

Lady Quagga
04-25-2015, 12:06 AM
HAAAHAHAHAHA I lied? How? By defining you as a troll? Really? You need proof of THAT? HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHA HAHAHAH

Lets not start this again......

Honestly, you walk like a duck, talk like a duck, you must be...... well, you get it I hope. You're simply mad because you got called out on it. Rage more?

You've called me out on exactly nothing. You made an unsubstantiated allegation. (And no, it wasn't about you labelling me a troll, you goddamn idiot.) You made a claim which was a lie, you were challenged to offer evidence to support your lie, and of course were unable to do so. You still can't. So go piss up the school flagpole, you dolt.

trail blazer
04-25-2015, 07:59 AM
Shes squirming again stormcrow,,,lol of course she will deny it LOL ,

The nagging ,worthless bitc,h throws the g word around like grass seed and thinks that that is the only side of the envelope that has been pushed out BUT ???

You know what you need L/Q?

a life. somewhere where your mouth is less responsible for your entertainment then your actions.

HawgZWylde
04-25-2015, 09:01 AM
You've called me out on exactly nothing. You made an unsubstantiated allegation. (And no, it wasn't about you labelling me a troll, you goddamn idiot.) You made a claim which was a lie, you were challenged to offer evidence to support your lie, and of course were unable to do so. You still can't. So go piss up the school flagpole, you dolt.

You are indeed a liar. You have called several of us FNN members liars, bigots, racists, hypocrites, extreme right wingers, neo-cons etc. etc. Which are all blatant lies. You are a leftist Troll who pretends to play the "I'm not a liberal" game yet the only people you attack are those who oppose the far leftists who comprise most of the current democrat party. It baffles me why you are still allowed on this board with the vile tactics and attacks you perpetuate against other members of FNN. You make extremely vile and cruel posts and change them at will without the "edit" tab appearing at the bottom of the "changed" post. Telling, indeed. You and your knuckle-dragger followers also threadjack legitimate posts at will with your mindless, sarcastic "humor" and personal attacks who only you and your crew find amusing in order to take that thread completely off topic. You are a classic Troll, everybody here knows it and many here either stopped posting or will not post due to fear of completely being character assassinated by you and your knucle-dragging arrogant, elitist and imagined intellectually superior "Geek Squad".

Just the fact that you deny being a Troll makes you a liar and a hypocrite too boot. Now as you told me when I mentioned to you that my mother has just passed, go "suck it"...

Lady Quagga
04-25-2015, 11:10 AM
You are indeed a liar. You have called several of us FNN members liars, bigots, racists, hypocrites, extreme right wingers, neo-cons etc. etc. Which are all blatant lies.

Blatant lies? That is patently false. And I'm not the only one who's demonstrated the lies, bigotry/racism, extremism and hypocrisy that you and your ilk have expressed.

You are a leftist Troll who pretends to play the "I'm not a liberal" game yet the only people you attack are those who oppose the far leftists who comprise most of the current democrat party. It baffles me why you are still allowed on this board with the vile tactics and attacks you perpetuate against other members of FNN. You make extremely vile and cruel posts and change them at will without the "edit" tab appearing at the bottom of the "changed" post. Telling, indeed. You and your knuckle-dragger followers also threadjack legitimate posts at will with your mindless, sarcastic "humor" and personal attacks who only you and your crew find amusing in order to take that thread completely off topic. You are a classic Troll, everybody here knows it and many here either stopped posting or will not post due to fear of completely being character assassinated by you and your knucle-dragging arrogant, elitist and imagined intellectually superior "Geek Squad".

There's no need to take apart this little pissypants tantrum of yours. All this ground has been covered before. Go look it up.

Just the fact that you deny being a Troll makes you a liar and a hypocrite too boot. Now as you told me when I mentioned to you that my mother has just passed, go "suck it"...

Stay focused Hawggy - this had nothing to do with being labeled a troll. I challenged the assertion:

you always take an opposing viewpoint, which, over time, has caused you to contradict yourself on multiple occasions over the years....

Both you and Crow have failed to offer any sort of proof that I've "contradicted myself on multiple occasions". And you never will, because it's never happened.

Stormcrow
04-25-2015, 03:53 PM

No no no lady Q....Nice try though....one HUGE error among your many....you say I am UNABLE to do so...No no no...sad troll...I am UNWILLING to do so.

Get it right. or GTFO

OH AND BY THE WAY...in your reply above to Cerdo Loco, you CONTRADICT YOURSELF RIGHT THERE....You say "PATENTLY FALSE" then follow up with "IM NOT THE ONLY ONE."

LOLOLOL as always, you entertain. I love slapping you around on this board.

Lady Quagga
04-25-2015, 04:45 PM
No no no lady Q....Nice try though....one HUGE error among your many....you say I am UNABLE to do so...No no no...sad troll...I am UNWILLING to do so.

There is no error. That you're unwilling to do so is a matter of personal choice. That you're unable to do so is a matter of fact.

OH AND BY THE WAY...in your reply above to Cerdo Loco, you CONTRADICT YOURSELF RIGHT THERE....You say "PATENTLY FALSE" then follow up with "IM NOT THE ONLY ONE."

There is no contradiction. That you lack the ability to distinguish what each statement addresses is your problem, not mine. Perhaps remedial English is offered among your continuing education courses.

Stormcrow
04-25-2015, 05:32 PM
There is no error. That you're unwilling to do so is a matter of personal choice. That you're unable to do so is a matter of fact.

There is no contradiction. That you lack the ability to distinguish what each statement addresses is your problem, not mine. Perhaps remedial English is offered among your continuing education courses.

Is that the best you have?

You are a hypocrite, a liar, and a troll. You have been since you came onto this board with your bullsh*t "I'm a girl" avatar.

Now, so we don't all get banned again I'm going to step away...But, I think the rest of the group has made it clear what they think of your incessant trolling on a fishing website. Go ahead and throw one more cheap shot, as is your fashion. I'm sure the admin is watching. sooner or later, you'll be gone.

I'm gonna go drop my boat in Perris right now and stick 20 fish on an alabama rig. What will your wide *** hips be doing? Besides wearing out the keyboard and crushing the chair?

old pudd fisher
04-25-2015, 05:52 PM
Well Just getting back to the drought. Just saying that Riverside has had about three hours of nice light rain this afternoon and its still watering my lawn. Have any of you guys had the pleasure of some rain in your area.

trail blazer
04-25-2015, 06:19 PM
Not sure of the measureable amount BUT it drizzled this morn for abought 4 hrs here in BAKO.

T/B

DEVOREFLYER
04-25-2015, 06:36 PM
Just a little over a 1/10 of an inch on the hill in the last two days. Scraped and moved a little dirt around on my lower acre this morning and it was dry as a bone and dusty. No moisture or damp soil at all. Several more of my neighbors large pine trees are beginning to bite the dust due to drought and pine bark beetles. The four legged critters are coming from the wild lands and moving into the community in droves looking for water and food. Coyotes, Bobcats and Mountain Lions are sighted daily by residents, I have at least a dozen Rabbits grazing on my lawn every morning and evening. I have trapped outdoors a Rat, Mouse or Ground Squirrel almost daily for weeks.

Lady Quagga
04-25-2015, 06:49 PM
Is that the best you have?

If by "best" you mean "facts", then yes.

Now, so we don't all get banned again I'm going to step away...But, I think the rest of the group has made it clear what they think of your incessant trolling on a fishing website. Go ahead and throw one more cheap shot, as is your fashion. I'm sure the admin is watching. sooner or later, you'll be gone.

Pay attention folks - the above is what we refer to as a tactical retreat.

old pudd fisher
04-25-2015, 07:13 PM
Got this outdoor rat Devore, I like watching the squirrels play in the trees. Glad I didn't trap one of those.46141

DEVOREFLYER
04-25-2015, 07:35 PM
I have great had success with the "Electrocution Trap", the spring trap after a few are caught make the survivors wary of them. The Havahart live catch trap works sometimes on the ground squirrels but it's hard to keep the rabbits out of it to catch the ground squirrels. Nothing works as well as a little lead delivered by a rimfire but city folk have moved in nearby and I don't need problems with them. Caught an occasional skunk in it and once caught a Bobcat when I baited it with a ground squirrel I had shot (I was trying to catch a fox that had a den on the property). Getting that Bobcat alive out of the trap was an adventure I don't want to repeat soon.

Lady Quagga
04-26-2015, 05:46 PM
Got this outdoor rat Devore, I like watching the squirrels play in the trees. Glad I didn't trap one of those.46141

That ruler was Photoshopped. :Dancing Banana:

old pudd fisher
04-26-2015, 06:07 PM
Naw he was just the king of all rats.46143

DEVOREFLYER
04-26-2015, 07:36 PM
Naw he was just the king of all rats.46143

Never knew what hit him............lol

old pudd fisher
04-26-2015, 08:14 PM
Used peanut butter for bait that time. Shot a few with my pellet gun also, The side yard is free of excessive foliage now so I have very few these days I had skunks and raccoons back their too. One time I seen a skunk walk under my truck early one dark morning as I was getting ready to go to work, I had to spray him with the garden hose till he went away.

DockRat
05-01-2015, 10:10 PM
Interesting Read !!!

No Farmers do not use 80% of California's water.

The statistic is manufactured by environmentalists to distract from the incredible damage their policies have caused.

http://www.nationalreview.com/article/416918/no-farmers-dont-use-80-percent-californias-water-devin-nunes?fb_action_ids=1463606637264892&fb_action_types=og.shares&fb_source=other_multiline&action_object_map=%5B985747508109636%5D&action_type_map=%5B%22og.shares%22%5D&action_ref_map=%5B%5D

DockRat
05-01-2015, 10:18 PM
For you guys that don't like to click on links. DR

by DEVIN NUNES April 14, 2015 12:45 PM

The statistic is manufactured by environmentalists to distract from the incredible damage their policies have caused. As the San Joaquin Valley undergoes its third decade of government-induced water shortages, the media suddenly took notice of the California water crisis after Governor Jerry Brown announced statewide water restrictions. In much of the coverage, supposedly powerful farmers were blamed for contributing to the problem by using too much water. “Agriculture consumes a staggering 80 percent of California’s developed water, even as it accounts for only 2 percent of the state’s gross domestic product,” exclaimed Daily Beast writer Mark Hertsgaard in a piece titled “How Growers Gamed California’s Drought.”

That 80-percent statistic was repeated in a Sacramento Bee article titled, “California agriculture, largely spared in new water restrictions, wields huge clout,” and in an ABC News article titled “California’s Drought Plan Mostly Lays Off Agriculture, Oil Industries.” Likewise, the New York Times dutifully reported, “The [State Water Resources Control Board] signaled that it was also about to further restrict water supplies to the agriculture industry, which consumes 80 percent of the water used in the state.” RELATED: The Dry Math of Scarcity This is a textbook example of how the media perpetuates a false narrative based on a phony statistic. Farmers do not use 80 percent of California’s water. In reality, 50 percent of the water that is captured by the state’s dams, reservoirs, aqueducts, and other infrastructure is diverted for environmental causes. Farmers, in fact, use 40 percent of the water supply. Environmentalists have manufactured the 80 percent statistic by deliberately excluding environmental diversions from their calculations. Furthermore, in many years there are additional millions of acre-feet of water that are simply flushed into the ocean due to a lack of storage capacity — a situation partly explained by environmental groups’ opposition to new water-storage projects.

It’s unsurprising that environmentalists and the media want to distract attention away from the incredible damage that environmental regulations have done to California’s water supply. Although the rest of the state is now beginning to feel the pinch, these regulations sparked the San Joaquin Valley’s water crisis more than two decades ago. The Endangered Species Act spawned many of these regulations, such as rules that divert usable water to protect baby salmon and a 3-inch baitfish called the Delta smelt, as well as rules that protect the striped bass, a non-native fish that — ironically — eats both baby salmon and smelt. Other harmful regulations stem from legislation backed by environmental groups and approved by Democratic-controlled Congresses in 1992 and 2009.

These rules have decimated water supplies for San Joaquin farmers and communities, resulting in zero-percent water allocations and the removal of increasing amounts of farmland from production. One would think the catastrophic consequences of these environmental regulations would be an important part of the reporting on the water crisis. But these facts are often absent, replaced by a fixation on the 80 percent of the water supply that farmers are falsely accused of monopolizing. None of the four articles cited above even mention the problem of environmental diversions. The same holds true for a recent interview with Governor Brown on ABC’s This Week. In that discussion, host Martha Raddatz focused almost exclusively on farmers’ supposed overuse of the water supply, and she invoked the 80 percent figure twice. The governor himself, a strong proponent of environmental regulations, was silent about the topic during the interview, instead blaming the crisis on global warming.

That is no surprise — President Obama also ignored environmental regulations but spoke ominously about climate change when he addressed the water crisis during a visit to California’s Central Valley in February 2014. Indeed, for many on the left, the California water crisis is just another platform for proclaiming their dogmatic fixation on fighting global warming, a campaign that many environmental extremists have adopted as a religion. You don’t have to take my word for it; just listen to Rajendra Pachauri, former head of the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change, which is the United Nations’ foremost body on global warming. After recently leaving his job amid allegations of sexual harassment, Pachauri wrote in his resignation letter: “For me, the protection of Planet Earth, the survival of all species and sustainability of our ecosystems is more than a mission. It is my religion and my dharma.” Utterly convinced of the righteousness of their crusade, environmental extremists stop at nothing in pursuing their utopian conception of “sustainability.”

The interests of families, farmers, and entire communities — whose very existence is often regarded as an impediment to sustainability — are ignored and derided in the quest for an ever-more pristine environment free from human contamination. In the name of environmental purity, these extremists have fought for decades to cut water supplies for millions of Californians. The drought is a genuine problem in California, but our irrigation system was designed to withstand five years of drought. The reason we have a crisis now is not that farmers are using too much water. It’s not because of global warming, and it’s not even because of the drought. The reason is this: Environmental regulations and U.S. law have caused huge water-flow diversions for environmental causes and have prevented us from using our irrigation system to its full capacity. The House of Representatives has passed three bills in the last three years that would have expanded California water supplies by rolling back damaging environmental regulations. These bills died amid opposition from Senate Democrats, Governor Brown, and President Obama. Someday the media should take notice. —Devin Nunes represents California’s 22nd district.

DEVOREFLYER
05-01-2015, 10:19 PM

Yip that's I posted about on #43 April 24th. DR your late to the party and I am surprised as you are usually on top of your game.

HawgZWylde
05-02-2015, 08:17 AM
For you guys that don't like to click on links. DR

by DEVIN NUNES April 14, 2015 12:45 PM

The statistic is manufactured by environmentalists to distract from the incredible damage their policies have caused. As the San Joaquin Valley undergoes its third decade of government-induced water shortages, the media suddenly took notice of the California water crisis after Governor Jerry Brown announced statewide water restrictions. In much of the coverage, supposedly powerful farmers were blamed for contributing to the problem by using too much water. “Agriculture consumes a staggering 80 percent of California’s developed water, even as it accounts for only 2 percent of the state’s gross domestic product,” exclaimed Daily Beast writer Mark Hertsgaard in a piece titled “How Growers Gamed California’s Drought.”

That 80-percent statistic was repeated in a Sacramento Bee article titled, “California agriculture, largely spared in new water restrictions, wields huge clout,” and in an ABC News article titled “California’s Drought Plan Mostly Lays Off Agriculture, Oil Industries.” Likewise, the New York Times dutifully reported, “The [State Water Resources Control Board] signaled that it was also about to further restrict water supplies to the agriculture industry, which consumes 80 percent of the water used in the state.” RELATED: The Dry Math of Scarcity This is a textbook example of how the media perpetuates a false narrative based on a phony statistic. Farmers do not use 80 percent of California’s water. In reality, 50 percent of the water that is captured by the state’s dams, reservoirs, aqueducts, and other infrastructure is diverted for environmental causes. Farmers, in fact, use 40 percent of the water supply. Environmentalists have manufactured the 80 percent statistic by deliberately excluding environmental diversions from their calculations. Furthermore, in many years there are additional millions of acre-feet of water that are simply flushed into the ocean due to a lack of storage capacity — a situation partly explained by environmental groups’ opposition to new water-storage projects.

It’s unsurprising that environmentalists and the media want to distract attention away from the incredible damage that environmental regulations have done to California’s water supply. Although the rest of the state is now beginning to feel the pinch, these regulations sparked the San Joaquin Valley’s water crisis more than two decades ago. The Endangered Species Act spawned many of these regulations, such as rules that divert usable water to protect baby salmon and a 3-inch baitfish called the Delta smelt, as well as rules that protect the striped bass, a non-native fish that — ironically — eats both baby salmon and smelt. Other harmful regulations stem from legislation backed by environmental groups and approved by Democratic-controlled Congresses in 1992 and 2009.

These rules have decimated water supplies for San Joaquin farmers and communities, resulting in zero-percent water allocations and the removal of increasing amounts of farmland from production. One would think the catastrophic consequences of these environmental regulations would be an important part of the reporting on the water crisis. But these facts are often absent, replaced by a fixation on the 80 percent of the water supply that farmers are falsely accused of monopolizing. None of the four articles cited above even mention the problem of environmental diversions. The same holds true for a recent interview with Governor Brown on ABC’s This Week. In that discussion, host Martha Raddatz focused almost exclusively on farmers’ supposed overuse of the water supply, and she invoked the 80 percent figure twice. The governor himself, a strong proponent of environmental regulations, was silent about the topic during the interview, instead blaming the crisis on global warming.

That is no surprise — President Obama also ignored environmental regulations but spoke ominously about climate change when he addressed the water crisis during a visit to California’s Central Valley in February 2014. Indeed, for many on the left, the California water crisis is just another platform for proclaiming their dogmatic fixation on fighting global warming, a campaign that many environmental extremists have adopted as a religion. You don’t have to take my word for it; just listen to Rajendra Pachauri, former head of the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change, which is the United Nations’ foremost body on global warming. After recently leaving his job amid allegations of sexual harassment, Pachauri wrote in his resignation letter: “For me, the protection of Planet Earth, the survival of all species and sustainability of our ecosystems is more than a mission. It is my religion and my dharma.” Utterly convinced of the righteousness of their crusade, environmental extremists stop at nothing in pursuing their utopian conception of “sustainability.”

The interests of families, farmers, and entire communities — whose very existence is often regarded as an impediment to sustainability — are ignored and derided in the quest for an ever-more pristine environment free from human contamination. In the name of environmental purity, these extremists have fought for decades to cut water supplies for millions of Californians. The drought is a genuine problem in California, but our irrigation system was designed to withstand five years of drought. The reason we have a crisis now is not that farmers are using too much water. It’s not because of global warming, and it’s not even because of the drought. The reason is this: Environmental regulations and U.S. law have caused huge water-flow diversions for environmental causes and have prevented us from using our irrigation system to its full capacity. The House of Representatives has passed three bills in the last three years that would have expanded California water supplies by rolling back damaging environmental regulations. These bills died amid opposition from Senate Democrats, Governor Brown, and President Obama. Someday the media should take notice. —Devin Nunes represents California’s 22nd district.

Yo, welcome back to the game DR. Funny how the trolls on here adhere to their "fuzzy numbers" and if you call them on it you are branded an unintelligent "drywall installer" who worships the "Fox news" alter, facts be damned eh? Dude, according to one of our "brightest" Trolls you just committed a cardinal sin for posting "a wall of text", how dare you!

Damn farmers, drywall installers and global warming deniers, it's all their fault!

Funny thing is those Salmon, Steelhead(Rainbow Trout) and Delta Smelt have outsmarted even our most intelligent Trolls, but not Mr. Stripey...

jrip
05-03-2015, 08:51 AM
We're having Turfterminators take out our lawn and make it drought resistant.

Lady Quagga
05-04-2015, 10:39 AM
(The following is an excerpt from California’s Water: Water for the Environment, an insightful report on the specifics and importance of California's environmental water use. A link to the full report is available below.)

ENVIRONMENTAL WATER USE IS NOT WELL UNDERSTOOD
Source: http://www.ppic.org/content/pubs/report/R_415WFTER.pdf

Water counted as “environmental” in state statistics serves a variety of purposes. Although much of this water is not in direct competition with other uses, a growing volume of water is being allocated to protect endangered species or water quality in some regions. Because these increases—typically associated with court or regulatory decisions—can reduce water available for other uses, they often create controversy. A better understanding of environmental water use can help inform future decisions about water management.

Water that stays in rivers, streams, and wetlands is assigned to the environment. There are four broad types of environmental water: water that flows in rivers protected as “wild and scenic” under federal and state laws, water needed to maintain habitat within streams, water that supports wetlands for migratory birds, and water needed to maintain water quality. Water categorized as environmental accounts for half of state use, while farms (40%) and cities (10%) make up the other half.

Most environmental water use does not affect other uses. More than half of environmental water is in the wild and scenic rivers of California’s sparsely populated North Coast, where there are few alternative uses. In the rest of California, where water is shared by all three sectors, environmental use is not dominant, at 33 percent (versus 53% for farms and 14% for cities). In these regions, new allocations of water for the environment may reduce water available for other uses.

Environmental water often does double duty. In the Central Valley, most flows in wild and scenic rivers are captured by reservoirs and reused downstream by farms and cities. In many systems, minimum flow standards that help fish and other species are set to maintain water quality for drinking water and irrigation. For instance, in the Sacramento–San Joaquin Delta, freshwater outflows (viewed by some as water “wasted to the sea”) also keep Delta water fresh enough for local farms and water exports to the Bay Area and the southern half of the state. In addition, environmental water that goes to wetlands and floodplains recharges groundwater basins.

Droughts heighten conflicts over environmental water allocations. Droughts put pressure on regulators to relax environmental standards in order to boost supplies to farms and cities. In 2014, the state approved requests to reduce environmental flows and relax salinity standards in the Delta so that water exports for farms and cities could be increased. During past droughts, low environmental flows caused long-term harm to native species populations, which ultimately led to higher regulatory costs. It is too soon to know whether recent drought management practices will have similar effects.

seal
05-04-2015, 11:24 AM
Thanks for the post Hawgz. I never understood how the use of water to maintain rivers, streams etc.. could be categorized as a percentage of our water usage, understanding of course that some of that water "usage" is used for environmental causes. But seriously for Christ sake we have to have some natural watersheds where water flow is maintained we can't categorize all water within California as a usable resource, never made sense to me.

So we're back to agriculture being a main water usage abuser, or user depending on where you stand. Long and the short of it is we can't put a dent in water usage without agriculture cutting back also. Don't know how anybody could argue with that logic, logically.

HawgZWylde
05-04-2015, 12:00 PM
Thanks for the post Hawgz.

Which one?

I never understood how the use of water to maintain rivers, streams etc.. could be categorized as a percentage of our water usage, understanding of course that some of that water "usage" is used for environmental causes. But seriously for Christ sake we have to have some natural watersheds where water flow is maintained we can't categorize all water within California as a usable resource, never made sense to me.

So we're back to agriculture being a main water usage abuser, or user depending on where you stand. Long and the short of it is we can't put a dent in water usage without agriculture cutting back also. Don't know how anybody could argue with that logic, logically.

Lady Quagga
05-04-2015, 12:20 PM
Thanks for the post Quagz.

Fixed that for ya. And you're welcome.

I never understood how the use of water to maintain rivers, streams etc.. could be categorized as a percentage of our water usage, understanding of course that some of that water "usage" is used for environmental causes. But seriously for Christ sake we have to have some natural watersheds where water flow is maintained we can't categorize all water within California as a usable resource, never made sense to me.

I agree that the term "use" can be misleading when accounting for all of California's water resources, particularly when viewed from the angle of consumption/consumerism.

Frankly, I do not understand this need some have to marginalize (or demonize) one type of water use over another. Is it any surprise that such arguments are often politically partisan in their nature?

DarkShadow
05-04-2015, 01:06 PM
Don't know how anybody could argue with that loglic, logically.

Just scroll up Seal!

seal
05-04-2015, 01:20 PM
Which one?

Funny as hell! I saw LQ's avatar and thought it was you. So thanks for the post LQ!

Sorry for the confusion Hawgz, damn Quagga's!

seal
05-04-2015, 01:21 PM
Just scroll up Seal!

I'm staying out of this one! Hawgz is probably already pissed enough at me I don't want to push it, he knows where I fish.

Lady Quagga
05-04-2015, 01:35 PM
Funny as hell! I saw LQ's avatar and thought it was you. So thanks for the post LQ!

You're welcome.

I figure it's time to switch back now. Heaven forbid I even accidentally make Hawgz appear intelligent......

Brent
05-05-2015, 09:16 AM
Yip that's I posted about on #43 April 24th. DR your late to the party and I am surprised as you are usually on top of your game.

Those damn pesky wild & scenic rivers. When the heck will we be able to get rid of all of them and put some damn factories on there to make some jobs dammit!

Lady Quagga
05-05-2015, 10:28 AM
Those damn pesky wild & scenic rivers. When the heck will we be able to get rid of all of them and put some damn factories on there to make some jobs dammit!

#damtheplanet #nostreamtoosmall

Riverdale
05-05-2015, 11:45 AM
Hashbag #Deltasmeltmakegreatbait

Skyler
05-06-2015, 07:03 AM
So what's everybody's water bill looking like lately? Mine was $120, due to planting a large vegetable garden and reseeding my lawn with drought resistant fescue (have to water the hell out of it to get it to sprout and take root). It's okay though because 80 percent of my bill is going to agriculture in my garden, and water saving measures don't apply to agriculture, right?

Lady Quagga
05-06-2015, 08:30 AM
due to planting a large vegetable garden

Let me guess - cucumbers, right?

HawgZWylde
05-06-2015, 08:37 AM

No need to apologize, I was flattered the the LQ would wear my clothing in public.

The way I look at this seal? Had the eco nazis had their way, we would have no Dams and reservoirs. All our rivers would be dry or running at a trickle like they have untold times throughout Earth's history. Mother Nature had no sympathy for the salmon and Steelhead, well, perhaps that's why she made them anadromous. And she certainly didn't care about those pesky baitfish the Delta Smelt which she didn't even allow here until about 3-400 years ago. And the Delta would be just a giant salt marsh. But she must have sensed that the DFG was going to introduce another invasive apex predator to our waters so she guided said baitfish into the Delta to help fulfill the voracious feeding habits of said invasive apex predator. What she didn't foresee at the time was a certain bunch of dumb humans allowing it's population to increase to 40 million people without building the water storage capacity and power generation to support it. She saw her error and has tried to warn us several times in vain, but alas these certain dumb humans continue to put their collective heads in the sand and allow unchecked migration into our state and continue to block any reasonable water and power infrastructure to be built. And to add insult to injury, the certain dumb humans still want to tear down Dams and drain reservoirs, and spend billions building trains to nowhere.

All of us must conserve water, including agriculture. But judging by what I see and the typical "It's everyone elses problem but mine" so prevalent in Cali, if we don't get rain, and lots of it, we will come hell to pay and those certain dumb humans will reap what they sowed...

Lady Quagga
05-13-2015, 12:28 PM
No need to apologize, I was flattered the the LQ would wear my clothing in public.

No flattery involved - the part called for a vaudeville buffoon costume. Your rags were more than adequate.