PDA

View Full Version : Delta fishing

striper07
10-10-2007, 11:35 AM
I went fishing on the Delta around Frank's Tract a few weeks ago and the fish were starting to bite. I caught an 18"striped bass and my friend caught a large mouth. We're going again this weekend to fish and watch the derby. Fishing has been a relatively new hobby of mine so if anyone has any tips on fishing in the Delta, please let me know. I found a website called bayareafishing.com which had some good tips but I'd also like to hear from those who've been fishing on the Delta for a long time. Thanks.

Troutman65
10-18-2007, 10:13 AM
Striper07, Welcome to FN.

Congrats on your catch. Any photos of your catch?

Looking forward to reading your reports.

Troutman65

striper07
10-20-2007, 07:31 AM
Sorry, but I only have a photo on my cellphone and I'm not sure how to download it on here. I went fishing again with a few buddies of mine last weekend during the derby, but we only got a few shakers. I usually troll, but my friend wanted to try bass fishing with shad and worms. Anyway, this guy I used to charter a boat from (he's since retired), said that fishing should be good from now to mid-December for stripers so I'm planning on going back again soon. I want to go back to my trolling method, as it works better for me.

corvina man
10-20-2007, 08:43 PM
Hi Striper07, Its been years since I fished that area. I used to fish the Sacramento river by Knights landing. We used to troll deep dive blue and white rapalas and nailed the stripers. Let me know if you try this approach next time you troll? worked good for us.

Trout-Tuna-For.Me
10-21-2007, 06:27 AM
Hey striper, FYI: check your local cell phone shop and ask forthis kit that has a patch cord that you can connect your phone to your computer and a CDROM to download the program so you can transfer the pics to a file....pretty easy to do. The kit shouldn't cost much, or you can check ebay for the kit. I got mine thru ebay for my Razr pretty cheap....total was $6. w/shipping. :banana: Good luck :thumb:

Cabodude
10-23-2007, 10:27 AM
Email the picture from your phone to your email address and then save to your computer. Then upload the picture to this board.