PDA

View Full Version : Jess Ranch Kitty Hunting on 4-12

dA KittY PuniSheR
04-13-2015, 11:16 AM
Went hunting for Kitties today, caught 3 total all on mackerel.
Caught this 16 LB 7 oz catfish around 3 pm.
If you live in the High Desert this place has been good to me for Cats lately:Smile:,
I also caught a 12 lber two weeks ago.
Can't wait for Catfish season this year!!!460844608246083

etucker1959
04-13-2015, 11:44 AM
Went hunting for Kitties today, caught 3 total all on mackerel.
Caught this 16 LB 7 oz catfish around 3 pm.
If you live in the High Desert this place has been good to me for Cats lately:Smile:,
I also caught a 12 lber two weeks ago.
Can't wait for Catfish season this year!!!460844608246083
Nice fish!!!!! Which lake were you fishing???? Don't worry about giving up where you caught your big one. We caught a #15 lbs a couple of years back, they told us once we turned her in, they would release it where they saw fit!!!

dA KittY PuniSheR
04-13-2015, 12:17 PM
The fish was caught on lake #346085
There are a lot of big catfish at jess ranch. When i started fishing there in 2012 that was the last time they stocked catfish, but here's the secret.
In 2012 if you caught any catfish over i believe was 8 LBS (I may be wrong on this weight) you had to release it back for breeding and they would give you a free fishing pass in return. Idk know how many years this rule was going on for? I seen a 18 lb and 15 lb caught there too. The 18 lb cat was when this rule was in effect, it was caught on lake #2 and released into lake #3 maybe because it was closer to the shack where it was weighed idk??
p.s. i marked with a red arrow where i caught this fish and the 12 pounder two weeks ago, BOTH fish were RELEASED back into the lake.

etucker1959
04-13-2015, 12:36 PM
The fish was caught on lake #346085
There are a lot of big catfish at jess ranch. When i started fishing there in 2012 that was the last time they stocked catfish, but here's the secret.
In 2012 if you caught any catfish over i believe was 8 LBS (I may be wrong on this weight) you had to release it back for breeding and they would give you a free fishing pass in return. Idk know how many years this rule was going on for? I seen a 18 lb and 15 lb caught there too. The 18 lb cat was when this rule was in effect, it was caught on lake #2 and released into lake #3 maybe because it was closer to the shack where it was weighed idk??
p.s. i marked with a red arrow where i caught this fish and the 12 pounder two weeks ago, BOTH fish were RELEASED back into the lake.
Thanks, I've got a little hot spot in that lake!!! lol