PDA

View Full Version : 04.11.15 Eight is enough

JAG107
04-12-2015, 11:11 AM
Made the trip yesterday and what a beautiful day it was to be fishing. Got launched around 730 and went right to my usual early morning trolling lane. It took a while but I finally got a couple around 8 or so, after a couple short strikes and one that shook off. It seemed like it shut down just as fast as it picked up, so I tried Chemise again, and like last time, no action, and hardly anything on the FF. This is when the pack of 5 lake licers showed up and were weaving between myself and a Tracker that was trolling ahead of me to the right. You think to yourself "they have the WHOLE lake back here devoid of boats, WTF is with this?" but then realize the futility in making sense of these people's boating courtesy, and carry on. One big loop around, past the dam, back and forth along the main channel, and it was all dead. Headed back towards the ramp and went back and forth between Miller and Cleghorn, and saw lots and lots of fish stacked up at the mouth of the channel. Bingo! It was game on from 10:45-11:20, whacked 6 more of them including 2 double hookups. One of them I picked up just casting back out, and as I lowered the DR ball it came right back off. Fish on! But just as fast as they turned on, they turned right back off. I called it a day around noon, and decided it wasn't worth waiting for the bite to fire up again to round out a limit. I'd post a pic, but haven't you all seen a pile of schoolies on a boat deck before anyway? Nothing of any good size today, all about 1-2lbs apiece but it was nice to get back into some action.

MikesOcean
04-12-2015, 11:55 AM
Right on Jag!

Glad to see you got them!

Nothing beats being out on the water especially on a
Beautiful day!

And the bonus is you got on them.

You were smart to get some and get out to enjoy the rest
Of your day.

Thanks for the report Jag!

See you out there

Mike.