PDA

View Full Version : Big bear trails

esteban1t
04-04-2015, 09:36 AM
Anyone know any good hiking trails that aren't the "main ones" everyone goes to, i'd prefer one with a stream.
The cabin i go to has one in the back yard but the area isnt that big because a lot of the area surrounding it is private property ... and the little stream is pretty much completely dry, with a few puddles of water here and there
-Thanks in advance

DockRat
04-04-2015, 09:44 PM
Hike Castle Rock sometime, great view. I used to fish the creek that feeds Boulder Bay.
DR

esteban1t
04-04-2015, 11:43 PM
how crowded does that trail get ?
i went last weekend and hiked the siberia creek trail, and there was so many loud teenagers ... i could barely enjoy the hike lol

IncredibleHuck
04-06-2015, 10:04 AM
There are many trails around Big Bear to the peaks such as Butler, Greys, Delamar, Bertha, Gold, and Sugerloaf.

Here is the hike to Delamar Mountain. It's a fun trek.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2xU36LkAzZE

DarkShadow
04-07-2015, 11:11 AM
Does the Siberia Creek trail run into Bear Creek at the end?

Viejo
05-28-2017, 08:32 PM
[QUOTE=DarkShadow;761353]Does the Siberia Creek trail run into Bear Creek at the end?[/QUOTE

Yep. It also is not maintained and in several spots the trail has slid away into a 900 foot vertical shale slope into the creek. Can't imagine groups of anyone going that route. The only evidence we found down in there of people was growers who eat trout....cooked in aluminum foil at multiple fire rings. Very spooky down in there...even to the two LEO's who I was hiking with. Fishing sucked as well. The storied 15" Browns were replaced with juvenile Rainbows and few tiny Browns. This was a couple years ago.

Lady Quagga
05-29-2017, 04:12 AM
Never listen to anything DS says.

He damn near got bit by a rattler recently......after poking it with a stick......whilst fishing......

hookdfisherman
05-29-2017, 09:07 AM

He damn near got bit by a rattler recently......after poking it with a stick......whilst fishing......

We all thought you liked getting poked...

DarkShadow
05-30-2017, 11:40 AM

Hey hey....I "almost" got bit.

And yes, they are out there. If you stay on the trails (which means you won't catch fish), you'll be fine. If you wanna catch fish and get off the trails, then yeah, you'll run into a few.

Just don't get bit, simple.