PDA

View Full Version : Pvr 3/27 - 3/29

luckyfish
04-02-2015, 07:56 PM
A couple friends from college were trout virgins and i wanted to get them on some fish. They have been trying for months at the socal lakes such as Yucaipa, irvine, Guasti and glen helen with no luck. Made the right decision to hit up PVR for the weekend. I've been to June lake for trout and it was epic but unfortunately its not trout season up there yet. My next choice was PVR... a lake i've yet to fish and didn't know what to expect. Left work friday afternoon and 2 arrived to the campground around 9:30 pm to windy conditions. Fortunately the wind died in the morning for an epic bite.... we caught about 20 fish between the 3 of us on power bait and thomas bouyants. We only kept 6 to throw on the fire back at camp and released the rest including a 5 lber. Didnt have too much time to take a lot of photos because we were busy catching =]. The next morning the bite was as epic but we still managed about 8 fish and lost about 5 more. It seemed like the lake had a lot of pressure the day before. They werent hitting the bouyants as much so we decide to try the mice tails and that got us a few fish.. the rest being on powerbait. Overall a excellent trip... my friends were so happy they finally broke the skunk and were devirginized. Can't wait to make come back again! Unfortunately i can't upload pictures at this time for some reason... once i figure it out i will get it up.
Thanks,
-Jay

Chronophayze
04-02-2015, 09:40 PM
Damn, sounds like you guys had an awesome time!

TROUT MASTERS
04-02-2015, 10:25 PM
Sound like u guys hade a great time thanks for sharing just taking a drive up 395 it's great cleans your mind and sole

luckyfish
04-04-2015, 04:42 PM
a few photos :Big Grin:

lunker-hunter209
04-04-2015, 07:27 PM
What's pvr stand for?

retired96
04-04-2015, 09:14 PM
What's pvr stand for?

PVR is short for Pleasant Valley Reservoir