PDA

View Full Version : Shimano teramar broke

TROUT MASTERS
04-01-2015, 10:30 AM
My Termara 7.11 surf rod broke,got it for Christmas,took it back to the tackle shop i got it from,they told me i have to send the rod in to Shimano myself they cant send it in, :EyePop:
So i took the rod to ups and sent it for a warranty replacement,1st time have to deal with warranty and or Shimano, any idea how long does it take
to get the rod back ?
What realy got me mad:mad: i got 2 rods and 2 curado 300 reels from this tackle shop all Shimano hope i wont be disappointed.
Thanks..

PokerFish
04-01-2015, 10:48 AM
I can't remember exactly how long it took but I sent in 2 Crucials in 2013 and I remember being impressed with the turnaround time. I think it took about 10 days.

DarkShadow
04-01-2015, 10:57 AM
Does Shimano still allow walk ups for warranty issues at their Irvine location?

MikesOcean
04-01-2015, 11:19 AM
Do what I did!

Start buying Phenix rods!

PokerFish
04-01-2015, 11:24 AM
Do what I did!

Start buying Phenix rods!

Yea, it really sucks that Shimano took away the lifetime warranty on their previous "lifetime" rods

TROUT MASTERS
04-01-2015, 12:09 PM
Does Shimano still allow walk ups for warranty issues at their Irvine location?

I did call and they told me that doesnt make a difference if i took it to Irvine still need to go thru warranty proses,so i send it in,didnt want to drive 2 hours to get there,also i did ask the guy since i dont mind take the rod if i can get it exchage the same day he told me NO.

TROUT MASTERS
04-01-2015, 12:16 PM
will see how Shimano is taking care of there customers
than ill think about it.

jaggerbub
04-01-2015, 12:55 PM
Please update... I have a rod that snapped too. Haven't sent it in because of the new policy. Took it out on the first outing and that was it. Bought mine right before Christmas new from Turners so I'm disappointed.

DarkShadow
04-01-2015, 02:11 PM
Now, did these rods break because of defect in workmanship?

Or did the car door or a tree branch break these rods?

TROUT MASTERS
04-01-2015, 02:27 PM
Now, did these rods break because of defect in workmanship?

Or did the car door or a tree branch break these rods?

Mine broke after 5-7 casts,was using a lc 110.
if was a car door or tree branch i dont think i would able to cast so im not realy sure what's the problem

TROUT MASTERS
04-01-2015, 02:30 PM
you should sent it in to Shimano with the receipt cost me $17.95 to send it in .
If this doesnt work this will be a last time i'll buy shimano product

DarkShadow
04-01-2015, 02:32 PM
Mine broke after 5-7 casts,was using a lc 110.
if was a car door or tree branch i dont think i would able to cast so im not realy sure what's the problem

If it broke on a cast, then it's obviously a manufacturer's defect and Shimano should be able to assist.

The problem is, people breaking their rods on car doors and then getting mad when company's change their policy on their warranties. There's a difference on 'no fault' warranties and warranties that cover workmanship. But in your case, Shimano should stand by their workmanship and provide you with a new rod.

Nuoc Mam
04-01-2015, 02:39 PM
Yes, if it broke while you were casting it (not knicked or damage from previous usage) shimano should replace it. It is up to shimano to decide though if it was poor workmanship or not. In my opinion, I'm actually happy that Shimano changed their lifetime warranty policy. Like I stated in a previous post regarding warranty. A few bad apples messed it up for the rest of us. I've heard too many stories where individual were purposely breaking their rods and getting a replacement from shimano. If a rod was to fail due to defect, it shouldn't take a year or so to break, that's just my opinion. In the past, buyers were buying broken shimano rods for dirt cheap $5 a piece, and returning the rod and getting a brand new one with tags. Then they would sell that and make profit. Well you don't see those ads anymore, and personally, I'm glad that Shimano's warranties are getting stricter.

TROUT MASTERS
04-01-2015, 02:56 PM
Well lets hope for the best and ill keep u guys posted whats going on
Thanks and Happy Easter to all !!

Edgar
04-01-2015, 03:26 PM
Trout Masters porc@ porcanq che , but I worked at Shimano for about 5-6 months and am very very disappointed , they might replace it for you if u put some pressure and say that your like their lifetime customer )))) times have changed in shimano ! I still love a few of their reels though.

DarkShadow
04-01-2015, 03:43 PM
...but I worked at Shimano for about 5-6 months and am very very disappointed.

Need some clarification....

Are you disappointed that a few bad apples (breaking rods on purpose to get new models, or breaking them due to their own fault and expecting a new rod from Shimano) ruined what was considered a great industry warranty?

Or are you disappointed that Shimano finally did something to prevent people from abusing their warranty?

Edgar
04-01-2015, 04:34 PM
None of the above sir , it's more about quality and self cost , if u knew what your favorite shimano rods exactly cost , you would be just as dissapointed as me .

TROUT MASTERS
04-01-2015, 09:18 PM
Trout Masters porc@ porcanq che , but I worked at Shimano for about 5-6 months and am very very disappointed , they might replace it for you if u put some pressure and say that your like their lifetime customer )))) times have changed in shimano ! I still love a few of their reels though.

I'm not asking for anything for free just want my rod to be replaced and people try to get rods replaced under warranty that's not, I know how it is I deal with them every day.( can't do a wrong thing the right way):Thumbs Up:

DarkShadow
04-02-2015, 09:34 AM
None of the above sir , it's more about quality and self cost , if u knew what your favorite shimano rods exactly cost , you would be just as dissapointed as me .

I think it's fair to say that you can replace the word "Shimano" with any rod manufacturer and your statement above will still be true. I don't think Shimano is the only rod manufacturer, or any manufacturer for that matter, that inflates their prices for their finished product when they actually pay pennies for the actual manufacturing.

And it's also curious that you mention quality, because I've never had the chance to use their warranty for their rods (reels is a different story) since I've never encountered any problems with their rods, and I have quite a few of them that were used heavily. Suffice to say, I think the quality of their rods is still top notch, and I'm hoping they use the savings from no longer having to deal with 'less than honest' warranty claims and pass them down to their consumers.

Edgar
04-02-2015, 09:52 AM
I am not familiar with all brands , not really even willing to , I own a few shimano , and loomis rods also, and I really can't complain about my rods made before 2008-2010(they were my first rods). Luckilly I've only bought about 3 rods after 2012 , and I can tell u one thing , that there is a major difference , my Clarus was the first one to show with the butt of the rod cork handle fell off during a cast ))) . Anyway , not really trying to prove my point or critisize the company, just my opinion and personal experience . Sorry if anything I said offended anyone.
Tight lines !

Nuoc Mam
04-02-2015, 10:19 AM
It goes with with everything that's in a production line, not just rods.

Lots of companies are/were going the route of max profits. Trying to make the same items with a cheaper material. My 85 Toyota Cressida had 200k miles and ran like a champ, no oil leaks whatever (did regular maintenance) My newer toyota cars, well, can't say the same ;0)

TROUT MASTERS
04-02-2015, 12:09 PM
Got a call from Shimano this morning and they told me they will replace my rod no questions ask :Big Grin:,looks like ill will stay with Shimno,customer service is the most important thing in the business.Thanks for all your reply.
Now lets go get some fish.:Fishing Hole:

TROUT MASTERS
04-02-2015, 12:12 PM
It goes with with everything that's in a production line, not just rods.

Lots of companies are/were going the route of max profits. Trying to make the same items with a cheaper material. My 85 Toyota Cressida had 200k miles and ran like a champ, no oil leaks whatever (did regular maintenance) My newer toyota cars, well, can't say the same ;0)

Got 4 chevy's, suburban,z71 tahoe, avalanche and a news cruze,with the suv's and the truck no problems love em,new cruze not so sure,my last silverado had 268k,got stolen never got it back,best truck i ever had.