PDA

View Full Version : Silverwood Swimbait Striper & New PB!

Fishbones
03-20-2015, 10:45 PM
For the last few months Captain & Guide Mikes Ocean and I have been trying to get out and slay together, but with both our busy schedules its been postponed and procrastinated long enough. Well Finally we set up a trip and headed to the wood.
With all Captain Mikes experience at the wood I knew we would do good, even though he did mention it is March and they might be slow. We opted for good times and positivity regardless of the outcome.
Getting on the water and covering some ground watching the fishfinder it was looking slim. Two hours go by with no sign of life we continue to search. Just as we start to wonder we see a big boil with a airborne trout and huge striper chasing it down. We look at each other and superman speed our lines in and haul butt to the boil. Here is where the Professional Captain Mikes Ocean performs flawlessly with the most fastest but smoothest glide up on this boil. 50' from the boat I Huck my deps 250 towards the boil and make about ten cranks and see a huge flash and feel my rod load up, I swing for the stars and crank like hell. Before mike can even grab the net I have the fish next to the boat, well one look at our ugly faces and that net and it dove for deep water only making it 15' max before I power turned the beast stopping it in its tracks and with 10 quick cranks she's boat side and in the net. All in no more than 7seconds!!! We high five, hug and scream for joy as the beast is boated. Not even 30 seconds later she flops and breaks the only hook in her mouth attached to the lure. Oh man how lucky am I!!!
http://i354.photobucket.com/albums/r428/AROCK1_photos/IMG_20150320_203410_zpsaad37431.jpghttp://i354.photobucket.com/albums/r428/AROCK1_photos/Screenshot_2015-03-20-11-58-48-1_zps0969f7c5.png
After some much needed celebration we motored on looking for more pigs and picking off a few Dinks here and there but never to come across the monsters again.
Thanks again Captain Mikes Ocean your guide service is top notch.
*Note* Captain Mikes Ocean is not a guide*

fishing_freak
03-20-2015, 11:35 PM
God damnnnn... Nice, how much did it weigh

jaggerbub
03-20-2015, 11:36 PM
Wow, nice piggy. Congrats fellas...

CAPT'N
03-20-2015, 11:38 PM
Nice fishy Alex! Looks like MO and you had a nice day at the Wood.....

Capt'n

Baja1ab
03-21-2015, 12:07 AM
Whoa, nice catch! :Bug Eyes:

Stumpknocker
03-21-2015, 04:38 AM
Congratulations Fishbones! That's an absolute submarine...and a good story too!

DEVOREFLYER
03-21-2015, 06:18 AM
Way to go Fishbones. Now that's what ya call a "Brag Fish". Mike's gonna need a bigger net. That makes two of the biggest Stripers we have seen posted on FNN from his boat. Looks like Mike has Silverwood dialed in once again. Congratulations on your PB...

HawgZWylde
03-21-2015, 07:46 AM
Congrats on the PB Alex! Good job getting him on it MO...

Jmac
03-21-2015, 08:50 AM
Way to guys. Saw you guys when I was over in Cleghorn. Heard the commotion and congratulating when I was Chamise. Figured a pig got caught.

trail blazer
03-21-2015, 08:58 AM
WTG BROS!

It looks bigger on these pics then the phone pic!

WAY COOL!

What did it go 15 17?

TRAIL BLAZER

DEVOREFLYER
03-21-2015, 09:01 AM
WTG BROS!

It looks bigger on these pics then the phone pic!

WAY COOL!

What did it go 15 17?

TRAIL BLAZER

That girl will have to top 50 to beat yours..............lol

catchingsomefish
03-21-2015, 09:45 AM
WOW, way to get after it Mike and congrats Alex! Those are the days we all dream of..............................Dave

cutbait
03-21-2015, 10:00 AM
You "power turned" aND landed a pig striper in 7 seconds?

Holy crap man... that like standing by I5 and snagging a semi truck and stopping it in its track in 7...

Congrats man on the PB! Lord knows you deserve it.

First trip with MO, new bait... all lined up for a great trip for you two.

Devo called me BTW.. said his he was let down that seat was so loose

MikesOcean
03-21-2015, 10:15 AM
WOW!!! I am still in Awe!

Huge congrats again Alex!!! The Stars were aligned perfect for you yesterday. I am still in shock as it happened so fast like you said.

I don't know about the 30 seconds getting it to the boat because it felt more like 20 seconds. Haha.

All I remember is the screaming "I'm on" "I'm on" "get the net" "get the net" "get the net"
And literally that big gal was on the side of the boat. That screaming was all too familiar. lol

While all this was happening 2 kayakers were watching this whole thing in complete disbelief. Not to mention they were WAY closer to it then we were.

I said this before and I will say it again. That fish was worth a zillion dollars. All the gear invested to catch that toad and BAM! And worth every penny. You got her baby and completely STOKED I was there to enjoy that moment with you.

It is indeed an awesome feeling to know that the last time I was there was in November when I caught my PB. And now you get yours with me!!! Ohhhh Yeaaaahhh!!!!!

Alex casted perfectly into that boil while I kept my distance so the fish didn't sink out.
That fish smashed his bait and Alex straight up owned her!!!!

Right on Bro! I'm sure you will never forget that moment as I know I will not.

AWESOMENESS!!!!

cutbait
03-21-2015, 10:38 AM
I know it's my own striper snob pet peavey but look at those gorgeous stripes... near perfectly straight. Very nice specimen

koifish
03-21-2015, 10:42 AM
Awsome job buddy. Congrats again.

trail blazer
03-21-2015, 11:16 AM
This is just my opinion BUT

Id like to see this PIG on the FNN front page the big ole striper to!

TRAIL BLAZER

TroutOnly
03-21-2015, 11:16 AM
great fish alex ,its nice when the fish show you where they are..................

seal
03-21-2015, 12:50 PM
Excellent! Nice fish.

howstar
03-21-2015, 05:13 PM
Wow!!! Nice fish man!!

lowe
03-21-2015, 09:54 PM
Very nice indeed Congrats Alex ..lo

sealclubber
03-22-2015, 06:14 AM
Omg thats freakin awesome,a pig like that would gimme a heart attack!

MustHuntAndFish
03-22-2015, 02:37 PM
Beautiful fish Alex... Congrats!

I love the Captain Morgan pose in the second pic. Lol!

Fishbones
03-22-2015, 07:36 PM
First Off, Thank you Mike aka MikesOcean for the trip my friend, without you this dream would have never came true!!

And thank you everyone for the great replys and congrats!!! This fish makes up for the 20+# I lost at Castaic a few months ago. And really felt good to finally win the battle!! Loll

WOW!!! I am still in Awe!

Huge congrats again Alex!!! The Stars were aligned perfect for you yesterday. I am still in shock as it happened so fast like you said.

I don't know about the 30 seconds getting it to the boat because it felt more like 20 seconds. Haha.

All I remember is the screaming "I'm on" "I'm on" "get the net" "get the net" "get the net"
And literally that big gal was on the side of the boat. That screaming was all too familiar. lol

While all this was happening 2 kayakers were watching this whole thing in complete disbelief. Not to mention they were WAY closer to it then we were.

I said this before and I will say it again. That fish was worth a zillion dollars. All the gear invested to catch that toad and BAM! And worth every penny. You got her baby and completely STOKED I was there to enjoy that moment with you.

It is indeed an awesome feeling to know that the last time I was there was in November when I caught my PB. And now you get yours with me!!! Ohhhh Yeaaaahhh!!!!!

Alex casted perfectly into that boil while I kept my distance so the fish didn't sink out.
That fish smashed his bait and Alex straight up owned her!!!!

Right on Bro! I'm sure you will never forget that moment as I know I will not.

AWESOMENESS!!!!

You were one of those stars buddy that completed the link,

20 secs. Lol maybe even 15! It was the fastest pig I have landed yet!!

I could not stop screaming!!
It was to surreal and because it happened so fast didn't believe it just happened! Im still in shock and can't stop looking at the pics haahaha

I wish the kayakers were on here cuz I'd sure love to here theyre play by play...

I have dumped a good chunk of change in to the swimbait game and it was all worth it ten fold!!

But even better was the energy in the boat. Before, during and after is what caught that fish bro!!

Your boat bro is the silver wood pig slayer, whatever you Do, do not sell that boat.. Hahahaa
Our memories will always be imbedded in that hull!!
Thank you so much again bro!!

fishinone
03-23-2015, 05:15 PM
Congratulations on the pig striper Alex.

Mike! Take me fishing!

This fish makes up for the 20+# I lost at Castaic a few months ago. And really felt good to finally win the battle!! Loll

You just brought up some really bad memories for me! Heavier line this time?:Smile:

cutbait
03-23-2015, 06:14 PM
MO is quickly turning into the Silverwood DD Guide

DEVOREFLYER
03-23-2015, 06:18 PM

The Bako Guide Service is gonna have to raise their rates I hear MO's rate is $700......just a rumor.

JustEYE
03-23-2015, 09:04 PM
Beautiful fish Alex... Congrats!

I love the Captain Morgan pose in the second pic. Lol!

Captain Morgan!! LOL!!!! I told him he looked like George Washington crossing the Delaware with a Striper! HAHAHAHA...

Man Fishbones that is a GREAT fish!! It does look bigger on the computer than the phone. Did you double check the weight with a 2nd scale?

WAY TO GO!! You got a DD in the Duct (water) congrats again!!

BTW don't change the way you stand- we're all just jealous!!!!

JustEYE...

DarkShadow
03-24-2015, 02:15 PM
Awesome fish!

Him smashing the slide swimmer must have been an adrenaline rush.

Fishingdachronarch201E7
03-24-2015, 03:07 PM
DAMN!!! that thing is beast!!!! good job! much deserved! ive seen most of your post! congrats!

Fishbones
03-24-2015, 09:35 PM
Congratulations on the pig striper Alex.

Mike! Take me fishing!

You just brought up some really bad memories for me! Heavier line this time?:Smile:

Thanks Ron, good luck getting a seat on M.Os boat. I hear there is a long list. Lol
Oh yeah.. Much heavier this time. Loll

We'll find out friday

Captain Morgan!! LOL!!!! I told him he looked like George Washington crossing the Delaware with a Striper! HAHAHAHA...

Man Fishbones that is a GREAT fish!! It does look bigger on the computer than the phone. Did you double check the weight with a 2nd scale?

WAY TO GO!! You got a DD in the Duct (water) congrats again!!

BTW don't change the way you stand- we're all just jealous!!!!

JustEYE...

Lmfaooo that's all I can say!!

Awesome fish!

Him smashing the slide swimmer must have been an adrenaline rush.

Thanks DS. All I saw was a big flash!!

DAMN!!! that thing is beast!!!! good job! much deserved! ive seen most of your post! congrats!

Thank you very much FDC201E7

EfrenM
03-24-2015, 09:38 PM
Nice fish man congrats on the pb

Fishbones
03-24-2015, 09:46 PM
Thank you E!

seal
03-25-2015, 07:48 AM
Friday will be a horrible day to be there. I certainly won't be there, no chance of that, never gonna happen....

Bassfan
03-25-2015, 03:24 PM
Alex, Just saw the post and WOW whadda fish!
After the new setup and lost slide swimmer at Castaic and all your enthusiasm, determination and skill, you deserve that monster.
Great going, congratulations.

M@M
03-27-2015, 04:19 PM
WAY TO GO ALEX!!! I just saw this post.....but I bet your still high from catching that MONSTER!!!:EyePop::Thumbs Up:

DockRat
03-28-2015, 06:42 PM
Great fish Alex. Major props.
http://i271.photobucket.com/albums/jj160/VitaminKitten/Gifs/1711.gif (http://media.photobucket.com/user/VitaminKitten/media/Gifs/1711.gif.html)

BuzzBait
04-05-2015, 09:11 AM
Right on! That's an awesome catch! Looks like the lake water levels up there isn't affected by the drought. Good job!

seal
04-05-2015, 09:38 AM
Lake level is not up. For this time of the year it is down a bit from the norm. Although Silverwood normally keeps it's level as opposed to other reservoirs downstream or down aqueduct I guess.

trail blazer
04-17-2015, 07:43 PM
looky here!

ALEX<FISHBONES> Just made the home page wtg bro!

TRAIL BLAZER

seal
04-18-2015, 06:53 AM
Congratulations Alex you've made the big time!

Lake level is now on the rise. What the heck thought there was a water shortage? Oh yea that's right they make a bundle of money producing electricity from Silverwood.

Follow the money....

sealclubber
04-18-2015, 11:28 AM
Congratulations Alex you've made the big time!

Lake level is now on the rise. What the heck thought there was a water shortage? Oh yea that's right they make a bundle of money producing electricity from Silverwood.

Follow the money....

its about time......limits the shore areas and kind of confines alot of folks to the dam.
I hate when the waters low.

Stormcrow
04-20-2015, 09:34 AM
Wow what a great fish and awesome read!!! You know what they say: "Right place....Right time"

EL JEFE
04-24-2015, 10:19 PM
Congrats on one awesome fish! Great pic and story!