PDA

View Full Version : Capture Net Size

Pecci
03-18-2015, 02:55 PM
I was told that it must be (Salt-Water) 18" diameter. Is this true? I couldn't find it on the DFW website

fish hunt
03-18-2015, 07:00 PM
from expirence use a big net makes it easier, idont know of reg for diameter but a landing net is requiered equipment on a boat that i due know .

Pecci
03-18-2015, 11:27 PM
Just found this:

TO INCREASE THE CHANCES OF A RELEASED FISH SURVIVING, ANGLERS SHOULD USE THE FOLLOWING PROCEDURES:
1. Do not use a gaff hook to land fish of questionable size.
Not only is it unethical to seriously injure a fish that you might wind up having to release, it is illegal. Section 28.65(e) of Title 14, California Code of Regulations, states:
“No gaff hook shall be used to take or assist in landing any fish shorter than the minimum size limit. For the purpose of this section a gaff hook is any hook with or without a handle used to assist in landing fish or to take fish in such a manner that the fish does not take the hook voluntarily in its mouth. No person shall take fin fish from any boat or other floating device in ocean waters without having a landing net in possession or available for immediate use to assist in landing undersized fish of species having minimum size limits; the opening of any such landing net shall be not less than eighteen inches in diameter.”