PDA

View Full Version : Skinner Friday 13th

Pez Gringo
03-18-2015, 07:50 AM
Three of us headed to Skinner Friday afternoon in search of the big stripers after hearing of the multiple trout plants. We decided to drift along the north shore early and throw big plugs on one side and drop shot on the other. My buddy Joe spots what he thinks is a very nice bass and plops a drop shot Robo worm on its nose. The big fish gulps it down and the fight is on. Lots of yelling for the net and three of four nice runs later, we scoop up the largest trout I have seen come out of those waters in 25 years. A real beauty. Weighed the big girl on the digital scale at 9.1 pounds. Fished launch ramp 2 hard the last 2 hours with all the big baits and no luck. Lots of trout fishermen on the bank. No signs of big fish. Did see a handful of nice fish up shallow trying to get on beds. That's Skinner.

BassinPLS
03-18-2015, 08:29 AM
Pez,

What a killer trout!

I caught the biggest trout I have ever caught anywhere at DVL 4 or 5 years ago throwing a small underspin with a curltail Halo Shad on it. The trout took the underspin in about 1.0 foot of water while it was chasing shad up onto the shore. I thought it was a DD Bass until it jumped about 100' behind my boat for the first time. What a blast! Good memories! Oh the trout weighted 7-4, no DD Bass but one heck of a lot of fun!:EyePop:

Fishingdachronarch201E7
03-18-2015, 08:44 AM
very cool! thats a nice and healthy monster! good job!

P.A.W.
03-18-2015, 09:04 AM
They stocked some real nice ones this year. Spotted a few lunkers around the marina too. Just hit a 3-4 pounder on a 6" topwater the other day. Real aggressive. Great photos for your scrapbook!