PDA

View Full Version : King Harbor/ La Harbor 3/13-3/15 Epicness

Spottie
03-15-2015, 03:44 PM
Hey guys, sorry I havent been posting lately. I heard I some people saw my friend in Redondo. Well, if you're reading this, respond to this and we could meet up some day. Anyway, lets cut the crap and get to the fishing. I went pout Saturday night and dropped some hoop nets with a friend of mine( he has a lobster card) and I got my first bug. It was short but still awesome! We were catching tons of short calicos on the big hammers and other small plastics. It was wide open! We probably caught between the 4 of us 70 fish! Sorry for no pictures, they were all very small except for a a few 12 inchers. Next night I go down to redondo for some slip action. My dad tagged along and first fish I get is a calico. A few casts later, dad hooks a biggen! Turned out to be a nice spottie. I move down and take a cast and hook something nice too! Its a spottie, and not too small. Was it a nest or a wolf pack. After about 5 minutes wedouble up! My first double up! We ask a nice biker to take a photo. After about 10 minutes I hook the chunker of chunks. She is pulling hard and all that was running through myhead was SPOTTIE SPOTTIE SPOTTIE! We get it up and it's a nice spottie. Its so fricken fat!! We throw her back and call it night. Oh, this allhappened in a bout 45 minutes. We go down to la harbor today about 10 a clock. The fishing is slow for about an hour and I hook a big fish. I see the brown mat in the water and freak out because it's a halibut. We get her up, snap some pics, and throw her back. I forgot to put it on the tape but lets play guess the size game! After that my friend pulls out a spottie on the big hammer. Then, nothing happened for 4 hours. We called it a day and headed out. I got an insane bloody nose on the way home and got blood on my new bass knuckles shirt. :Crying: Good luck out there guys!

http://imgur.com/dkqgB8Y,s0p2C8v,MmdOXjC,E1ODulT,iJsjB4b,xI7W74A,TG 2CYLw,5olPY8d

Sorry i messed up the dates, the 70 fish night and a lobster was friday, spotties was saturday, and the halibut was today!

exfactor
03-15-2015, 03:55 PM
short by a couple

Spottie
03-15-2015, 04:23 PM
short by a couple

Yeah it was. It was still cool to catch!

Skunkbuster50
03-15-2015, 07:08 PM
Way to go dude. Those are some nice bass.

DockRat
03-15-2015, 07:27 PM
Great fish counts. Cool pics.
DR

bachiboy
03-15-2015, 08:04 PM
Short or not, that's a nice fish.:Wink: Nice chunky spots too!

Congrats on some nice sessions!
Don

Spottie
03-15-2015, 08:39 PM
Way to go dude. Those are some nice bass.

Thank you!

Spottie
03-15-2015, 08:39 PM
Great fish counts. Cool pics.
DR

Thanks DR, we try to make the photos as best as we can and quickly so the fish are fine!

Spottie
03-15-2015, 08:40 PM
Short or not, that's a nice fish.:Wink: Nice chunky spots too!

Congrats on some nice sessions!
Don

Thanks Don, that halibut pulled hard, can't imagine what it will be like when I get a legal!

Spottie
03-16-2015, 07:36 AM
Oh bythe way, the fish we caught Friday were on gulp minnows and 3 inch big hammers. Saturday, all fish were on big hammer swimbaits. Sunday, all fish were on big hammer swimbaits.

City Dad
03-16-2015, 11:22 AM
great report and pics, dude. Thanks!

Spottie
03-16-2015, 02:25 PM
great report and pics, dude. Thanks!

Thanks city dad!

fishingboysdad
03-16-2015, 05:38 PM
nice variety of fish...cool pics and report..keep them coming..

SP Dan
03-16-2015, 05:51 PM
I agree with exfactor ... a couple of inches short.

A very nice session!

SP Dan ~~~ <"))>< ~~~

Spottie
03-16-2015, 09:32 PM
nice variety of fish...cool pics and report..keep them coming..

Thanks, i will keep the reports coming

Spottie
03-16-2015, 09:33 PM
I agree with exfactor ... a couple of inches short.

A very nice session!

SP Dan ~~~ <"))>< ~~~

Thanks Dan, it was a little short but I cant imagine what a legal will be like

TUNAVIC
03-16-2015, 09:58 PM
A70fish day is pretty awesome,the lobster looked closer to legal than the butt did,but still very cool,wtg!

Cya Tuna Vic

Spottie
03-17-2015, 06:34 AM
A70fish day is pretty awesome,the lobster looked closer to legal than the butt did,but still very cool,wtg!

Cya Tuna Vic

Thanks Vic, they were both close to legal but I think the lobster was closer to.

iLLest
03-19-2015, 12:40 AM
Wide open bites are so boring, said no one ever. :LOL:
keep it up bud!

Spottie
03-19-2015, 07:00 AM
Wide open bites are so boring, said no one ever. :LOL:
keep it up bud!

:LOL: Thanks Illest, its was very fun catching those fish.

Stormcrow
03-19-2015, 11:03 AM
Who is this kid!!!! He writes a better report than 75% of the seasoned vets on this board. Daaayyuummmmmmmm!!!!

Way to go man!

Any Bonito out there on the swimmies?

Spottie
03-19-2015, 05:40 PM
Who is this kid!!!! He writes a better report than 75% of the seasoned vets on this board. Daaayyuummmmmmmm!!!!

Way to go man!

Any Bonito out there on the swimmies?

Haha thanks man! Didn't think the reports were that good but I guess so! No Bonita recently but I got one about a month and a half ago on a swimbait.