PDA

View Full Version : Trout,

GrabBass1
03-15-2015, 10:16 AM
Went to Skinner last Friday (13th) with my buddies Erik Bomstad and Dave Lester in Dave's new Ranger (sweet set up! Thanks Dave) to chase the big stripers after the lastest trout plant. Turns out our Intel was incorrect - no plant that day. So started sight fishing for LMB in the shallows. Saw a few on beds but could get them to bite. As we were cruising the north shore I spotted a nice bass swimming in a couple feet of water just as Dave said something about people seeing fish and trying to pitch a lure in front of them and how that never seems to work.
Pitched my Roboworm at this bass and wham! It hits hard. Set the hook with my little drop shot rod and brand new Revo spinning reel and the fight was on. As it neared the boat we all realized this was no LMB. Beautiful rainbow and. New personal best for me. Never know how a day on the water might turn out.45947

hookdfisherman
03-15-2015, 10:31 AM
Went to Skinner last Friday (13th) with my buddies Erik Bomstad and Dave Lester in Dave's new Ranger (sweet set up! Thanks Dave) to chase the big stripers after the lastest trout plant. Turns out our Intel was incorrect - no plant that day. So started sight fishing for LMB in the shallows. Saw a few on beds but could get them to bite. As we were cruising the north shore I spotted a nice bass swimming in a couple feet of water just as Dave said something about people seeing fish and trying to pitch a lure in front of them and how that never seems to work.
Pitched my Roboworm at this bass and wham! It hits hard. Set the hook with my little drop shot rod and brand new Revo spinning reel and the fight was on. As it neared the boat we all realized this was no LMB. Beautiful rainbow and. New personal best for me. Never know how a day on the water might turn out.45947

Nice. .

P.A.W.
03-20-2015, 07:43 AM
First of all Nice 'Bow there! I decided to add to this post 'cuz it it's about trout. Normally the trout stocked at ramp 1 head back into the east end. Trolling the main lake yesterday I was seeing pods of trout roaming the main water out mid-lake. This includes along the main buoy line. At first I thought it was an early juvenile striper boil like we see in August, but as they passed my boat I could definitely see they were trout. There are still trout relating to the spot they were released around the marina, but interesting to see them high tail it out to big water.

GrabBass1
03-21-2015, 08:00 AM
First of all Nice 'Bow there! I decided to add to this post 'cuz it it's about trout. Normally the trout stocked at ramp 1 head back into the east end. Trolling the main lake yesterday I was seeing pods of trout roaming the main water out mid-lake. This includes along the main buoy line. At first I thought it was an early juvenile striper boil like we see in August, but as they passed my boat I could definitely see they were trout. There are still trout relating to the spot they were released around the marina, but interesting to see them high tail it out to big water.

That is interesting. We thought it strange as well that this trout was so far from the release area. She was on the north side bank about 3/4 of the way to the inlet. Thought it was a bass at first. Maybe only the big ones roam so far?