PDA

View Full Version : Good times with friends, fish report, and important lake info

cutbait
03-14-2015, 03:47 PM
Met MO and AA at Pyramid, Fishinone and Bass fan were in line.

Unfortunately along with about 2 million dollars of bass boats. Lined up past the inspection station. (Smallies on beds word must of got out)

Anyway, we concluded every point would be occupied by a worm dragged so we headed for Castaic.

Talked with Fishinone and Bass fan and they shared their info generously. I decided we start in the other direction out of respect and probably end up over there.

Sure enough the other direction was dead, except for one farm by MO.

Ended up meeting them at the spot and sure enough it was the place to be. We ended up with about a dozen mix of LMB and up to 3.5 lb stripers. We did have a flurry where most of those fish came in about 30 mins which kind of made the bite feel better.

Saw a bald Eagle, no beds, lake is super low. Glad I was able to see some of the structure. Water temp 57 then 60 in afternoon.

Fun times and great people! Love fishing with my buds.

Lake will be closed on the 18th till 1 pm for bluestoning...

http://i171.photobucket.com/albums/u290/kluna2/20150314_070435_zpsjnloxlqz.jpg (http://s171.photobucket.com/user/kluna2/media/20150314_070435_zpsjnloxlqz.jpg.html)

http://i171.photobucket.com/albums/u290/kluna2/26952_zps6sqdsnxr.jpeg (http://s171.photobucket.com/user/kluna2/media/26952_zps6sqdsnxr.jpeg.html)

Saw some wildflowers that Stumpy was talking about. Thought I would take the time to try to entice Lady Quagga into a free Bako Boy trip? All expenses paid!

http://i171.photobucket.com/albums/u290/kluna2/26939_zpsebbwkp6m.jpeg (http://s171.photobucket.com/user/kluna2/media/26939_zpsebbwkp6m.jpeg.html)

trail blazer
03-14-2015, 05:21 PM
ooooooooYAAAAAAAAAAA!

WTG my Brothers!

Shhhhhhh on the Mid beds!

o well I guess the secrets already out.

LQ has been slumming it with those other 2 and mod squading it lately Probably to busy to get the request.

TRAIL BLAZER

DEVOREFLYER
03-14-2015, 05:26 PM
Da Quagga's all talk and no action, doesn't fish either just smells fishy......... and most likely would fail inspection!!!!!!!

HawgZWylde
03-14-2015, 05:40 PM
ooooooooYAAAAAAAAAAA!

WTG my Brothers!

LQ has been slumming it with those other 2 and mod squading it lately Probably to busy to get the request.

TRAIL BLAZER

Meh, the Mod Squad had a bit more integrity than these H1B'd techies. I'd be more inclined to call them the Geek Squad...

cutbait
03-14-2015, 05:55 PM
ooooooooYAAAAAAAAAAA!

WTG my Brothers!

TRAIL BLAZER

Once she gets a taste of some BB.... well????? You know what they say...

Stumpknocker
03-14-2015, 06:09 PM
Congrats Cutbait...sounds like a fun day...thanks for the bluestoning tip...now I gotta go try and unsee that last pic... :LOL:

Lady Quagga
03-14-2015, 06:17 PM
Sounds enticing, but I'm gonna have to pass on that one. Thanks for the report though!

trail blazer
03-14-2015, 06:20 PM
Sounds enticing, but I'm gonna have to pass on that one. Thanks for the report though!

One day L/Q, It L be a blast:Wink:

cutbait
03-14-2015, 06:40 PM

If I didn't know better, I would say that's as close to speechless as I've ever seen you?..

Offers always open

Double A
03-14-2015, 07:00 PM
It was another blast CB.
Depending on time of year, the fishing can be better...
But, it doesn't matter what time of the year it is for the crap talking... Always good

We missed you TB

trail blazer
03-14-2015, 09:06 PM
It was another blast CB.
Depending on time of year, the fishing can be better...
But, it doesn't matter what time of the year it is for the crap talking... Always good

We missed you TB

Would have loved to have been there brian All this week has been buisy workingDaytime and then schooling Night time for my re certs CCO ,.

wICH reminds ME I HATE Cal OSHA!

Lady Quagga
03-15-2015, 12:27 AM
If I didn't know better, I would say that's as close to speechless as I've ever seen you?..

Offers always open

Heh, you're reading too much into it. Just saving my energy for when Tweedledum and Tweedledee - er, Dev and Hawggy - post in Gen Disc again. Carry on.

cutbait
03-15-2015, 07:05 AM
Heh, you're reading too much into it. Just saving my energy for when Tweedledum and Tweedledee - er, Dev and Hawggy - post in Gen Disc again. Carry on.
You sure do know how to burst a man's bubble

HawgZWylde
03-15-2015, 07:15 AM
You sure do know how to burst a man's bubble

She prefers them older and wiser CB.

Nice day at the lake with MO and AA...

Bassfan
03-15-2015, 09:31 AM
Good seeing you guys out there getting busy. The tip on where the fish were hanging was meant to have you join us but coming later out of respect was a classy move.

Ron invited me to join him on his boat so and we started off good then slowed down and eventually no more hits. Ended with 5 stripers, a couple farmed and one largemouth.

It was a fun day made better by having another boat of friends to compare notes.

cutbait
03-15-2015, 09:50 AM
Back at ya BF.... was fun....

Can't wait for the summer!

howstar
03-15-2015, 05:41 PM
Bent rods are good. Good job on plan B!

Fishbones
03-15-2015, 10:49 PM
A day on the water with good friends is worth a 1000 skunks.

fishinone
03-16-2015, 09:22 AM
It was fun seeing you guys out there.

Thanks for the lure tip. It put us on the UGB, which of coarse shut down the bite completely. LOL

Not! :LOL:

BlueGillChaser
03-17-2015, 02:42 PM
great job out there...

troutdog
03-17-2015, 09:44 PM
Poor Castaic lake ....let it rain! :Sad:

If not more...

Wise words Alex, I'll see you soon bud.

TD

MikesOcean
03-21-2015, 08:20 PM
Thank you bro for letting me join you guys.

I had a great time out there talking crap with you guys.

Can't wait for the TW again and all the tuna slinging out there. Haha

It was great to finally meet Bassfan and see Ron out there too.

Makes it more fun to see all the boys out there trying to help decimate those stripers.