PDA

View Full Version : A nice Perris PB

troutsniffer
03-13-2015, 03:10 PM
It's a bit of a late report but better late than never I guess!

My buddy Dave and I went out to Perris Last month on the 27th and nailed a nice fatty. Funny story to how this big girl was caught! A few cast before catching that hog, Dave got himself
into a birds nest. I took his rod set up and took the nest out for him and tighten up that drag so tight and forgot to loosen it back up when I gave it back to him, lol! So were trolling along
shallow waters and he hooks up on a jointed rap using 10lb test. He said that drag was tight and I was like uh oh :Shocked:! I cranked up my trolling motor and started chasing that thing
while it was pulling and just kept on chasing and chasing while laughing at my dumb@** mistake! She made a pretty good run from us but we won the battle! As soon as she was close
enough to the boat I went down to lip her and celebrated :Beer Toast: It was a fun catch and fun day! Congrads to my friend Dave, She went 8lbs.

The week before that I was out there alone and landed a nice one as well. I was asked by a few fellas/fisherman from in here where I been? I've been out fishing LB break wall every
other week and Work has been keeping me very busy. The calico/sand bass bite out there has been very good up until our last trip last wed. It was slow (25 landed) windy and cold.
I'm still around