PDA

View Full Version : No Crowds and No Fish

SHARKBIT
03-12-2015, 03:03 PM
Fished on tuesday 3/11 cloudy and overcast, trolled all morning for one small striper on a rapala. . Did not see another fish caught Lots of weeds and the most algae I have ever seen. Bait shop said there were lots of trout around the canyons but they did not like what I was offering. Wind came up for about an hour then died down again. Tried trolling a white striper feather with leadcore also. Metered lots of fish maybe just an off day. Headed for home about 1:00 maybe 10 boats total on the lake when I left.

DarkShadow
03-12-2015, 03:34 PM
Has algae been present this early in the year before?

I would've thought the water temps that high up would prevent the algae bloom until later in the year.

WTH?

seal
03-13-2015, 05:22 AM
The bloom and vegetation did not completely lay down or clear this winter, very untypical and I think a representation of warmer than normal water temps. of course. Cold weather never set in for a prolonged period as soon as it came it would leave for warm weather. This has been the mildest winter I have witnessed up in the High Desert also.

Worst part is the damn coots loved it this winter and were constantly picking stuff off the bottom to eat and bringing it up to float on the surface. I love me some topwater be it wake baits or sammy's and spook's and when normally the water would be clear of everything I had to deal with that crap and the damn birds!

Damn you climate change!!!!

PS, thinking with the warmer water the lmb's would become active early, so far not so much, getting very impatient....

NevadaE
03-13-2015, 04:10 PM
:Cool:Patience seal. They will start. They are coming shallow at mead. Got three 2lbers in an hour and a half today.

kellys
03-18-2015, 09:50 AM
im new to website and was going to silverwood for the first time tomorrow was wondering if anyone could give me advise where to fish for striper and what to use trolling or bait fishing