PDA

View Full Version : 2 Officers Shot in Ferguson

Lady Quagga
03-12-2015, 12:11 AM
ST. LOUIS COUNTY POLICE: 2 OFFICERS SHOT IN FERGUSON
Mar 12, 2:51 AM EDT

FERGUSON, Mo. (AP) -- Two officers were shot in front of the Ferguson Police Department early Thursday, a spokesman for the county police department said, as protesters gathered following the resignation of the city's embattled police chief.

The officers were shot shortly after midnight Thursday, according to St. Louis County police spokesman Brian Schellman. Their conditions were unknown and no further details were immediately available, he said.

The shots were fired as what had earlier been a crowd of about 150 people had begun to dwindle, the St. Louis Post-Dispatch reported. Some protesters fell to the ground and others ran. A huge police presence, including officers in riot gear, later surrounded the department.

Ferguson Lt. Col. Al Eickhoff told the newspaper that he didn't think either officer was from his department. Eickhoff said he didn't know the extent of the officers' injuries.

Representatives of the Ferguson Police Department could not immediately be reached. The Highway Patrol said early Thursday that troopers were headed to the scene but they could not provide any details.

TV station KSDK reported the officers were taken to Barnes-Jewish Hospital in St. Louis.

tpfishnfool
03-14-2015, 10:37 AM
If I were to comment on this honestly, I would get banned from FNN.

Lady Quagga
03-15-2015, 04:47 PM
Ferguson Police: Public info led to arrest of man in shootings of two officers
By Eliott C. McLaughlin, CNN
Updated 4:13 PM ET, Sun March 15, 2015

(CNN) -- A 20-year-old man from the St. Louis area has been arrested in connection with the shooting of two police officers during last week's protests in Ferguson, Missouri, a prosecutor said Sunday.

Jeffrey Williams was arrested late Saturday, and he has been charged with two counts of first-degree assault, a count of firing a weapon from a vehicle and three counts of armed criminal activity, St. Louis County Prosecuting Attorney Bob McCulloch said at a news conference in Clayton.

"The demonstrations were pretty much over (when the officers were shot). People were leaving, and that's when this happened," he said, describing Williams as a demonstrator who had taken part in protests on numerous occasions.

At the time of his arrest, Williams was on probation for receiving stolen property, and McCulloch said he believed Williams had an outstanding warrant after not reporting to his probation officer for several months.

The prosecutor repeatedly thanked the public for the information that led to the arrest. He also said that, because of the public's assistance in the case, police were able to serve a search warrant on Williams' residence where they seized a .40-caliber handgun, "which has been tied to the shell casings that were recovered" at the scene of the shooting.

Williams is being held on a cash-only $300,000 bond, McCulloch said, adding that it's possible Williams could face more charges and that others could be charged in the case.

Big question: Intent

One element of the case that authorities have yet to sort out is intent, McCulloch said, adding that Williams has acknowledged firing the shots but has said he wasn't aiming at the police officers.

Investigators are not sure they "buy" Williams' claim that he opened fire after a dispute with other individuals, McCulloch said, but he didn't rule it out.

"It's possible he was firing at someone else," he said, urging any other witnesses with information to come forward.

Bishop Derrick Robinson, an area organizer, challenged the idea that Williams was a well-known protester.

"I asked him (Williams) why would he say that he was a protester because it makes us look bad -- because so many things that we've done to rebuild our community. It sets us like five steps back to say that it was a protester who did it, but he admitted to me that he'd never protested," said Robinson, who spoke to Williams on Sunday.

Robinson added: "We won't allow this to distract us from our mission, and from purpose, because we will continue to fight."

'We could have buried two officers'

The shootings occurred Wednesday night. The shots rang out from a hill overlooking the city's police station shortly after midnight Wednesday, at the end of a protest against the Ferguson Police Department, St. Louis County Police Chief Jon Belmar said at the time.

Officers saw "muzzle flashes ... about 125 yards away," Belmar said.

"We could have buried two police officers," Belmar told reporters last week. "I feel very confident that whoever did this ... came there for whatever nefarious reason that it was."

Public donations poured in to be used toward a reward to find the gunman and any accomplices, Belmar said.

Authorities offered a $10,000 reward for information leading to the arrest of person or persons responsible for the gunfire upon the two officers, according to the St. Louis Regional CrimeStoppers website.

McCulloch said the tipster whose information led to Williams' arrest is eligible to receive the reward. He declined to provide any information on the tipster or the nature of the tip.

Protesters said they had nothing to do with the shooting, saying the demonstrators believe in nonviolence.

"As the protest was dying down, someone, somewhere got violent. Now who they were and what group they were affiliated with, we don't know," said Antonio French, a St. Louis alderman. "In no way are they representative of the thousands of people ... who have been protesting."

Belmar believes someone targeted the police, who have faced heated criticism for months, he said.

"These police officers were standing there, and they were shot just because they were police officers," he said.

The department has been under fire since one of its officers, Darren Wilson, shot and killed African-American teen Michael Brown in August, and more recently since a scathing U.S. Department of Justice report documented a pattern of racial discrimination. Police Chief Thomas Jackson resigned Wednesday.

While the demonstrators' focus was Ferguson, neither of the wounded officers works for that police department.

One is from Webster Groves, a St. Louis suburb 13 miles south of Ferguson. The officer -- a 32-year-old with seven years' experience -- was shot at the high point of his cheek, just under his right eye, Belmar said.

The other was hit in the shoulder and the bullet came out the middle of his back, Belmar said. He is a 41-year-old officer with the St. Louis County Police Department, who has been in law enforcement for 14 years.

Both men were treated and released.

http://www.cnn.com/2015/03/15/us/ferguson-police-shot-arrest/index.html

Stinkbait
03-15-2015, 07:55 PM
Pretty lucky getting treated and released after getting shot in the face. Imagine a .40 has lost a lot of steam at 125 yds.

Lady Quagga
03-15-2015, 10:25 PM
Pretty lucky getting treated and released after getting shot in the face. Imagine a .40 has lost a lot of steam at 125 yds.

While we haven't heard the full story yet, the idea that this guy fired a handgun from a car on a hill 125 yards (that's 375 feet) away and managed to hit two officers sounds a little suspicious to me. Not that I doubt they got the right guy - I'm just more inclined to believe he was closer to his victims. A lot closer.

hookdfisherman
03-15-2015, 10:31 PM

Cartridge (Wb@MV) Bullet BC 25 yds. 50 yds. 100 yds. MPBR (yds.)

.40 S&W (135 at 1190) .093 +2.0" +2.9" -1.7" 106
.40 S&W (155 at 1180) .137 +2.0" +3.0" -0.8" 111
.40 S&W (180 at 950) .164 +2.3" +2.9" -4.2" 95

Lady Quagga
03-15-2015, 11:08 PM

Cartridge (Wb@MV) Bullet BC 25 yds. 50 yds. 100 yds. MPBR (yds.)

.40 S&W (135 at 1190) .093 +2.0" +2.9" -1.7" 106
.40 S&W (155 at 1180) .137 +2.0" +3.0" -0.8" 111
.40 S&W (180 at 950) .164 +2.3" +2.9" -4.2" 95

There is more to it than ballistics.

DEVOREFLYER
03-16-2015, 08:27 AM

Hey it's no problem the Homeboy was usin' these sights, everyone in da hood knows how good they work.

http://i.imgur.com/ghlH72x.jpg

hookdfisherman
03-16-2015, 09:05 AM

Yeah, ok. Ballistics might not be the issue. Closer? Possibly true but, not necessarily true. Also, that shooter might be surprised himself that he actually hit 2 officers at all. If he was in a car, that makes a true Weaver Stance a little more difficult. But, like you said, I don't know all the particulars of this attack either; so I, too, am just spit balling a few of my pitches here .

etucker1959
03-16-2015, 10:59 AM
Yeah, ok. Ballistics might not be the issue. Closer? Possibly true but, not necessarily true. Also, that shooter might be surprised himself that he actually hit 2 officers at all. If he was in a car, that makes a true Weaver Stance a little more difficult. But, like you said, I don't know all the particulars of this attack either; so I, too, am just spit balling a few of my pitches here .
So you do have a brain!!!!!! lol

hookdfisherman
03-16-2015, 06:59 PM

So you do have a brain!!!!!! lol

sooo, that small, insignificant tidbit switched a little light on for ya, huh?

yup yup, proved your point once again pucker boy toy, you don't have a brain (at least one that's got some power behind it)!

lol

etucker1959
03-16-2015, 07:26 PM

sooo, that small, insignificant tidbit switched a little light on for ya, huh?

yup yup, proved your point once again pucker boy toy, you don't have a brain (at least one that's got some power behind it)!

lol

I'm trying to give some positive reinforcement, even if it was a small insignificant tidbit. A baby has to learn to crawl, before he can walk. lol

hookdfisherman
03-16-2015, 08:10 PM

I'm trying to give some positive reinforcement, even if it was a small insignificant tidbit. A baby has to learn to crawl, before he can walk. lol

lol you can say that again,

:Applause::Applause::Applause::Applause::Applause: :Applause::Applause::Applause::Applause::Applause: :Applause::Applause::Applause::Applause::Applause: :Applause::Applause::Applause::Applause::Applause: :Applause::Applause::Applause::Applause::Dancing Banana::Dancing Banana::Dancing Banana::Dancing Banana::Dancing Banana::Dancing Banana::Dancing Banana::Dancing Banana::Dancing Banana::Dancing Banana::Dancing Banana::Applause::Applause::Applause::Applause::Ap plause::Applause::Applause:

I'll up the ante for ya when I think you're ready to handle it. In the mean time, keep your little light burning bright, my little boy toy epucker tucker!

btw, can you come up with something more current than that ol' kennedy one liner? sheesh.
your pot belly is showing!

remind me again, who got into that office?

hookdfisherman
03-17-2015, 04:23 AM

I'm trying to give some positive reinforcement

Well, Thank you! At least you stopped trying to learn us that higher math you used to keep spoutin' off with; NOW THAT WAS REALLY FUNNY :ROFL:

I see you haven't tried to solve anybody's math dilemmas since I called you out on that one!

You must have thought, during those impressive math sessions, that you were bamboozeling the hell out of us. Your logical brain was doing those gazintahs, the likes of which Jethro Bodine would have been completely confused!

All I could think of when I saw those posts? Damn, check out the big brain on Brad! (this needs to go into the discern/futile post, LOL).

Hey pucker boy! I do need some of your math skills though, so I am sorry for teasing you about that, please accept my apology.

Can you help me figure out the gas mileage/problem with my car? I get about 96 miles on the highway and then suddenly my car just dies on the road. I can still smell gas in the passenger compartment, so I know it's not empty. I had also eaten some Taco Bell the night before (which usually upsets my stomach) and the car I drive is a tesla! You can probably figure this one out without even having to break out your calculator, just let your logical mind take over and the answer should come to you!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks for participating, epucker! Catch you late, dude. :Idiot:

seal
03-17-2015, 07:40 AM

That's untrue Etucker has a brain! It's just the wiring is crossed, many wires in the harness were plugged into the left side when they should have gone right.

It's just a wiring issue.

etucker1959
03-17-2015, 08:24 AM

Well, Thank you! At least you stopped trying to learn us that higher math you used to keep spoutin' off with; NOW THAT WAS REALLY FUNNY :ROFL:

I see you haven't tried to solve anybody's math dilemmas since I called you out on that one!

You must have thought, during those impressive math sessions, that you were bamboozeling the hell out of us. Your logical brain was doing those gazintahs, the likes of which Jethro Bodine would have been completely confused!

All I could think of when I saw those posts? Damn, check out the big brain on Brad! (this needs to go into the discern/futile post, LOL).

Hey pucker boy! I do need some of your math skills though, so I am sorry for teasing you about that, please accept my apology.

Can you help me figure out the gas mileage/problem with my car? I get about 96 miles on the highway and then suddenly my car just dies on the road. I can still smell gas in the passenger compartment, so I know it's not empty. I had also eaten some Taco Bell the night before (which usually upsets my stomach) and the car I drive is a tesla! You can probably figure this one out without even having to break out your calculator, just let your logical mind take over and the answer should come to you!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks for participating, epucker! Catch you late, dude. :Idiot:

You know I'm well versed in many subjects. Since I'm such a flaming Liberal, I know a thing or two about electric cars. The three most popular electric cars are the Leaf made by Toyota. The Tesla made by Tesla motors and the Volt made by GM. The Leaf and the Tesla are what they call plug in electric cars. In other words they only have a Big battery for power, once the battery is drained the car must be recharged before it goes Varoom Varoom again. Now the Volt is a different animal, it has both an electric motor and a range extending gasoline motor. So the symptoms you described could only by made by a Volt and not a Tesla car. So your question was a trick question, but I believe I gave you the correct answer!!!!!

hookdfisherman
03-17-2015, 10:33 AM
You know I'm well versed in many subjects. Since I'm such a flaming Liberal, I know a thing or two about electric cars. The three most popular electric cars are the Leaf made by Toyota. The Tesla made by Tesla motors and the Volt made by GM. The Leaf and the Tesla are what they call plug in electric cars. In other words they only have a Big battery for power, once the battery is drained the car must be recharged before it goes Varoom Varoom again. Now the Volt is a different animal, it has both an electric motor and a range extending gasoline motor. So the symptoms you described could only by made by a Volt and not a Tesla car. So your question was a trick question, but I believe I gave you the correct answer!!!!!

Trick question? Nah. U so serious when I sooo sarcastic. It just reeks it, couldn't ya smell it? Muerto moose covering the olfactory nerves no doubt. I liked it better when you tried role playing: playing with a troll (which you normally don't do. (Remember its all written down!)) You definitely weren't good at it but hey, whatever makes you feel good. Lol

I tire of this, Next!

etucker1959
03-17-2015, 11:43 AM
That's untrue Etucker has a brain! It's just the wiring is crossed, many wires in the harness were plugged into the left side when they should have gone right.

It's just a wiring issue.
If that's true, I just as easily could have been a homosexual. lol (Not that there is anything wrong with that!!!!!) That line came from a Seinfeld episode to be politically correct. If anyone is wondering, "YES I'M STRAIGHT"!!!!!

etucker1959
03-17-2015, 11:45 AM
Trick question? Nah. U so serious when I sooo sarcastic. It just reeks it, couldn't ya smell it? Muerto moose covering the olfactory nerves no doubt. I liked it better when you tried role playing: playing with a troll (which you normally don't do. (Remember its all written down!)) You definitely weren't good at it but hey, whatever makes you feel good. Lol

I'm trying to turn you away from the DARK side of the force!!!!!! lol But you are resisting!!!!!!

hookdfisherman
03-17-2015, 02:05 PM

I'm trying to turn you away from the DARK side of the force!!!!!! lol But you are resisting!!!!!!

Well, being a Dark Sith makes it tough for anyone to turn me into a nice guy . You need to be more powerful to overcome Big Evil, why do they call me that you ask? cuz my evil is big!

etucker1959
03-17-2015, 02:27 PM
Well, being a Dark Sith makes it tough for anyone to turn me into a nice guy . You need to be more powerful to overcome Big Evil, why do they call me that you ask? cuz my evil is big!

Resistance is futile!!!!!! (the Borg)

hookdfisherman
03-17-2015, 02:39 PM

lol

I couldn't resist this, that's for sure

DockRat
03-17-2015, 06:04 PM
I know a thing or two about electric cars. The three most popular electric cars are the Leaf made by Toyota.

http://i1265.photobucket.com/albums/jj519/LuBu4/SanGimignano-TownSquare.jpg (http://media.photobucket.com/user/LuBu4/media/SanGimignano-TownSquare.jpg.html)

hookdfisherman
03-17-2015, 06:14 PM
http://i1265.photobucket.com/albums/jj519/LuBu4/SanGimignano-TownSquare.jpg (http://media.photobucket.com/user/LuBu4/media/SanGimignano-TownSquare.jpg.html)

you done it again! lol