PDA

View Full Version : No fishing for one full year!

tacklejunkie
03-10-2015, 05:53 AM
Got nailed fishing a creek that I couldn't see the no fishing signs on because moss was growing over them way up in a tree. Was trying to get the landlord's son out on a couple fish. My gf offered to buy me a new license this year for valentines day, but I declined and said I only wanted her company, and no monetary gift could be equal or satisfying. So I also got nailed without a fishing license in this "closed creek".

Got out a ticket for no license and fishing a closed stream I didn't know was closed. No fishing for one year. :Confused: Totally out of character for me, damnit!

hookdfisherman
03-10-2015, 08:04 AM

Got nailed fishing a creek that I couldn't see the no fishing signs on because moss was growing over them way up in a tree. Was trying to get the landlord's son out on a couple fish. My gf offered to buy me a new license this year for valentines day, but I declined and said I only wanted her company, and no monetary gift could be equal or satisfying. So I also got nailed without a fishing license in this "closed creek".

Got out a ticket for no license and fishing a closed stream I didn't know was closed. No fishing for one year. :Confused: Totally out of character for me, damnit!

Whoa, that sucks. You shoulda taken her offer, then bought one for her, back. Take her fishing with you and talk to her on the rive gauche (not sure of that spelling, will check it later), it's easier to talk to em reeling in a fish than to talk to em while teachin' em how to ski the bunny slopes! Frustration levels are at the opposite ends of the spectrum.

DockRat
03-10-2015, 08:05 AM
Wow, what a bummer. You always have private pay lakes like Irvine where no license is required. No license also required on public piers and jetties with water on both sides. Mexico trips is a option too.
You can still fish. Redondo break wall, Cabrillo and so many more up and down the coast. DR

shinbob
03-10-2015, 08:22 AM
Clues that this may not have happened in Southern California:

1) moss-covered signs
2) game wardens checking for licenses
3) streams with actual water in them

DarkShadow
03-10-2015, 09:10 AM
I know a good lawyer....

Viejo
03-10-2015, 09:23 AM
Hard to feel sorry for a fisherman with 7,000+ posts on a fishing forum who gets a ticket for fishing without a license on a creek that is closed to fishing. See you next year.

seal
03-10-2015, 09:26 AM
I'm not sure how to respond. Never would I drop a line in the water without a license, would never fish with anybody that I knew didn't have a license. I was understanding about the closed creek, lost me at no license.

Guess that won't happen again.

Knotsea
03-10-2015, 09:37 AM
You got off easy they should have taken your gear and put you to work on restoring the sign and community service.

Stormcrow
03-10-2015, 10:09 AM

1) moss-covered signs

:LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL: :LOL::LOL::LOL:

This is f-ing hilarious!!! LOLOLOLOL!!!

tacklejunkie
03-10-2015, 11:05 AM

1) moss-covered signs

You are correct, kind sir, this is Oregon ;)

tacklejunkie
03-10-2015, 11:08 AM
Hard to feel sorry for a fisherman with 7,000+ posts on a fishing forum who gets a ticket for fishing without a license on a creek that is closed to fishing. See you next year.

Come back when you're all grown up. Who is the government to charge me to fish on land I was born on anyway.
All these years I've been completely licensed and legal. The one time I wasn't,t and the spot wasn't CLEARLY marked, I get in trouble. I've paid plenty of dues to the F&G services. The reason they didn't take my gear is because I'm not a poacher and I wasn't fishing there illegally for steelhead on purpose. I was there to catch and release trout, for which, they cut me some slack. If I was a bait and waiter for steelhead, they'd have thrown the book at me.

see you net year? More like I got more time for fishing forums to annoy you, now. Lol

tacklejunkie
03-10-2015, 11:18 AM
Only reason I got nailed like this is because I have a heart and don't accept consumerized BS like the rest of the world does. I could probably fight the closed stream ticket if I wanted to but not worth it. I admit guilt to the no license thing, but I did it out of love for another and lack of appreciation for consumerized holidays. Shoot me!

tacklejunkie
03-10-2015, 11:23 AM
For what it's worth, this particular stream shows open to artificial flies and lures on the internet, and I checked before I went. The landlords son whom I was fishing with, was fully licensed. He did get a closed creek ticket though, when we don't feel we deserved that considering the hidden signs and online regulations.

i also have to pay a $250 fine. $125 each offense. This was not labeled a crime. Just a regulations violation. How many more people violate the regs on a daily basis? Pretty much everyone, at some point. Ever gonna faster than the speed limit? Same thing.

..and DS, you know lawyers only make things worse.

DockRat
03-10-2015, 11:42 AM
So the question remains; Why would a guy that has fished for so many years and spends so much time on fishing websites, buys and sells tackle ect
EVER Go Fishing without his license ??? WHY WOULD YOU DO IT ???

Viejo
03-10-2015, 01:11 PM
Come back when you're all grown up. Who is the government to charge me to fish on land I was born on anyway.
All these years I've been completely licensed and legal. The one time I wasn't,t and the spot wasn't CLEARLY marked, I get in trouble. I've paid plenty of dues to the F&G services. The reason they didn't take my gear is because I'm not a poacher and I wasn't fishing there illegally for steelhead on purpose. I was there to catch and release trout, for which, they cut me some slack. If I was a bait and waiter for steelhead, they'd have thrown the book at me.

see you net year? More like I got more time for fishing forums to annoy you, now. Lol
ler
Your whining excuses sound like something coming from a clueless teenager instead of an experienced angler and sportsman. The more you talk, the sorrier you sound. You don't annoy me...just amaze.

DarkShadow
03-10-2015, 01:52 PM
So the question remains; Why would a guy that has fished for so many years and spends so much time on fishing websites, buys and sells tackle ect
EVER Go Fishing without his license ??? WHY WOULD YOU DO IT ???

He already said....

He hates Hallmark.

Skyler
03-10-2015, 02:10 PM
I know a good lawyer....

I haven't been practicing law since that Garabaldi poaching ring threatened my dog. Now I just ride dirt bikes and piss off old people.

DarkShadow
03-10-2015, 02:18 PM
I haven't been practicing law since that Garabaldi poaching ring threatened my dog. Now I just ride dirt bikes and piss off old people.

I told you to tell them that i thought they were orange Bluegill and that I had drank too much and considered Long Beach Harbor as a local city park!

With TJ, there's many ways we can go.

If it's private land, you can argue that he had permission from the land owner to fish there without a license, and out of season! Because, cmon, If I buy land across a river, my God Given US Rights say that the waterway belongs to me, so that any Communist restrictions on 'seasons' goes out the window since it's private land.

Right?

(BTW, I'm headed out to La Jolla this weekend, and I hear that there are areas that are off limits to fisherman....so, If i do catch a big Yellowtail, what can I say to make sure the DFG guys don't harass me?)

Skyler
03-10-2015, 02:29 PM
I told you to tell them that i thought they were orange Bluegill and that I had drank too much and considered Long Beach Harbor as a local city park!

If it's private land, you can argue that he had permission from the land owner to fish there without a license, and out of season! Because, cmon, If I buy land across a river, my God Given US Rights say that the waterway belongs to me, so that any Communist restrictions on 'seasons' goes out the window since it's private land.

Right?

(BTW, I'm headed out to La Jolla this weekend, and I hear that there are areas that are off limits to fisherman....so, If i do catch a big Yellowtail, what can I say to make sure the DFG guys don't harass me?)

Tell them you found this fish beached with a fisherman's rig hooked to it, and that you are taking it to sea world for rehab. Or just point offshore and say, "Is that a kraken?" and make a break for it.

DarkShadow
03-10-2015, 02:46 PM
Tell them you found this fish beached with a fisherman's rig hooked to it, and that you are taking it to sea world for rehab. Or just point offshore and say, "Is that a kraken?" and make a break for it.

There you go, TJ.

Tell them the fish you were trying to capture (and not fish for) was in danger and needed to be rehabilitated so that's why you used the nearest fish saving contraption to save the life of a native fish. If our local DFG can get thrown EIRs in their face and have them sit on them for years, then you can too!

Told you Fahgoti would have the answers.

TroutOnly
03-10-2015, 06:58 PM
that's too bad t/j...............

IncredibleHuck
03-16-2015, 03:28 PM
I'm not sure how to respond. Never would I drop a line in the water without a license, would never fish with anybody that I knew didn't have a license. I was understanding about the closed creek, lost me at no license.

Guess that won't happen again.

X2 First thing I do every year before the new year is buy that new license.

jerryG
05-05-2015, 10:38 PM

Right?

Tell them you are actually a savior of fish and you were attempting to rescue the YT from a pack of angry seals when things got ugly.. You fought off the wolf pack but unfortunately your finned brother was fatally injured in the attack. Fallen but never forgotten. Just as the warden arrived on the scene you were preparing to provide your fallen brother with a proper burial at see.. "Uhhh No officer that potato sack is not a fish bag actually it's a burlap coffin.. RIP.....LOL

Skyler
05-06-2015, 06:46 AM
Tell them you are actually a savior of fish and you were attempting to rescue the YT from a pack of angry seals when things got ugly.. You fought off the wolf pack but unfortunately your finned brother was fatally injured in the attack. Fallen but never forgotten. Just as the warden arrived on the scene you were preparing to provide your fallen brother with a proper burial at see.. "Uhhh No officer that potato sack is not a fish bag actually it's a burlap coffin.. RIP.....LOL

Can you corroborate this testimony?