PDA

View Full Version : The Big "Five O"

DEVOREFLYER
03-06-2015, 04:09 PM
Getting ready to head out to celebrate the "Big Five O" with my lovely wife. Blessed to be a member of the 50th year Anniversary Club today. Life is good.

Dci4me
03-06-2015, 04:22 PM
Congratulations! That is awesome.

HawgZWylde
03-06-2015, 04:36 PM
Happy 50th Dev! So refreshing to hear considering such a huge percentage of marriages fail these days. Congrats to you guys!!!

old pudd fisher
03-06-2015, 05:43 PM
Good for you and many more, my mom and dad celebrated 69 of them.

DockRat
03-07-2015, 10:59 AM
Congrats Devore. That's a long marrige.
DR

DEVOREFLYER
03-07-2015, 12:04 PM
Had a great evening out celebrating last night. Two dozen red roses and chocolate truffles to start. Followed with Lobster, Prime red meat and all the fancy appetizers and sides also. Sipped some fine wine with dinner and finished with Cheesecake and Espresso. Great evening we had.

It’s been a great trip the past 50 years. Unfortunately a lot of our friends and family members over the years chose to get off the train. It’s not really rocket science if you both take your marriage vows seriously.

That “for better or worse”, “for richer for poorer”, “in sickness and in health”, “to love and to cherish; until death do us part.” Really means for better or worse”, “for richer for poorer”, “in sickness and in health”, “to love and to cherish; until death do us part.” And we have “been there and done that” many times together.

The “little stuff” really is “little stuff”, don’t make it bigger than it is. Be honest and hold no secrets or grudges. We all have likes and dislikes, quirks and annoying habits, chose your battles wisely. Spend quality time together and allow each other privacy and time alone when needed. There are always bumps in the road and potholes, learn to avoid them. Never ever stop sharing your feelings.

It’s great to have someone you can always lean on and possibly sleep on. It’s hard to beat waking up beside the person that’s given you many of the best days of your life. Marriage and love both take time, a lot of time. A lifetime to be exact and it never ends. It’s a life sentence and I have no regrets.

TUNAVIC
03-07-2015, 01:16 PM
Nice,congratulations,it's kinda rare now a days,my wife and I are at 42 yes,enjoy!

Cya Tuna Vic

jaggerbub
03-07-2015, 08:26 PM
Congrats to you both. Wishing you many more...

TroutOnly
03-07-2015, 08:31 PM
Congrats mike...................

Fishbones
03-07-2015, 09:47 PM
Congrats!!!

trollmiester
03-08-2015, 07:58 AM
very nice words there-nice celebration there-enjoy

fishinone
03-11-2015, 09:42 AM
Congratulations on your 50th anniversary!

She must be very patient. :Big Grin: