PDA

View Full Version : rockfish opener limits for all on Betty G

redondo todd
03-02-2015, 04:05 PM
Yesterday I was invited to go on the Betty G on a private charter. After getting some anchovies from Redondo's bait receiver we were off to the local rockfish grounds .We stopped to make some much needed mackerel outside the harbor. It sprinkled a little but didn't rain much. We picked a few up at the first couple drops , but around 10:30 it was on. We fished until about one then moved over to a secret Lingcod spot and there were 3 instant hookups(not me) on the lings. I dropped back down with a new mackerel and got hit instantly, but it didn't stay on. The crew was great helping with tangles and sacking up the catch. They cleaned fish for two and a half hours , and we called it a day after 6 pm. Thanks for inviting me Willy on your birthday charter , and I am looking forward to next year, Redondo Todd.

TUNAVIC
03-02-2015, 05:30 PM
Great job on the rockies,I had to chuckle a little when you said "secret ling spot " I didn't think there were any secret spots locally anymore for any kind of fish,considering hand held GPS and the like.
But if you're skipper had one more power to him,thanks for the report.

Cya Tuna Vic

DockRat
03-02-2015, 10:53 PM
Tasty meat run, WTG
DR

Ifishtoolittle
03-03-2015, 12:36 AM
Nice. The weather wasn't the nicest on the opener. WTG!

etucker1959
03-07-2015, 09:19 AM
Great job on the rockies,I had to chuckle a little when you said "secret ling spot " I didn't think there were any secret spots locally anymore for any kind of fish,considering hand held GPS and the like.
But if you're skipper had one more power to him,thanks for the report.

Cya Tuna Vic
I thought the same thing about secret spots now a days!!!! Years ago, when I use to fish with Wayne on the Aquarius and then on the old Spitfire, he told me he had some stones for Rockfish only he knew about. With all the modern technology now a days, how could anything be kept a secret in a place like Santa Monica Bay.