PDA

View Full Version : Monday 2/23

P.A.W.
02-23-2015, 11:16 AM
First off I was there Friday the 20th and had one of my best ever striper days. Not by sheer number, but consistent size. They had planted trout a couple days before so they were chasing big bait. My smallest was 4 pounds. 6 was common. So I waited for the weekend crowd to come and go and Monday came with cloudy skies and a passing shower. Striper weather! I got there and on the water by 6:15. Ran straight to the scene of the crime just 3 days prior. Only one there. Great! Stealthy. Not one swirl, boil, nothing. Trolled my big baits for hours. Nothing. Waited for sun to come out. Nothing. Went home early 10:00 disappointed. The front really killed the bite. BTW water dropped maybe 3-4 feet in the last few days.

dbfishing
02-23-2015, 11:24 AM
So they are stocking trout again?

NFCD I
02-23-2015, 12:34 PM
They are stocking trout, but not the big numbers we're use to seeing. I was at the ramp when they stocked on Friday and we were surprised at what we saw hitting the water.

ddoskocil
02-23-2015, 01:49 PM
Too bad, Pat. Lots more to come, though! It's almost LMB time!

mizukry
02-23-2015, 09:40 PM
Pat, It was good seeing you out there Friday. Thought about looking for the trout, figuring the stripers would be nearby, but realized when I threw my backpack over my shoulder that I left most of my tackle at home. Grrr. Anyway, had some leaders that I pre-tied, a few sinkers and swivels so I went to my usual bait and wait spot and managed two decent sized ones (caught one more after I saw you). Sorry to hear about today, but knowing you, you will quickly find them again.

fishing_freak
02-23-2015, 09:43 PM
thats how skinner is one day they are biting and one day there not just have to go on the right days

P.A.W.
02-24-2015, 05:47 AM
Nice cookie cutter 4-5 pounders there mizukry!