PDA

View Full Version : Perris Loch Ness

GhettoBasster
02-22-2015, 06:12 PM
http://www.npr.org/2015/02/22/387599629/californias-drought-exposes-long-hidden-detritus

old pudd fisher
02-22-2015, 06:23 PM
45857 Yeah it kind of looks a long Lock Ness.

TUNAVIC
02-23-2015, 09:34 AM
Wow,interesting but kinda sad to see such low water conditions,doubt if last night's squirt made a difference.

Cya Tuna Vic

Pete Marino
02-23-2015, 09:42 AM
rain in our area does nothing to the level at Perris... The lake has very little runoff... We'd need several good storms to make any difference here locally.. San Vicente is full, Silverwood is Full...They need to put water into Perris, Diamond Valley and Castaic... The northern lakes all got water...Clear Lake is close to if not full, Shasta got 15-20+ feet.., Oroville got 30+ more feet of water... we need some too..

Pete

Fishbreath
02-23-2015, 10:08 AM
Instead of spending sixty billion dollars on a high speed rail system, that money should go toward updating the infrastructure needed to move that water from Northern to Southern California (without harming any delta smelt, of course.)

DarkShadow
02-23-2015, 10:48 AM
...that money should go toward updating the infrastructure needed to move that water from Northern to Southern California (without harming any delta smelt, of course.)

I agree.

Who cares about people living in NorCal! They can use sea water.

HuskerRod
02-23-2015, 01:00 PM
Well the Perris draw down was done on purpose, correct, for the construction? So even if we had a monsoon of say 5 feet of rain and it raised Perris 5 feet they would just release the extra water.

Now as for DVL....................

gcopple
02-23-2015, 01:50 PM
according the article linked in the OP, perris is down lower than what is required to do the dam work. it could theoretically still get some water and raise the level a bit before they needed to take it out.

Pete Marino
02-23-2015, 05:05 PM
This recent drawdown has nothing to do with the dam project... It has everything to do with the drought, water supply and demand for water... If the lake got 5 ft of water somehow then it would stay in there until they needed IT AS WELL...

Pete

HuskerRod
02-23-2015, 07:43 PM
Boy, i really miss that east end at perris and all that good shoreline tangle foot

DEVOREFLYER
02-23-2015, 08:27 PM
Unless we get another "March Miracle" it's not looking good, snow pack is at 1/4 of normal.

BassinPLS
02-24-2015, 09:32 AM
Boy, i really miss that east end at perris and all that good shoreline tangle foot

HuskerRod,

I too miss fishing it. What I won't miss is the charges to have my motor's prop shaft seal replaced from braided line picked up in the shallows wrapping around the shaft and wiping out the seal! Boat's in the shop right now having the seal replaced...what a time to have the boat in the shop with it being the start of the "love season" for the LMB! It's my own fault... waited too long to get the boat in to have the work done!

HuskerRod
02-24-2015, 12:12 PM
HuskerRod,

I too miss fishing it. What I won't miss is the charges to have my motor's prop shaft seal replaced from braided line picked up in the shallows wrapping around the shaft and wiping out the seal! Boat's in the shop right now having the seal replaced...what a time to have the boat in the shop with it being the start of the "love season" for the LMB! It's my own fault... waited too long to get the boat in to have the work done!

Hehehe,

I did the same thing to my bottom seal the year before last at Perris. Took her to shallow, grounded out the bottom, got some ropish looking line caught in their........and the rest is history. Tried to pay with lent when I opened my wallet at the fix it shop and we settled for a credit card.

DarkShadow
02-24-2015, 02:37 PM
What I won't miss is the charges to have my motor's prop shaft seal replaced from braided line picked up in the shallows wrapping around the shaft and wiping out the seal!

Who the *uck throws their braided line overboard?

Bunch of savages in this town....

BassinPLS
02-25-2015, 07:15 AM
Who the *uck throws their braided line overboard?

Bunch of savages in this town....

I don't know if people throw it in the water or have just broken it off. It hard to believe that most braided line would break off; but I give them the benefit of doubt. One thing I know for sure is the east end of Lake Perris is full of braided line in the water, so be fore warned...raise your motor when moving around in the shallows with the trolling motor. An expensive lesson to learn! I thought that I had pulled all of the braided line off from around the prop shaft when I pulled it out of the water. Apparently there was still line wrapped around the shaft that I couldn't see. Lower case oil leaking on the garage floor is a sure sign!

HuskerRod
02-25-2015, 08:44 AM
I don't know if people throw it in the water or have just broken it off. It hard to believe that most braided line would break off; but I give them the benefit of doubt. One thing I know for sure is the east end of Lake Perris is full of braided line in the water, so be fore warned...raise your motor when moving around in the shallows with the trolling motor. An expensive lesson to learn! I thought that I had pulled all of the braided line off from around the prop shaft when I pulled it out of the water. Apparently there was still line wrapped around the shaft that I couldn't see. Lower case oil leaking on the garage floor is a sure sign!

I had the same thing...leakage out of the lower case on the garage floor. Got her to Last Chance marine and once the prop was off I had a better braid and line selection in the lower case then most tackle shops

NFCD I
02-26-2015, 08:58 AM
This problem isn't exclusively to Perris. I had the same problem at Skinner. I had my seals replaced a couple of years ago. I pull my prop off pretty regularly. Don't forget to pull your trolling motor prop as well. You can burn one up in a heart beat if enough line wrap around it and keeps the prop from turning.