PDA

View Full Version : Fishing Cart

Kojak5150
02-22-2015, 03:45 PM
So usually I fish from a boat and one of the nice things about fishing from a boat is that all your gear is already in the boat. But sometimes I like to take my son to a smaller lake so that he is almost guaranteed to catch a fish or two. Well when we do go to these lakes, I feel more like a pack mule then a fisherman. I noticed some of the veteran fisherman there using these grandma carts modified to carry their gear. After looking some of these carts over while fishing, I came up with my own. I bought the cart off craigslist for $20. Then I have another $10 or so in material for the rod holders and tabletop.

We have used it a few times and it makes a world of difference when you just pull up to the parking lot and load up your cart and pull it to your spot. Everything fits in there, Rods, Small Ice chest, Soft sided tackle bag. I even bring a small beach umbrella and chair.

DarkShadow
02-23-2015, 09:05 AM
Pretty ingenious creation!

I've seen some local pier rats have some pretty interesting carts as well, including some where they can attach their big coolers to store their live bait in. Even some surf fisherman have designed some carts with what looks to be bigger tires so they can drag them through the sand.

DEVOREFLYER
02-23-2015, 09:21 AM
Ya think my wife will miss her cart or should I get my own?????:Envious:

TUNAVIC
02-23-2015, 09:30 AM
Yeah that's a great idea,just wheel into the garage and you got a nice storage spot till next trip.

Cya Tuna Vic

Kojak5150
02-23-2015, 11:02 AM
That is exactly what I do when I am finished. I wheel it into my garage and use it for storage. It is nice not having to worry about the rods getting broken in my garage.