PDA

View Full Version : Dvl 02/20/15

JailBreak
02-21-2015, 08:55 AM
Hit DVL yesterday. Water temp 62-64. Saw many LMB on beds. Sight fished for 5 and released all back on the beds. Huge Stripers chasing the recently planted Trout in the marina. Fun to watch. Drifted in 35 feet of water with cut Sardines for 5 Stripers, all over 5 lbs.

Baja1ab
02-21-2015, 09:40 AM
Thanks for the report. Just curious and I'm sure someone here knows, what areas are considered "no fishing" areas nearest the launch/marina, or is it the entire marina area? I'm speaking in terms of boat access.

HawgZWylde
02-21-2015, 09:48 AM
Thanks for the report. Just curious and I'm sure someone here knows, what areas are considered "no fishing" areas nearest the launch/marina, or is it the entire marina area? I'm speaking in terms of boat access.

There's a buoy line that runs from the marina itself west to the cove just prior to what is/was considered "3rd cove". All behind that line is shore fishing. Lol, due to the low water level you can practically cast to shore in most of that area now from that line. There are only a few tall white buoys along that line...

Great day for you JailBreak! Thanks for the report...

JV
02-21-2015, 03:25 PM
Was there yesterday also. Caught some, lost a few but we never saw one bed. Where are they? Water was a lot more "green" than a week ago too.

Baja1ab
02-21-2015, 07:58 PM
There's a buoy line that runs from the marina itself west to the cove just prior to what is/was considered "3rd cove". All behind that line is shore fishing. Lol, due to the low water level you can practically cast to shore in most of that area now from that line. There are only a few tall white buoys along that line...

Great day for you JailBreak! Thanks for the report...

Ok, so besides the shore fishing area you're allowed to fish the rest of the marina area then?

Thanks again