PDA

View Full Version : Roller derby Ladies

old pudd fisher
02-20-2015, 09:23 PM
Remember these gals. My dad and I sure got a kick out of them in the 50's and 60's.45841458424584345844

DEVOREFLYER
02-21-2015, 05:38 AM
And the guy doing the announcing was Dick Lane. Remember his car commercials and what he wore???

DockRat
02-21-2015, 07:50 PM
Used to watch it in the late 60's 70's.
T Birds. Those chicks were badass.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gh_Q9qWyFc0

http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f242/Punk_rockers_rock/rollerderbyfight.jpg (http://media.photobucket.com/user/Punk_rockers_rock/media/rollerderbyfight.jpg.html)

old pudd fisher
02-21-2015, 08:22 PM
45853What about the Tijuana bull fights live on TV using a UHF antenna.458504585145852

trail blazer
02-21-2015, 08:37 PM
WOW was just a kid but LOVED that stuff,,Thanks O P F!
TRAIL BLAZER

old pudd fisher
02-21-2015, 09:58 PM
And the guy doing the announcing was Dick Lane. Remember his car commercials and what he wore???
Don't remember that DEVORE but do remember good ole Cal Worthington and his dog spot.

DEVOREFLYER
02-22-2015, 05:39 AM
Dick Lane was a pioneering television personality whose "Whoa Nellie!" sportscasting style helped popularize wrestling and roller games for a generation of television audiences.

Lane, a veteran performer in vaudeville, the legitimate stage, radio and motion pictures, was best known for his work in early local television.

He began as a used-car television salesman — denting automobile hoods and once knocking off a fender on-camera in the zeal of his hard-sell pitchmanship and continued as a wrestling commentator-promoter, following this with a stint as commentator-announcer for the Los Angeles Thunderbirds roller-derby team.

Lane came to KTLA in 1942. He became one of the first television personalities in Los Angeles, long before the networks overshadowed the local stations.

He covered the first telecast of an atomic explosion from the top of Mt. Wilson in 1952.

When the Olympic Auditorium decided it was time to begin televising its wrestling matches, Lane began weekly telecasts from ringside in 1946, he added the Roller Games in 1951 and continued with both until his semiretirement in 1976.

TUNAVIC
02-22-2015, 10:51 AM
Yup,I remember that,I'm trying to remember some of the cool names they had,how about "Gillette Blue Blade Boxing" do you remember that? I think that was the title. Memories.

Cya Tuna Vic

billy b
02-22-2015, 05:28 PM

Billy Bogash and Speck Sanders ... and Big John somebody

Remember when Mickey Rooney played a skater

billy b
02-22-2015, 05:40 PM
Yup,I remember that,I'm trying to remember some of the cool names they had,how about "Gillette Blue Blade Boxing" do you remember that? I think that was the title. Memories.

Cya Tuna Vic

Gillette Cavalcade of Sports ... presented the Saturday Night Fights
To look sharp every time you shave
To feel sharp and be on the ball
Just be sharp get Gillette Blue Blades for the quickest, slickest shave of all

Gillette March was one of the most popular of all time ... often played by groups like the Boston Pops

How about sharpie?

"Look sharp, feel sharp, be sharp …
And listen mister!
How are you fixed for blades? (do you have many?)
How are you fixed for blades? (you’d better check!)
Please make sure you have enough –
‘cos a worn-out blade makes shaving mighty tough!
How are you fixed for blades? (you’d better look!)"

TUNAVIC
02-23-2015, 09:38 AM
Gillette Cavalcade of Sports ... presented the Saturday Night Fights
To look sharp every time you shave
To feel sharp and be on the ball
Just be sharp get Gillette Blue Blades for the quickest, slickest shave of all

Gillette March was one of the most popular of all time ... often played by groups like the Boston Pops

How about sharpie?

"Look sharp, feel sharp, be sharp …

And listen mister!
How are you fixed for blades? (do you have many?)
How are you fixed for blades? (you’d better check!)
Please make sure you have enough –
‘cos a worn-out blade makes shaving mighty tough!
How are you fixed for blades? (you’d better look!)"

Ha,thanks billy b.
Cya Tuna Vic