PDA

View Full Version : So,what are the chances......

sealclubber
02-19-2015, 07:32 PM
....that an ugly stick and cheapo baitcaster will still be any good after sitting in the lake for about a week? I hear it calling me at night.
And yes...i got a little excited at what i may have percieved as a small boil,in an attempt to get a pencil out i reached back and hooked my other pole ,halfway through the cast i realized an odd weight and saw my fav pole flying.

DarkShadow
02-20-2015, 09:59 AM
For what it's worth, that Ugly Stik could go through a nuclear explosion and still be ok. Your cheapo baitcaster may need some cleaning to make sure you get all the moisture out of the places where there should be none.

Brent
02-20-2015, 02:34 PM
For what it's worth, that Ugly Stik could go through a nuclear explosion and still be ok. Your cheapo baitcaster may need some cleaning to make sure you get all the moisture out of the places where there should be none.

Ditto on that one!

I found a new one when I was living in Texas back in 2005 that it appears someone (girlfriend/wife) got mad and threw into a lake I was fishing in. It was in shallow water< so I waded our and got it and a sunken tackle box with a bunch of crap new tackle.

I kept the new rod and reel and last weekend traded it in at Bass Pro for a discount on my new killer set up.
Still worked like new and I never cleaned it or anything.

Brent

sealclubber
02-20-2015, 08:24 PM
Ya i was thinking about having my kid go out and get it...loved that dam pole..Baitcaster was more a sentimental thing...
Was more worried about the cork grips being all mucked up and smelling like the wood.

parkermann2
02-20-2015, 11:41 PM
If it's at the wood I'll get it for you whenthe water gets a little warmer lol. I wanted tO do a little swimbait diving once the water gets a little warmer