PDA

View Full Version : Inshore Spots near NPH or LB, not asking for honey holes

MikeAce00
02-19-2015, 01:30 AM
Hey everyone,
I recently got a 14ft Gregor Aluminum and have previously only fished it inside the harbor in Newport. I'm looking to venture slightly outside the harbor maybe up to 1 mile to do a little rock fishing or calico hunting. Is anybody willing to share some locations to try? (Newport or Long Beach Area) Common well known areas are fine with me, either post or pm whatever you prefer.

Really just looking to take a little baby step into the world of PBer. Or if you have any other advice that might help me in my journey beyond the harbor please share.

Thanks in Advance,

Mike

parkermann2
02-19-2015, 12:30 PM
You can fish the long beach break wall. I havnt fished it Yet but I am planning on taking my kayak there soon

karlow
02-19-2015, 09:06 PM
If you have a bait tank, I would target halibut inside the harbors. If not you can try bounce balling with houchies and frozen fin bait. The hast few weeks it has been so nice around LB, you could have been running outside hunting for the big boyz. It's not typically that nice out of LB.

murrieta angler
02-20-2015, 09:09 AM
Rockfish are out of season right now Bro.
Do you have a fish finder?
If so, head out of Dana Point, go South and fish in front of the Domes.
Look for the pipe, tie on some plastics and go for it.
Good Luck,
Robert
<><

MikeAce00
02-20-2015, 10:42 PM
Thanks guys, very helpful info thank you! Totally understand on the "rockfish" season. I suppose I meant to be more general in regard to time of year. Same with the species of fish. Really just looking to throw plastics and catch fish, be it Halis, Calicos, or Lings. Just looking to have some fun on the dingy this spring/summer.

Bounce Balling looks intriguing! Might have to give that a go...